Ok, I See Some Evidence of Brainwashing

by VioletAnai 21 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomhouse3
    freedomhouse3

It is important for her to sort all of this out and for us to support her in any way we can. In time she will "HONESTLY discard the provisional teachings" as Shakamuni has stated. Even I had gone through this process.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi violet anna,

if you like, you can believe that the organization has gone apostate, just like israel did many times, when there was a wicked king>>>>>>>>>> it's a good place to start......... many exjws have advanced way beyond that thinking though.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I truly believe the bibles promise of paradise on earth. But, then again, I've only read NWT.

I believe in Jah and his purposes. However, it's the actual representatives on earth that irk me. Just as I'm sure a few faithful jews felt about the rest of the population!

Seems like it takes a few good apples, to keep the whole bunch from going bad......

Yes, Dung, I'm still confused. One minute, I love them and their promises, the next, I'm angry at the injustice of their policies. How much it hurts people and how they are not following Jesus' example. Makes me very sad that this religion I grew up in has somehow over the years, lost it's focus and goals

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Violet

I read your post and thought of this song. Dunno why. Get a copy of Jeff Buckleys version and play it.

Popee

Hallelujah (words and music L. Cohen)

Now I've heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord
    But you don't really care for music, do you?
    It goes like this
    The fourth, the fifth
    The minor fall, the major lift
    The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah
    Hallelujah
    Hallelujah
    Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
    You saw her bathing on the roof
    Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew her
    She tied you
    To a kitchen chair
    She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
    And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
    I don't even know the name
    But if I did, well really, what's it to you?
    There's a blaze of light
    In every word
    It doesn't matter which you heard
    The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I did my best, it wasn't much
    I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
    I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
    And even though
    It all went wrong
    I'll stand before the Lord of Song
    With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah

• professor
    professor

If you are inside the JW bubble long enough, perhaps even being brought up this way by your parents, it can take a long time to break the brainwashing and really see in your heart how sick and wrong the Watchtower Society really is. Sometimes I feel that I will never emotionally grasp it, although logically I know that it is the sad truth.

We should lovingly support anyone who is in the process of coming out. Otherwise, we are being just like the Witnesses who truly do make you decide whether you are in or out.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Popee:

I luv that song! But for some reason it always makes me sad.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Violet

makes me sad too, and also a bit defiant.

Because, in the end, it will all boil down to us standing alone and naked before the Lord of Song. And I don't think he will accept any excuses, like "But I was only following orders..", or "The Governing Body told me to eat, so I ate...."

Sometime we have to be responsible for our own lives' decisions.

Pope

• LB
    LB

You'll be fine Ani. Most of us have these same conflicts along the way out.

• larc
    larc

Violet, the key phrase you used is one, I object to "God's representatives." I just don't think they are. Now, just because some of their beliefs, a few, make sense, does make them God's people. Think about it.

• teejay
    teejay
    And I start to read the next study article and they have the hide to say that Malachi is fitting to Christendom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! Malachi was dealing with Jah's convenant people, The Israelites and their corrupt leaders, the Priests. Parrallel to today, you would think (as they apply every other bloody thing to the congregation, telling us to pull our socks up!), and you've got the corrupt leaders of Jah's so called covenant people, the Jehovah's Witnesses and Malachi is warning them that they'd better clean up their act because their judgment is going to be far more severe.

Somehow, the whole lot missed the point, or at least deliberately.

You're THINKING, sis.

Keep it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit