Are you socially retarded? - For the newbies

by Billygoat 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• 13th_apostate
    13th_apostate

hi everyone. I'm a true newbie in that this is my first post. I've lurked about here off and on for the last few years but recently I've been reading a lot of this forum very regularly. this thread prompted me "de-lurk" as someone said recently. I was definitely socially retarded. the truly sad part is that it was not entirely the Borg's fault - I was shy before my mom started studying when I was in the 3rd grade. of course it didn't help my already shy nature. I haven't been to a meeting in 11 years now. I just wanted to add that it was mostly my wife who brought me out of my social retardedness. I had made some inroads to be socially normal but it was her and exposure to her huge catholic family that forced me into situations where I had to be a social person. it was very uncomfortable and frightening at first but over time I learned and liked it. even after being away from the borg for as long as I have, I am still discovering that a lot of the roots of my thinking and reacting grew in the JW environment. amazing how actions impact our lives. thanks for this thread andi. it really made me examine myself.

will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit