Most Embarrasing Witness Moment from Childhood

by Perfection Seeker 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I was 7 years old and I was well noted for "answering from the heart" at Sunday meetings. So anyhow, a question was asked about modesty or something and I raised my hand and said...

"Too mnay of the sisters come to the hall with skimpy clothes and show off thier breasts. Showing thier breasts is not modest."

I was totally and utterly serious, but for some reason, everybody else thought is was sooooo funny... the enitre hall ROARED with laughter and many reminded me of my "circuit-wide famous answer" for YEARS...

Moe

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

For me one of the worst of times was every day at recess in first second and third grades. I went to a very school. There were only about 25 in each grade. We were almost like family. I stood and watched while my friends would play cowboys and indians. I loved to play cowboys and indians but it was a fighting game and of course a good witness kid wouldn't play that. I "stumbled" a few times and went the rest of the day with a very guilty concience.

Another good one was in 3rd grade when my art teacher convinced me to color a turkey. It was Thanksgiving and I guess I was objecting weakly to the assignment to color a turkey. She told me that my turkey wasn't a Thanksgiving turkey. It was a regular old turkey. That worked for me and I completed the assignment with a clean concience. When my dad found out, he came up to the school and chewed out the art teacher for tricking his boy into compromising his faith. Talk about embarassing. Needless to say, that teacher hated me from then on.

TimB

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Some of these are so funny and some are so horrible!!!

True story............

When I was 16 years old. My mother tryed to get me to date a j.w. brother at the kingdom hall. He was a very nice person, but he was not my type and someone that I wanted to date. He wanted to come over one night and *I swear to you* he wanted to study for the watchtower. I didn't want to because I thought it would lead him on. My mother insisted I do this and I was having a fit with her over this. I literly hid in my closet refussing to come out and she grabed me by the hair of the head and pulled me out!!!!! MADE ME sit with this guy for over an hour and study this crap! I don't mean to sound ugly toward to guy, but he stunk, he wore his pants TOO short....his hair grezzzzzzed down....bad glasses and he talked through his nose, real nazally. It was many of my childhod moments! I've got more!

Thanks for sharing these stories, some were so funny!!!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

profile | register | active | rated | members | stats | search
    Navigate directly to forum area...
    Personal Experiences This forum is for people who want to share their experiences with others. All Forums
    Personal Experiences
    < Prev | Next >
    Live Chat: empty

There has been a problem! :-

Invalid Password or UserName

Use you back button to correct the problem.

You can copy your post below to make sure it is not lost:

Oh my Gawdddddd!! Tinkerbell,,,, I had a similar experience, with a young brother trying to "court" me. I always hated that word. He was so gross. He had the nerve to tell others at the hall that he was going to marry me, I just didnt know it yet! ; Oh course my dad was not too keen on me talking to any guys , witness or not. So this young brother would bring his guitar over and sit with my dad and play kingdom songs . ; ; I left the room, sick at my stomach. ; I absolutely hated this brother, because he thought he was the bomb, since he was the only brother around in my age group at our hall. I would have been celibate for the rest of my life than get with him. ; I glared at him when he came over , and totally ignored him. I guess he got the hint when I always left the room and he had to stay in there with my dad. So since dad was occupied with this nerd, I got on the phone to talk to Wild Turkey. But dad found out about my long distance romance when the 400.00 phone bill came in. 

Personal Experiences This forum is for people who want to share their experiences with others. All Forums
    Personal Experiences
    < Prev | Next >

Oh my Gawdddddd!! Tinkerbell,,,, I had a similar experience, with a young brother trying to "court" me. I always hated that word. He was so gross. He had the nerve to tell others at the hall that he was going to marry me, I just didnt know it yet! ; Oh course my dad was not too keen on me talking to any guys , witness or not. So this young brother would bring his guitar over and sit with my dad and play kingdom songs . ; ; I left the room, sick at my stomach. ; I absolutely hated this brother, because he thought he was the bomb, since he was the only brother around in my age group at our hall. I would have been celibate for the rest of my life than get with him. ; I glared at him when he came over , and totally ignored him. I guess he got the hint when I always left the room and he had to stay in there with my dad. So since dad was occupied with this nerd, I got on the phone to talk to Wild Turkey. But dad found out about my long distance romance when the 400.00 phone bill came in. 

Personal Experiences
    < Prev | Next >

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have no idea what I just did above, computer ignorant!!!!!

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

My father was in the military during WW2 and I always was intrigued by his experiences he shared with me...he was particularly found of Ike...I also loved the old war flicks...when Ike died I was in the eigth grade..the school principal had the whole school go out front to where the flagpole was ...it was at half-mast and he asked us all to give pledge of allegience in respect for the passing of former president Eisenhower...well...at that moment my knees got week...a thousand things went thru my mind....I wanted so much to be a part of giving my respect along with the hundreds of my classmates...but succomed to my inner guilt of what I was taught by the Borg....I don't know how I wound up in the front of everybody else but I was only a few feet from the principle....I chose not to raise my hand to my heart and remained silent....during the pledge the principle looked me in the eye and yelled for me to participate....I kept silent...he ordered me to his office after the service was over....in his office he really reemed me out...I didn't care for his method but I was embarased for not showing respect to someone who had died and was a great leader...I also took alot of ridicule from my classmates for weeks...I know also how it feels for children to sit while others stand during the national anthem and the guilt that was laided on us about not going to graduation because it was too patriotic....(I went to mine anyway and glad I did)....I feel for the kids in the Borg....

CC Ryder

• Xandria
    Xandria

This post triggered some flash backs. Well here they are.. sheesh I cannot believe they still cause me to feel upset after all these years.

My mother would not allow me to shave my legs or any other area of my body at all. Nor did she teach me about tampons.. she made you use pads. So here I was this hairy little freak in Junior High who did not date, did not celebrate holidays and no one seemed to understand.

So in Gym class I remember wearing knee high socks. I also had a terrible accident one time of the month .. and one girl made it her mission to embarass the you know what out of me. I felt like CARRIE ( the movie) . She made sure she pointed it out to the ENTIRE co-ed class. I so wanted the earth to open up and swallow me at that moment. If it was not for the kindness of some of the other girls I think I would of ran crying. One girl took her sweat shirt and wrapped it around me, walk me back to the locker room and helped me get cleaned up. She was very understanding and helpful. An another girl slapped the other girl for laughing so cruelly and making such crude remarks. The boys... well some laughed and some shuffled around kinda embarassed for me. That night I went home very upset. It finally gave me the courage to go against my mom's rules of me not shaving my legs. An I grabbed that razor and did it.. mom found out and lectured me about modesty and not being a WORDLY WHORE.

My teachers made it worse by FORCING me to explain my beliefs and/or sounding very snide while explaining it. An I do believe that it affected my grades. I had this sense that they took out some of their hostilities on me regarding the JW Faith.

I was a shy kid growing up and pretty much kept to myself.. books were my escape.. I would start a book and I would tune out the world.

Xandria

• LDH
    LDH

WHEW leg shaving. GIRL, you took me back!

I was blessed to have VERY little hair on my legs, underarms, face, etc. My friend (in the cong.), I think, got my portion.

She was also not allowed to shave. In high school, due to hormones, you could see dark hair on her upper lip. Of course, she was not allowed to do anything with that either. How fucking stupid can you be? Your daughter's needing to be shown things about growing into a woman and all you can think about is THE LITTLE WHORE .SHE MUST WANNA SCREW ANYTHING IN SIGHT.

My friend did the worst possible thing, she shaved it off. She was grounded and spanked....in the ninth grade, peoples.... How the hell can you ground a JW? They don't do anything>!>@!>!

Anyhow, I felt so sorry for her. I stole a facial hair bleaching kit from the store and gave it to her.....and I didn't even feel bad about stealing it. I think it was Jolen or something. That was the beginning of the double lifestyle.

When any of us girls needed things like tampons (which weren't allowed because they supposedly simulate a penis--LOL--I'd rather not know if your penis is shaped like a tampon, thank you very much) we simply began stealing it. AMAZING.

In field service on the weekends and evenings, and stealing during the week.

The sad part, she is still in the Borg. She is my age, 33, and always "sick." I wish I could be open and tell her why, but if I do that to directly I will scare her and cut off conversation. From which I glean some very important CRAPPOLA.

Lisa

• larc
    larc

Wow, a new rule I just learned about. When did this rule about not shaving your legs begin? Back in my days as a teen, this was not a rule for the girls. Did the WT print this somewhere, or did this become part of the oral tradition, somewhere along the line?

• razorMind
    razorMind

Okay...hold the truck up.....

What's the deal with TAMPONS not being allowed?!? Was this a congregational thing or did your mom forbid them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit