Are the MEN apostates more imp. than the WOMEN?

by LDH 119 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Well, here are my thoughts on the subject.

We sit here and bash the WBTS for having gender separation, but what about us apostates?

Do the women apostates carry as much weight as the men, and why do you say so?

I can think of some important men apostates: (in no particular order)

Randy

Kent

Simon

Obed

Jan

Norm

Farkel

Alan

and on and on.

But when it comes to naming the girls that have equal respect, I can think of:

Ginny Tosken

JanH (who some people dislike because she had a problem spamming people a while ago; *I* haven't seen any further evidence of it so I say let bygones be bygones.)

Does the access to technology separate us?And who ranks on your list of 'important apostates?'

Lisa

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Well,

LDH comes to mind.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Lisa says:

JanH (who some people dislike because she had a problem spamming people a while ago; *I* haven't seen any further evidence of it so I say let bygones be bygones.)

Lisa Hun JanH is a man..all man ahem...He's not a she and spammimg who has accused HIM of spamming???

LOL.. maybe it's the long hair Jan?... te heheh...

Edited by - imbue on 21 June 2002 22:13:35

• Princess
    Princess

never mind

Edited by - Princess on 21 June 2002 22:37:6

• LB
    LB

Well regardless of what valis thinks men aren't nearly as important apostates on the boobie threads.

I think important might be a pretty subjective term here. I mean Bill and Simon have huge sites with tons of info. That seems to be an effective tool. But then again we have top posters such as you have mentioned. These seem to be mostly men I suppose. But, what about out in the private sector? When a woman speaks from her heart on a one to one basis, well I'm not so sure men can measure up to that strength. Look at Dateline? That was women talking about molestation. Pretty important stuff.

• JanH
    JanH

Lisa,

Edited to add: It took some time before I realized you did mean to write JanG. If I were a male chauvinist, I would say something about lack of attention to detail and fact, but I'll restrain myself...

( Ty Imbue )

- Jan

Edited by - JanH on 21 June 2002 22:17:37

• larc
    larc

Lisa, I know that this is a stereotype, but the men tend to write more on the analytical, technical subjects, and women tend to spend more time on interpersonal issues, and giving nurturance to those who are suffering. I think both types of posters are useful and necessary. Regarding women's contributions, a woman that I greatly admire is Barbara Grizutte Harrison. She is an oustanding writer, and she provides an artful blend of the analytical and the interpersonal. I think her book got short shrift after it was published, but I think it is getting more attention in recent times. Lisa, those are some of my thoughts.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL!

I meant JanG! ( JanH's bum!)

Rachel, I wasn't thinking of pedestals, I was more thinking of what each gender had done for the XJW movement.

Perhaps us girls haven't pulled our weight? I think we've been relying on the men too much. Just a personal observation.

Lisa

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

I put Think41Self on a pedestal. She's my favorite female apostate, but then again, I'm biased.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Do the women apostates carry as much weight as the men, and why do you say so?

If said it before and I'll say it again. :)

Does a Woman have a mind? Does she have a heart?

Does a Man have a mind? Does he have a heart?

Besides our complimentary physiology, what's the difference? We all share the same "weight", since each of us have shared and freed ourselves from the WTBTS cult. The garden of apostates remain within a constant of beauty, for a rose is not greater then a tullip, and tullip is not greater then a rose. We all add our color and beauty to the board, and to the world.

D8TA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit