How many Artists here? Which field of Art?

by invisible 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Celtic,

I am a theater actress and voice over actress. Acting is my first choice as an art form. I also worked in radio broadcast for many years. I like photography, I paint, draw, play the piano, sing, and am a nude model for local art schools. Oh, and I write poetry and do all the writing for my web site.

I am not surprised to see so many former JW's are artists. Artists have a unique way of looking at the world. It is difficult for formal religion to keep us from our vision.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Lets see....

I write poetry & songs, play bass, didgeridoo and am learning guitar.

I also am handy in the crafts dept and cooking (as a friend once said its in the presentation)

Spice

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Not a professional artist, but I enjoy being creative...

Drawing, painting, writing (poems or philosophy) and I used to play the piano but it has been so long I now suck at that... although it is very rare for me to share my writings. Some weird reason they are very personal to me, bear my soul a bit and 99% of the time are destroyed soon after I write them.

Kisses,

Moe

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

by no means an artist but i love creating stuff (even if it does suck, still is great to make stuff :P). always loved to paint and draw and sketch. am teaching myself how to make glass beads to use in jewelry (hemp necklaces for now, hope to learn to work with silver soon), as soon as i get a sewing machine i will be making my own clothes (got loads of designs already.) trying to teach myself the guitar but i'm soo lazy :( i would like to be able to some day travel around to different art shows and music festivals and sell what i make :P who the hell knows if that will ever happen but sure beats sitting in a damn office 5 days a week for 40 hours. if i could sing, i'd want to be in a band :)

• terafera
    terafera

Mimilly, Im not kidding ya...I think we are related!!!! Too many coincidences..

PeaceLoveHarmony, I know what you mean. I would love to be the lead singer of a band..something like Hole or No Doubt. Lets start our own band!

I definitely agree with the thought that many exjws have artsy tendancies... I know, during the meetings, I would stare at the wallpaper and analyze the different colors used. I would study the font for the scripture on the wall and trace it over and over in my mind. Dont know if that was the creativeness in me or just sheer boredom, LOL .

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

PLH- When I come up to NY...I'll bring my guitar and show you what I know. I'm still learning so right now its not alot...but hey I got 4 months.

Spice

P.S. I did start a band where I'll be lead vocals and not sure If I will be on guitar or bass yet (too early to tell)

• bonovox
    bonovox

Ha, everybody wants to be the lead singer...

That's what Im up to as well, really honing the singing aspect while teaching myself guitar for the songwriting...we have a lead and bass guitarist, still searching for a drummer...we had one but he rarely showed up for practice and then flew off the handle when we tried to gently let him know that we needed him to show up regularly...oh well, these moody musicians! LOL

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm putting the finishing touches on a novel. Hope to start shopping it to agents soon.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I don't why, but for some reason it is comforting to hear about so many of you artists who trash your work, and never share it. Me too!

LOL, moe I totally agree about being open 99% of the time, but not sharing stuff I have written, and then getting rid of it after a while, why do we do that? Hahaha~

• annalice
    annalice

I paint murals for profit and pleasure. Painting mends my soul. A little classical music turned on and some brushes and paint and i'm in heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit