How many Artists here? Which field of Art?

by invisible 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Fine Art. Painting, all media, several styles.

• terafera
    terafera

I consider myself very 'artsy'..

I write, play guitar, write songs, paint, draw (sketch with charcoal), decorate my home, cook, sew and do just about any other crafty or resourceful thing I can do with my hands....

I wont talk about how I use my body as a canvas and my many men as the paint...

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

My field of art is Surviving, more specifically trying to survive while being both a believer and not-believer, Making One's Way Thru Living In Two Worlds Simultaneously - and presently I'm rather good at it, but I don't know what the future will hold out for me. Earlier, I was in doubt - but these days I'm not so sure any more .....

Hobbies? Horse riding and collecting all sorts of stuff.

Earlier? Wrote lots of stuff, and was even mentioned in a book by a literature critic, who wrote that "as long as there are people like (......) around, there is hope for the future literature of our nation." Well, I wrote and delivered a whole lot of good Sunday talks, anyway. These days, I feel like taking it all up again. I used to be devilishly good at learning new languages.

• one
    one

Can we consider posting here a healing art?

Doing a lot of writting but 'saying' litle is an art. Ask YK.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

My penchant is Photography. I dabble in amateur photograph and take every opportunity to photograph unusual and interesting things. I find it liberating to explore this as an artistic outlet.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

I'm either drawing baths or I'm drawing flies.

Actually, I have a book in the works, and years ago was a fairly decent bassoon player. Ever try Bach's Fugue in G-minor? Sixteenth notes from here to the horizon. Thought my mouth would fall off. I was in a quartet that played it in contests etc.

LoneWolf

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

terafera - you and I must be twins separated at birth ;)

I'm very artsy. (experiencing a drought recently) I found it's my 'voice' when I'm going through hard times.

I sketch, charcoal, oil paint, write poems and lyrics, play piano by ear and a bit of guitar; I paint wall murals, interior decorate, bake and sew (when I had the funds), and finger paint. Yes, I said finger paint! (someone posted and asked if that counted - darn tootin'!)

On the wall of the stairs to our rec room, I'm getting my girls and their friends throughout the years that have 'lived' here, to put their hands in different colors of paint and put their hand print on the wall. We're also making our pets do it! haHAH!

I decided this past winter that our home needs COLOR. I hate beige and all white. I hate conformity. Our xmas presents consisted of paint and supplies. It's being done in spring colors (3 greens in the diningroom) (a sky, with bright clouds on the stairway to upstairs, and then hanging a colorful kite to fill the towering space) It's improved our moods alot.

I also do scrapbook work. (going through magazines and cutting out pics that 'fit' with my mood and words, and working through my emotions that way. Between the borg and my father - I was never allowed to show any negative emotion.

Art definitely heals. I believe there is an artist in everyone. You don't need a degree!

Mimilly of the obvious babbling class lol

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Invisible

Do you get involved in any kind of Art?

I've been painting/drawing etc for a long time now.

Usually comissions;have three to finish,that arn't getting done!

Have finished classes I was attending, no more naked men for a while!

Starting Fine Art degree proper in sept;(we're off to Paris in Oct ,I chose wisely!)decided I had to get qualifications-I need a job that pays better than exhibitions1

As for the future;I still can't decide-maybe teaching-maybe sculpture ,as that was my Grandfather 's thing -I really don't know-anything as long as it 's art orientated-it relaxes me to the point of borderline coma !

Art therapy with the mentally handicapped or elderly would be rather nice.

My other passion is gardening;i'm doing some work and designing them-great fun and also relaxing-I seem to spend my life in a constant state of bliss nowadays !!!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

As far as art goes, and life in general for that matter, I will try anything once.

Right now I work in advertising part-time. It's not nearly as cool as it sounds, I am really just a sign monkey. I pretty much create all the signs, banners, promotional stuff. (All using graphic design programs, digital camera, design software, etc.)

As far as hobbies go, I write short stories, poems, wrote one play (sucked), paint (oil and watercolor), draw, (ink, carcoal, pencil, pastel), quilted a few times (stuff turned out really really cool but I didn't have the time to do more), I cook like a mo fo, (that's a good thing), and used to do some photography, but my cool camera got stolen and I haven't replaced it yet, I just have a crappy little thing now. Future Horizions--who knows...I'll probably putter with stuff all my life, nothing serious tho.

I also used to be in all sorts of plays, and stuff in high school. Last semester I was in a performance group, it was pretty fun. I am pondering doing it again this year. It's called Players, and they do a theme, write their own pieces, and then perform them as a group. It's cool, but the next theme they are doing is Religion--I might be too emotional to participate.

As far as art therepy goes I think it's a great idea for ANYONE. Doing performance stuff like Players really illustrated that to me. At first I was totally against it, "it's not real acting", "what a bunch of freaky hippies, art farty freaks." etc. But you really do dig deep, and find some stuff out about yourself you didn't even know existed. But I also thing other types of art therepy are just as relevant and helpful.

As far as themes go: Family, Obedience, Love, God, Disapointment, Loss...you name it, it could be used as a theme.

As for the the last question...about performance, I'm not sure I get it...s'plain more please

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I used to draw allot and write. At one time I had a 250 page book written and ready to be published. In a fit of self destructiveness and being drunk I erased it all from my computer. I still think about writing again but my heart isn't in it the way it used to be. Now my hobby is spending time with my daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit