Most Embarrasing Witness Moment from Childhood

by Perfection Seeker 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

HI! Anyone on here have a "most embarrasing witness moment" from childhood? Mine is from 7th grade- that was 20 years ago- but I still cringe when I think of it. Almost too hard to write down- but maybe it will be therapeutic & part of the healing process? You can go ahead & laugh- but still to this day I am NOT laughing about it! I was 13- they announced the next day we would be voting for class officers. I went home & asked my mom if it was wrong to vote- she said "VOTE FOR GODS KINGDOM" Well, the next day- voting began- three options 1) Brooke 2) Gregg 3) Other. Well, I put a mark on OTHER & wrote GODS KINGDOM. So, later in the day- the intercom came on- they announced the scores for class officers: Brooke received 73 votes, Gregg received 62 votes, and 1 vote for Gods Kingdom. Part of me died that day. I am cringing just writing this! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone post something equal or worst- so I know I was not the only messed up 13 year old!

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Gosh, how about the term papers I wrote in high school using Watchtowers, Awakes, the Aid book, and NWT as 'reference material'?

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Here's a similiar thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=20322&site=3

Edited to add another:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=17826&site=3

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 29 June 2002 1:0:29

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i don't know that i have any one specific memory, but years of bad memories nonetheless. trying to explain to my school friends in elementary school why i wasn't allowed to do anything outside of school. that's such a great way to make friends and build self-esteem, isn't it??!? also, every school program that required participation, sitting down on the risers while the holiday and patriotic songs were being sung. at graduation, not standing during the national anthem. being 'excused' and sent to the library to read because a movie that was being shown in class was deamed 'not appropriate' by my mother. ugh--this all just makes me shudder!!!

beck

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

My mom didn't even let me attend the "sex ed" classes- even the first ones that seperated boys & girls- the girls just learded about "periods" and general stuff- I was to be "excused" because it wasn't appropriate! I am still in the BITTER stage- but hope to kick over to the forgive & forget stage- but things like this voting, sex ed- being excused from EVERYTHING! Maybe I will go back to school to be a Ex Witness therapist- looks like there would be PLENTY of clients! :-) Thanks for writing- feeling better already! :-) (I could NEVER have even told the voting for GODS KINGDOM story to my husband- he would NEVER have grasped the depth of it- so nice to get it off my chest!)

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

perfection--that's why i love this forum (and my sister). i think people who never grew up JW have no clue what it was like. they have no idea, can't even begin to fathom. my ex bf (still good friends) as supportive as he is/was, just doesn't understand what things were like for us growing up. nice to know there are such good friends here. ((((perfection))))

beck

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

all that control,...... is to make people sooo different, that their only friends are jws.........then, they don't like to leave their jw support system, cause those are their only friends....... just my opinion

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i totally agree with you crawdad, but isn't it funny that the people who are supposed to be your true friends turn their backs so quickly???

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker
    MEMO FROM GOD

Date: TODAY
    Subject: YOURSELF
    Reference: LIFE

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please
    remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle,
    do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God
    to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are
    present in your life now.

people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

of work for years.

who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her
    children.

Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't
    live long enough to get the opportunity.

ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You
    could be one of them!
  • rmayer32
    rmayer32

Standing there like a jackass while everyone recited the pledge of allegiance..LOL

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit