Gay Pride Week: Who's Celebrating & How?

by Fire Dragon 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

How many of us xdubs are GLB or T? (gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender)

This weekend I'll be celebrating with friends and "family" over burgers and beer! Afterward we'll be watching the Gay Pride Parade go down Westheimer in the Montrose area. I plan on sporting my rainbow colors wearing my pride t-shirt, cap, and attitude!! Hey, if a TV camera swings my way I'll be out and proud!

What will you be doing???

REMEMBER STONEWALL!!

-Fire

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

I AM GOING TO GAY PRIDE THIS WEEKEND!!!! WAVE THOSE RAINBOW FLAGS!!!!!!!!!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Wassa matter, Fred???

-Fire

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

and after the parade i'll be watching 'IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK 2'- for the billionth time! best lesbian movie around!!!

fire- i emailed you back.

love

katie

• joelbear
    joelbear

Mitch and I have marched the last 10 years but will probably go for after march activities this year.

The Bear Club here in Atlanta hands out little teddy bears to the kids on the route.

Of course, some of the kids have the snot scared out of them with this big hairy men running toward them handing out bears, but their faces always light up when they see the little stuffed bear. Its great fun handing them out and going for belly belly rubs with the bears on the sidelines.

Joel

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Got it, Katie, ditto.

I've never heard of that movie. My favorite lesbian movie to date is "When Night Is Fallen".

Second fav: Bound

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

LOL, Joelbear, it's good to hear from you!

-Fire

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I am merely a 'straight supporter' but I will be thee in San Francisco this weekend with the fabulous 'common bond' bunch.

Yoooo Hooooooo

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

We've already had our celebration--Freedom Fair--here in Sacramento, and I'm too old and nervous around crowds to go to SF. So we'll probably go see "Scooby Doo" this weekend and just generally have ourselves a gay old time!

Jankyn

Edited by - Jankyn on 27 June 2002 14:51:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit