Southwest Air...Marketing Blunder??

by teenyuck 78 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

BTW: They DO have larger seats available ... 1st / business class (and priced accordingly).

Southwest doesn't. They only have one class of seats. :o)

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Not on Southwest Air, Simon.

They are known for their discounts and no 1st/business class. I just flew with them a little over a week ago.

I got searched too. Sheesh! Everyone else boarding the plane, and I'm scanned by some short asian woman. When some big dude goes to search my purse (I call it the abyss). I handed it to him, winked, and quipped "Good luck, Sweetie!".

Yeah, I know...Sept 11. Still, it irked me.

Andee

Oh great! Now you are all gonna know I edited this post twice! I have keyboard Dyslexia.

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 19 June 2002 17:27:48

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 19 June 2002 17:30:16

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Everyone else boarding the plane, and I'm scanned by some short asian woman.

So NOW you have an issue with short Asian women?!?!?! Just kidding!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Uh ohhhhh......

I paused before I wrote that, Andi. I figured I just might offend SOMEONE. Then I figured,
    "what the heck!" Listen, my best girlfriend is 1/2 Korean, so I hope that covers me. So, see? I can honestly say "I have Asians as friends" Besides, I was in San Francisco.

I just happen to be very tall and I had shoes that made me even taller (well over 6') so, yes, she was very tiny compared to this big blond. I'm standing there looking like someone is about to nail me to a cross, feeling embarrassed because the assumption is that I'm a suspected terrorist. Then there was that metal scanner beeping every time she waved it over my back because of the hooks in my bra! Oh yes, I have lovely memories of Southwest Airlines!

Andee

• Farkel
    Farkel

The only people who are going to raise flak on Southwest's new policy are porkers. Trust me.

Farkel

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I know. I'm just laughing at this because I'm half - Japanese. I'm just teasing!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I live in Boeing country, so I'm familiar with a lot of the business aspects of the airline industry. A big piece of this problem is that for years the name of the game has been "how many people can we cram in here?" The result is that seats are designed to a standard that doesn't allow for much variation. Combine that with the fact that as a whole, Americans are getting fatter, and you have a problem.

I don't like fllying to begin with. Being packed in next to a moose would really make for a bad flight. I think they are doing what they can for their customers.

• Princess
    Princess

I think it's a fair idea. SW is really an inexpensive way to fly, if the larger people don't like it they can always fly on another carrier.

I am going to fly from Seattle to Boston in a few weeks. Non-stop with my two kids. Six hours. They are small and definitely don't fill the seat but I can't help but think my space will be encroached upon anyway.

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep the four year old occupied. Last time we flew was a year ago and a short flight to Disneyland. How do I keep her busy? She is REALLY wiggly. Rhys will be a breeze. Gameboy, new books, that's all he needs.

Rachel

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Princess,

I know this probably sounds mean, but when I've travelled long distance with my doggies, I've given them Benadryl. Sends 'em right to sleep.

Andi

• Simon
    Simon

When I went to Canada in January to see my dad I got stopped and searched on every flight. I really do think it was because I had grown a beard (over the Christmas holidays) and probably look a bit shifty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit