To: You Know

by morloc 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Robert,

Desperation would only be part of our relationship if I in any way took you seriously, which I do not. You are a interesting Robert and I do occasionally enjoy your sense of humor, and surprisingly enough share some of your views as to the dangerous state of the worlds ecology and economy are concerned. I have told you this before. I enjoy sport with you Robert, I wish no ill toward you at all, although it might suit you to think so.

I asked you to verify publicly if you have informed your 'leaders' in Brooklyn that you view them as 'corrupt liars'. You failed to answer me claiming some sort of right to privacy....lol. You have expounded this thought publicly to the thousands who view this site, but have not done so where it truly counts, as some of us have. A moral coward you surely are.

As to public exposure, I have not threatened this, so 144001 is mistaken in the assumption that I had done so and perhaps if he reads my posts more carefully he would then note this. That eventuality would be entirely within your own hands.

I note that you are new to this Board.

Robert has a history of sparring with many of us, in the long term. For some this goes back a number of years. If you click on the feature that allows posts and threads to be seen, you may read many of these past posts yourself. Robert does not question the authority of WTS, as you again assert. On the contrary, he views those who do as disloyal tomit aa deserving of the punishment of eternal death. His advice to those who are JWs and do see the WTS flaws is to stay put, be loyal, be quiet, because their salvation is drawing near. Unfortunately he has not been able to do this himself.

Best regards - HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 28 June 2002 18:28:45

Hillary,

I'm not new to the board, just a new account. And I've sparred frequently with You Know, as I don't agree with 99% of what he has to say. Nevertheless, I won't call him by his name, nor will I ever threaten to expose him or anyone else here. And I think a review of his posts will reveal that he doesn't agree with all that the WTS is about.

I am aware of his views on "apostates" and most here, including myself. I'm glad he posts them. Expectations of conformity of viewpoint are fundamental to the WTS, so I don't like to see that here. I think he provokes personal attacks with his pompousness, but inside somewhere there's a real human, looking to break free from the Watchtower. I hope he makes it out.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi 144001,

Yes, I am with you and agree with you.

The whole issue of YK's identity and my own knowledge came last year when he was challenged by others to send his views of the WTS, as expounded on this Board to Brooklyn. He intimated he had done so already, and many accused him of lying. I defended him at the time as I was aware that he had written a number of times to the GB, but that only one of his thesis reached the GB, the others hardly making it out of the Service Department. I defended him, because despite our sparring I do not believe him to be a liar.

As you may have noticed as the months have progressed, his views toward the WTS has hardened and actually become 'apostate' by his own definitions. I challenged him to state publicly that these latest views had been discussed in writing with Brooklyn, but he has refused to do so.

It is quite clear, that although he does not as yet recognise it, Robert is as 'apostate' as many whom he condemns. He is in deep denial and his only life-line, seems to be this special relationship that he claims with Christ. I am not a betting man, but if Robert does not end up being disfellowshipped himself, I would be extremely suprised. Still, at least he knows that he has some friends who will talk to him....lol

Best regards - HS

PS. And just for the record I would like to re-iterate that I did not threaten to expose his identity. If he wishes me to desist from using his personal name then I will, but it has never been an issue as I believe he knows that there has never been a malevolent intent in my using it.

Edited by - hillary_step on 28 June 2002 19:31:34

Hillary,

Sorry for the miscommunication, but I didn't mean to direct the "threatening to expose him" comments at you, althought the "challenge" one was meant for you. Over time, I've seen others threaten to expose him, and I didn't find such threats to be conducive to a board that among other things serves to help folks to get out of the mental prison known as the Watchtower.

Take care!

P.S. You Know, are you interested in doing a private placement of securities for your apostodoll company? Let me know, I'd like to buy into it! LOL

• You Know
    You Know

Desperation would only be part of our relationship if I in any way took you seriously, which I do noT

Yeah, sure, whatever, that would explain the many hours you spend reading and scrutinizing my posts and trying, unsuccessfuly, to defend your Preterist opinions, and all the teeth grinding and mockery you engage in to try and bring YK to heel, and apparently the effort spent prying into my personal affairs in Brooklyn. I shudder to think of what you might do if you took me seriously. LOL

144001:

I appreciate your fair-mindedness. / You Know

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

What we have here Robert is theatre and fun Robert - try not to take the whole thing too seriously. This Board is not 'real life', enjoy it for what it is, a rare chance to explore the psyche on a rather intruiging level. I read your posts because I find them interesting and I find your reactions, and those of your foes interesting, but that does not mean I take you seriously or your views. Do you not see this?

I answer your points:

1) Again just for the record, I am not a Preterist. In the thread that you allude to I stated that your views were interpretations and opinions, and gave the Preterist view as an alternative view and intepretation, suggesting that you research it. Please do not put words in my mouth, there are enough there as it is...lol

2) I do not spend hours reading your posts YK - I speed read, a gift that goes back to my University days.

3) I do not wish to 'bring you to heel.' You are as entitled to your own opinions as anybody else on this Board. I never start threads about you Robert, you start your own by presenting views which I and others challenge - surely that is what they are there for? You do seem to get mightily upset when they are challenged and start an avalanche of insults against them and then the conflagration begins.

4) As to Brooklyn and how I know about you, well it is not quite as you suppose. I did not seek you, you were thrown at me, but this is a matter for private conversation some time, perhaps after you are disfellowshipped...lol.

Now, it is Friday night, time to roll up the sleeves, pour the wine, relax and enjoy the fruits of your labours.

Have a good weekend Robert and I mean that sincerely - HS

You Know,

I appreciated your clarification of your comments on Ray Franz, even though I don't agree. I don't like seeing anyone libeled/slandered, hence my adamant insistence on clarification, retraction, or substantiation. Check the "YK" thread for further comments relating to that matter.

Anyway, I feel like I owe you an apology for the harsh words I've had with you on various occasions. I have no grudge against you, but lots of resentment for the Watchtower that never seems to go away, even though I've been out of the org for 23 years now.

I wish you well.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HS is right,YK is one of us.Whether we,or he likes it or not.God help us all..LOL...OUTLAW

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Lisa:
    The 14.95, batteries not included is my remark...You Know isn't that funny...granted he caught me off-gaurd with the Aposto-dolls after I challenged him to do one better this his weak, "kid/hot chocolate" remark.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Maybe his poor humor is a sign self thought. Imagine if he was able to think all by himself without the WT holding his hand! Its a miracle :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit