Gay Pride Week: Who's Celebrating & How?

by Fire Dragon 53 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sounds like MOLSON TALK to me!!!..LOL...OUTLAW

• joelbear
    joelbear

The celebration means different things to different people, since gay people are always as different stages in their coming out/acceptance of themselves.

Each year, many gay men and women use the pride week celebration as their opportunity to affirm that they are okay with themselves as who they are. Others, who have been out for many years, use the celebration as an opportunity to party and be festive and silly with friends.

The mix creates a dazzling display, from couples dressed in t-shirts and jeans quietly walking along, happy to have a chance to hold hands in public, to floats full of shirtless dancing boys and drag queens and radical faeries and leathermen for whom pride is more of a party.

Joel

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

maybe the rainbow flag could also remind us that noah (since the rainbow was also mythically associated with him) ----uuuuummm!!!, eeeerm !!! aaaah!....... well, had an interesting anal experience also........

"Insight on the scriptures" -- Page 399, under canaan

• Atreyu
    Atreyu

I went directly from the JW district assembly to the Gay Pride Parade in Oslo. A loooot more fun! The party factor was very high. (But I think some parents by the side didn't enjoy the trucks loaded with young boys and girls drinking beer and dancing.)

A well-known anarchist leader participated, as well as the Norwegian Minister of Finance, and about 2 - 3,000 others.

Some kids were highly amused by a clown, running among the kids on the sidewalk and shouting "homo!" (The theme for this weeks festival was "HomoCircus" and took place in a circus tent.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit