Demon Stories

by humblepotato 50 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik
    I had a young brother & his wife over to the house & had the sheet music to Led Zeppelin' s "Stairway to Heaven" out on the piano. He about had a coronary. His wife was embarrassed & calmed him down somewhat. I was an elder at the time & nothing ever came of it. I recently bought a genuine NAZI letter opener I found in a flea market. I keep it in my desk near my computer so please don't touch this post if you want to stay free of Satanic influence.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    If you ever get a chance to talk to a JW from Africa, you'll hear a lot about demons. Maybe it's the background but it is very much a main topic.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Marvin Shilmer - "Witnesses fixation on demonism is legendary, and this fixation did not just happen without cause. I give you Demons Everywhere! ."

If there's something weird... in your thrift store jeans...

Who you gonna call? Watchtower!!!

An invisible urge... bustin' outta the seams...

Who you gonna call? Watchtower!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TD - "In the early 60's there was a hysteria that demons could be inadvertently brought into one's home via inanimate objects they had attached themselves to. (e.g. A ring who's previous owner had dabbled in the occult.)"

The 60s? A f**king RING?

Sounds more like some poor schmuck had a bad acid trip after reading too much Tolkein.

• Clambake
    Clambake

So

How does the WTS get rid of demons ? Is there like a special C.O that doubles as exorcist ?

I imagine the WTS feels kind of bad that freaky stuff only happens to other denominations of false religion, so I assume they are just lying.

To me there are literally times people make such stupid and blasphemous comments about the magical seven replacing Jesus, it almost seems like there is an evil entity behind it. I keep expecting the WTS reader's head to do a 360 and start puking pea soup sometimes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

idiotnomore- "I heard so many demon stories when I was in the organization."

Oh, I know.

What finally killed the credibility of JW urban legends for me was the one about some poor guy on the street who'd supposedly been pestered and tormented by demons, like, all the time, wherever he went (can you spell "schizophrenia"?).

He'd go into church after church, trying them all out, in the hopes of getting them to leave him alone (the demons, obviously, not the churches), and, of course, none of them worked (apparently, he'd never considered a hospital ER).

Finally, in desperation, he tried...

x

...wait for it...

x

...a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall.

And lo and (don't) behold, the demons finally left him alone.

x

I'd heard this one about a half dozen times, and it always sounded kinda iffy to me, and I finally said so to the particular group I was with when someone brought it up (I was still pretty much a believer at the time).

I said, "This doesn't click... the demons are supposed to undermine our faith, aren't they?" (as kairos said, "Get us out of 'the truth' by any means possible") "Wouldn't it be more effective to leave the guy alone after he'd gone into the wrong church, thereby tricking him into never contacting JWs in the first place?" (paraphrasing, but that's the gist; needless to say, I was always an outside-the-box thinker).

The look on the group's face was f**king priceless... one of them even said "you're scary, you know that, right?"

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I have heard some. Such weird stuff. But I have heard it from both jws and from another person who went to a methodist church...

The methodist one: she went to mothers home and had little demons chasing her around the house. So that is why she had sex with the neighbor in the closet. Those demons made her do it. 😲 she was asking for prayers to free her from those demons. So not just weird jw stories but I'm sure you see why this young woman would be claiming a little demon action 😒

Now for the jw ones, and this was told to me by the sister I studied with me (and my kid wtf!!)

She apparently purchased earrings from a garage sale. The day she purchased them she started feeling sick, and the next day was violently sick. She couldn't figure out what was wrong but after a few days she threw out the earrings. Within a couple days she was back to normal. 😯 yep, that was demons...not the flu, or possibly even food poisoning... Nope folks it had to be demons...in the earrings 😨

And then of course, some of you may recall, my husband threw out my Crisis of Conscience book because *gasp* it could bring demons into our home!!!!😈

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

clambake - "I keep expecting the WTS reader's head to do a 360 and start puking pea soup..."

* snicker *

For some reason I'm reminded of that old Simpsons episode where the Republican National Convention (consisting of Mr. Burns, George Bush sr., and Krusty the Clown) cap off their annual meeting by reading from the Necronomicon.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I make a least one Simpsons reference a day at work. LOL. It pisses my co-workers off.

You forgot the Rich Texan, McBane, Doctor Hebert and Count Chocula.

Man, the Simpsons were so good from about 1991 to 2001. I really have no interest in the new ones.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I always thought demons weren't allowed in the kingdom hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit