How many Artists here? Which field of Art?

by invisible 45 Replies latest jw friends

• felix a
    felix a

I am or should I say, I was a commercial photographer. Haven't picked up a camera in a while for money hence the past tense. I also do graphic design and digital media as a hobby.

David

• simplesally
    simplesally

I used to fingerpaint, does that count?

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

I am a self taught glass blower/lampworker. I make alot of different items from marbles to vases. My latest hot item are my handblown sculpted sea shells. As soon as i get pictures i'll post them also; but for now here are some of the marbles i make---

• Perry
    Perry

I'm an artist specializing in the sensory impact of visual images.

You may click here to test your own ability.

http://www.jaybill.com/~jaybill/article.php?articleID=49

You will need your speakers turned on to actually get graded.

• Undine
    Undine

Am a fiber artist and musician...Really got to expand my creative horizons when I escaped the religion...Like Imbue, I too hope to continue living my life as a "creative and productive person all my days"... (nice thought) Always enjoy your thought provoking posts, Celtic, Thank You ~~ Undine

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I write poetry, screenplays, and novels. I prefer poems because of their ease, but my real talent lies in dialouge, but I'm just so lazy....

ashi

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Ash, you said screenplays? Why not write one for Erica and send it in to one of the networks? Her story should be told.

Lilacs

• mindfield
    mindfield

I do Adobe Photoshop photo distortions... does that count? It is art, isn't it?

Funny art does exist, folks. The truth is out there. *whistles X-Files theme song*

• seven006
    seven006

Mark,

I'm fairly sure you have seen some of my work so I will not list my artistic accomplishments again. As far as art therapy I did some work with the National Art Educators Assn. in a collaboration with the National Art Material Trade Association as well as a few other groups. The work I was involved with was an investigative research approach to art therapy.

I have see the benefit form art therapy work wonders in the primary school level and also in the mental health field. As far as a benefit for those coming out of a high control group I am not quite sure if their would be a benefit. One of the keys to investigative art therapy is not letting the one doing it know exactly what they are doing it for. You can read volumes from art done by those without preconception of it's purpose. If someone who does not do art on a regular basis is asked to do something they may figure out why they have been asked to do the art and it will distort the results. This is of course art done as an investigative tool. Art therapy done as a tool to relax and open ones inner visual sense is a bit different. I am not quite sure which level you are asking about.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be beneficial for those coming out of a high control group but it would need to have a different approach set up than the other two groups mentioned. Art is used to help those who cannot easily express their feelings and emotions in a verbal or written format. There is a lot to this and investigative art therapy is used for several different circumstances. How it is used and what the therapist is looking for will determine what level and what kind of art therapy is used.

My work was done on an unofficial level between the two groups mentioned above. The information gathered was then given to others working on the next level of psychotherapy. Unfortunately I was not able to take more time to see this project to completion on the higher level but I have had the results shared with me. This is some pretty cool stuff Mark.

I know you have involvement in the arts. Are you dealing with this in your job now? I would be interested in hearing what you are doing. It's been several years since I was involved in this but I still have an interest in the continued progress of this issue.

This is what I like about you Mark, you're always thinking.

Take care,

Dave

• david_10
    david_10

All these talented people whose abilities have largely been squelched by the Organization. Sad. Myself, I'm a pianist and I mainly play classical music, although in the last few years I've lightened up a little and will play a little of everything. Right now, I'm on a Cole Porter kick. In my younger days, I was regarded as quite good and was encouraged to take the training and enter the competition circut. As Brando said in "On the Waterfront: "I coulda been a contenda." But 1975 was coming, and, much to the dismay of my teachers, I felt that pioneering was absolutely the only choice a healthy young Witness could make and I was proud to enter the Ministry. What a dummy. Recently, the Van Cliburn Foundation has instituted an amatuer competition in which the age restrictions have been lifted and the repertoire requirements have been eased a little, and my daughter is threatening to enter me, with or without my permission. The next one is in 2004, and I'm thinking about it.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit