Demon Stories

by humblepotato 50 Replies latest jw friends

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    In the early 90s my husband and I bought a very large 4 story colonial, we had an infant son not yet 1 year old, so we knew he was not to blame. Each night we would go through the entire house and turn everything off. Get in bed -- in the silence we could hear a radio playing. Out of bed search the entire house never finding anything. This went on for months. Finally someone suggested that we ask an electrician. The previous owner had put an antenna system in the walls of the attic and we had a speaker phone in our bedroom. Speaker phone was exchanged real quick. Mystery solved but drove me nuts for months.
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    elders love to tell great bed night slash scary stories around the campground about how they beat up on some demons.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

humblepotato - "...stories like this make me wonder. Can there be a spirit realm but no God?."

I'm in an odd place where I'm pretty much agnostic, but at the same time, perfectly willing to accept that there's some seriously weird shit out there that defies explanation.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the deer head is a classic example of sleep paralysis, quite funny though, can just picture being chased around by it or a scene from a budget B horror movie
  • kairos
    kairos

The bigger question is why aren't Demunz taunting ALL JWs?

That's their one job, right? Get us out of "the truth" by any means possible.

Everyday should include dealing with the demons.

More fear driven lies we used to believe.

• idiotnomore
    idiotnomore
    I heard so many demon stories when I was in the organization. Honestly, I have never seen or heard or felt anything even remotely supernatural in my life and I have certainly done things to invite them in. There was always some brother or sister in the hall that swore up and down they had a certain experience with demons. I always knew they had a few screws loose even though the belief in demon attacks, etc was sanctioned by the org. I remember one woman in our hall. At the book study one night I asked her husband how they were doing. He said that he and his wife had been up the whole night before as demons were attacking his wife. And then he said they had found the culprit. A "Sonic the Hedgehog" poster in his daughter's room. I asked him on what basis they felt this cartoon was a problem, of course he wasn't sure but he knew it was the reason. All of these "experiences" can be explained easily, usually hysteria or simple hearsay (a story being retold and embellished on). Reason and rationale are not trademarks of the JW's.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Lets play devils advocate for a minute. Literally..

You are your run of the mill demon, jehovah is bad, human suck yada yada yada.

Your purpose is to pull people away from "The True God"

Now keep in mind you are a possibly very old, supremely intelligent, higher conscious being.

What advantage does it give your cause, to make people have more faith? especially by proving your existence? Strategically, and rationally it makes no sense.

I have heard many stories over the years, even first hand by some family members, and you know something about "Demon Problems". Its always the same person... over and over again. The fact that the same people are affected over and over again tells me they have another problem. The mind is a powerful thing, and if can create powerful realities, even ones that don't exist. Just think about these things.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Witnesses fixation on demonism is legendary, and this fixation did not just happen without cause.

I give you Demons Everywhere!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

To go alomg with many others comments: since when did the desert god get in the habbit of allowing demons to attack people in his house? Really? And why at that moment? In the hall. In front of a group of elders? Its silly. Having a seizure isnt though. I witnessed someone acting cery similar to what you described, thrashing and falling down etc etc... And ended up foaming at the mouth paralized. If i was a bronze age goat herder or a religious idiot i may have mistaken that for demon possesion and prayed for them or perhaps chanted incantations from a so called holy book at them.. Instead i called an ambulance.

the floating deer head.... Sigh.... What about deer heads would make them prone demon possession? Was that deer a devil worshipper when alive? It pointless and silly. Whats far more likely is that the husband had a night terror and when he was able to move he woke his wife and acted as you described. He believes it and either the wife believes it because he does or she knows it isnt true and dosent want to embarrass him and refuses to talk about it

• TD
    TD

I've got a related question (If anybody knows the answer..)

In the early 60's there was a hysteria that demons could be inadvertently brought into one's home via inanimate objects they had attached themselves to. (e.g. A ring who's previous owner had dabbled in the occult.) This wasn't just confined to JW's either. As near as I can tell, it started when a 1959 book on the dangers of spiritism written by a French Monsignor was translated into English and published in the U.S.

Do JW's still believe this or have they renounced this loose alliance with orthodox Christianity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit