Ok, I See Some Evidence of Brainwashing

by VioletAnai 21 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Elder: "The Brothers (referring to gb) have advised that we read only the material provided by the faithful and dscreet slave. You should read all of the Watchtower and Awake articles every time you receive a new one, as it shows respect and appreciation for the hard work the brothers have put in to creating it"

Well I never liked Playboy?????????? Maybe I should start appreciating the 'articles'

Anyway, so the last 2 wt studies have been from the 'Soon an End to Disabilities' mag. Dealing on the Malachi prophecy and the nation of Israels priests and how corrupt they were.

Last weeks discussion was on the priests of Jah's covenant organisation and how they cheated Jah out of what he deserved. Unclean sacrifices, dishonouring wives, greed etc. There was a point made the the elders who shepperd the flock now have to watch that they 'don't bring their own personal ideas into the talks, but to stick to the outline so as not to stumble anyone'. Nothing more was said.

So I'm sitting there fuming, because they won't even admit that it is actually happening now, and they are just skirting around the issue, to cover their hides. And I start to read the next study article and they have the hide to say that Malachi is fitting to Christendom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! Malachi was dealing with Jah's convenant people, The Israelites and their corrupt leaders, the Priests. Parrallel to today, you would think (as they apply every other bloody thing to the congregation, telling us to pull our socks up!), and you've got the corrupt leaders of Jah's so called covenant people, the Jehovah's Witnesses and Malachi is warning them that they'd better clean up their act because their judgment is going to be far more severe.

Somehow, the whole lot missed the point, or at least deliberately.

Brainwashing the great crowd into believing they are pious and more righteous than any priest was. Their high and mighty attitude will topple them and they WILL be judged severely for how they have treated 'the widow and the fatherless boy'! They are more corrupt in my book.

Edited by - Violetanai on 17 June 2002 17:55:1

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Violet, why do you think this is the one true religion?

Why do you have to be a part of this group to feel that you are in the one true religion? Why not read the bible (as Russell started it) and discuss your views with other true 'bible students.' These people could be of any religion.

I am trying to understand how you separate this info in your post and feeling that they (the JW's) still have the truth.

• Bang
    Bang

What do they think an unclean sacrifice is?

Bang

• terafera
    terafera

Violet, your posts confuse me. In some posts you say that you're going back to the Org and leaving the hypocritical apostates, and then in other posts you call the witnesses 'brainwashed' and liken them to the hypocritical Pharisees of old.

Are you in or out? I'm not saying this to offend...if you have addressed this earlier, I apologize, I am just a little confused how to take your posts. I never really get where you're coming from.

~Tera

• SYN
    SYN

I'm so glad all my efforts haven't gone to waste. Thank you, Violet. You made me feel better today!

Finally, you are beginning to truly think for yourself. The transformation is a beautiful one.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I don't know if this person is bipolar or is mpd/did or what, but this is typical violet-anai.

OMG! This is the only true religion!!

OMG! Watchtower is terrible!!!

OMG! This is the only true religion!!

OMG! Watchtower is terrible!!!

And on and on. Violet is under the mistaken and easily disproved assertion that he/she must bash Watchtower to have the board's approval, and will be totally creamed if he/she asserts anything postive toward Watchtower.

You people are great!!!

You people are mean!!

You people are great!!!

You people are mean!!

This is abusive behavior, suck 'em in, spit 'em out, suck 'em in, spit 'em out.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I think she is just confused. It will take time for her to fully see that the WT is a cult. Just think back to when you first started finding these things out. Please give her time, she is making progress, even if slowly.

Lilacs

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Violet,

Funny really, I was thinking the same thing when we "studied" it on Sunday.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Ignored One, (Iggy).

• Imbue
    Imbue

Violet can learn and change her mind at any given time just like the rest of us. Coming to know reality is a slow process for those exiting the org. She doesn't need all this sarcasm from any of us. Why can't you people just allow her to express her feelings and ideas about the WT?

The WT isn't ALL good and itn't ALL evil. The common black and white...all or nothing mentality that Jws have is severely dysfunctional. Violet is just discovering what is reality so let her have her say without being judged over every little break through she may share.

It's a very ignorant to insinuate that she must be mentally ill because she has contradictory thoughts.

Edited by - imbue on 17 June 2002 18:59:38

Edited by - imbue on 17 June 2002 21:3:13

• Farkel
    Farkel

dungbeetle,

: OMG! This is the only true religion!!

: OMG! Watchtower is terrible!!!

: OMG! This is the only true religion!!

: OMG! Watchtower is terrible!!!

For many, that is the process it takes before things finally get sorted out. It was that way for me, and other than several dozen or so pesky demons running around inside of me, I didn't end up bipolar.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit