Are the MEN apostates more imp. than the WOMEN?

by LDH 119 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    If I were a male chauvinist, I would say something about lack of attention to detail and fact, but I'll restrain myself...

Hey Jan,

At least us women don't mind admitting that we make mistakes, heh heh heh.

Lisa

• ISP
    ISP

Is it important to be important?

ISP

• LDH
    LDH

ISP.....I only mean in terms of helping people escape.....In other words, what can we learn from each gender that will help more people get out.

Lisa

• JT
    JT

I find that we all bring something important to the table OUR LIFE EXP as Impacted by being in WT.

take my wife and I - we have totally 2 different prospectives on the org,

my issue was Dogma and Policies, while my wife's issues revolved arounded around interpersonal relationships.

I was well liked and respected as a bethelite and an elder, ever since i aux pioneered as a man was was respected and paraded in front of crowds as an example worthy of following,

while my wife as hated in our congo, due to being married to a man with "position" we had over 42 single hungry women who could just taste a man. and my wife often times got the shaft.

so for her it was the lack of "love" that impacted her the most in terms of wanting to know why the love that was suppose to id us as christains was missing

while for me it was all the changing rules and dogma that impacted folks lives and not so much as a "Brothers we are sorry and we were wrong for telling you not to work at the alternative service job, not go to college and have kids we are truly sorry bro for we overstepped our boundaries as fellow servants of god for making UP RULES THAT we told you were god's ruls and DFing you for not following what was clearly our man made rules"

now that is the stuff that got to me.

in view of the fact that wt is a male run org, it is often times the apostates men who have seen heard, and read many things that women simply were never allowed to know even existed.

so when they post they often time share "insider" issues from a view that most have no idea OF

case in point, i used to work in the chairman's offfice at the district convention., our location was up in the SKY BOOTH nice clean, air conditioned, bathroom, food and refreshement flowing all day long,

many sitting in the back during the program just conversing , chat chat, small talk, no note taking -no bible looking up text

JUST TOTAL COOL OUT FOR 4 DAYS

while 99.9% of the rest of the convention was down on the field struggling to stay awake, look up text in those little crapped ass seats, while we were sitting in LAZY BOYS as it werec sipping teaed tea many times.

my wife often felt out of place being so young with all the CO, DO Bethel speaker wives and local heavies wives- and being black didn't help either, as they many of the white bros wives would relate their last visits out to Aspen to ski or as Paul Ellingworth our DO would speak of going "Sailing" of the coast of Nantucket or Martha Vineyards

and my wife and i as little reg black jw would say MAN THEY LIVE THE LIFE

and it just felt wrong as you would then see them walk out of the SKY BOOTH and go down on the field and RAIL ABOUT material things and a desire for the showy things of life, and my wife and i would say to each other

AIN'T THIS THE SAME GUY WHO JUST WENT TO ASPEN THIS PAST WINTER?

SO I think the role of women here is so important, as my wife used to say AT LEAST JAMES YOU GET TO SHINE BEFORE THE CROWDS as sisters we are just a footnote THIS IS BRO CO, DO , BETHELITE'S WIFE.

NOW MY wife is able to blossom into the woman she has always wanted to be, she now shines more than i do,

SMILE

I FEEL esp bad for jw women and it was only thru the eyes of my wife did i even while as an elder see the need to help the sisters feel good about themselves,

I got dogged after a talk by a body of elders in a hall i was visiting,- i was talking about being a source of encouragement to sisters and not making them feel unwanted or unworthy-

i spoke about how some sisters spend 4-5 hours in the hair salon on sat getting thier hair "DID" ( ok its a black joke)

then come to the hall and NOT ONE BRO COMPLIMENTS THEM and then mon thru fri she has to deal with smooth larry telling her at work how FINE SHE IS, then we wonder why our sisters get involved and we ask WHAT HAPPENED TO HER.

SO I TOLD the congregations that we can complitment each other with out having to take it to a sexual level

"She Johnson you are looking PHAT in that tight spandex"

man i got taken to the cleaners, by these elders after the wt study, while at the same time sisters were telling my wife how nice it was for me to mention the need to be thoughtful concerning them

so i feel sorry for the sisters due to the fact that they must OVER AND OVER SUBMIT TO men who are called elders, ms or just BROTHERS --WHO ARE REALLY JUST JACK ASSES

my wife hated having a dumbass , ignorant bro telling her what to do- i was always being told to check Lady"C" by many of the bro-

my wife would often tell other sisters about how we ran our household

"I give james spending money each day and he must bring home the change and the reciepts or he washes the dishes and clothes , even folds them if i give him the EVIL Eye"

somy wife knowing full well how some of the crazy bro were she would often tell other sisters - who in turn would try it out on thier husband and these clowns would come to me and like James man what is your wife telling my wife

we would get the biggest kick out of these clowns and they attemped to hold and control thier wives like children.

well i enjoy the view from the female side and never feel you are not important here, like someone said

WE GOT ENOUGH OF THAT IN WT - WE DON'T NEED OR WANT THAT STUFF HERE

but i'm sorry if you feel that the women are getting cut short in someway.

I think i speak for most of the guys - you women hold your own and we love you

• ISP
    ISP

Its being done.....and being done pretty darn well. Whats up? I don't see a problem.!

ISP

• LDH
    LDH
    but i'm sorry if you feel that the women are getting cut short in someway

AAAARRRGGGHHH people.

I just want to know if the ladies are doing their part on getting people out of the borg. I liked your comments JT but Larc seems to be the one who understands my question here.

Perhaps JT hit the nail on the head. The BROS because of their positions were more exposed to dogma change than we were, do you think?

Thanks for your thoughts, you guys.

Lisa

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Hey Lisa, you forgot me! I'm running a support group for XJW's in Los Angeles and I have my California Yahoo Group (75 members strong now!) and have just set up my own website. The website is still under construction, but I've got a lot of good ideas for it.

Cynthia

• JanH
    JanH

ISP,

Its being done.....and being done pretty darn well. Whats up? I don't see a problem.!

True, I guess. But if we appreciate only half the world's brainpower, we have a lot of wasted resources. And many intelligent woman seem to be scared (or coerced) from expressing themselves publicly about things they do care about. It is our loss, but it is also a loss for these women.

An example of a project that involved both men and women in prominent roles are the silentlambs. The execution was flawless, even if the impact was less than anticipated due to some cowardice from certain media execs.

- Jan

• JanH
    JanH

JT,

You always hit the nail on the head. I usually avoid high fiving on the board, but I wish I had your ability to see what's going on and express it so clearly.

- Jan

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

who ranks on your list of 'important apostates?'

*everyone*

Circle of Friends

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit