Does anyone grow their own herbs?

by scootergirl 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

We grow a fair bit of herbs. We now have loads of mint. It seems to take over. We could do with offloading some. Shame you don't live closer!

ISP

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I have heard of "pineapple sage" but what in the world do you cook w/it?

• Valis
    Valis

scooter...it is very good in two day spaghetti sauce and with meats/sausages as it adds a little bit of a sweet flavor to food. I think it livens up stock as well and its got a big enough leaf to put in salads for extra flavor (some sissies may not like the fuzzy texture of the top of the leaf).....it kind of smells like the peel on an apple as well.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ISP
    ISP

http://62.232.20.17/index.asp

Jamie Oliver has made it quite fashionable to use home grown herbs! He grows what he needs in a window box.

ISP

• ballistic
    ballistic

ISP, I was praying no one would mention the J-O character. oh well.

By the way, does anyone know why my chillies haven't grown? I collected the seed last year from yellow, red and green chillie peppers and planted them a month ago. Nothing.

Does one have to buy seed for it to work, I mean are vegetables iradiated or something???

• Valis
    Valis

ballistic...for you...usually in Texas we have no probs getting them to gow because its always nice and hot.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ISP
    ISP

Hey growing chillies, thats cool! I've seen a chilli plant. If you get it going, let us know!

ISP

• Valis
    Valis
    Sorry I don't have any advice other than to check with Martha. Her website is usually pretty helpful. It's a good thing.

Just don't ask her for any stock tips.....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thanks for that! It seems like all is not lost. They take a while to germinate. Well, that's what I hope anyway.

• ISP
    ISP

Ballistic, you are trying to grow the plant in doors....the chilli plant I saw was an indoor type plant!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit