why i do believe in 607

by perspicacia2 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlanF
    AlanF

Dear, sweet Fridolin said:

: Hawkaw, AlanF, Is not a good teacher.

Be that as it may, the best teacher in the world can lead an idiot to knowledge, but can't make him drink.

AlanF

• Farkel
    Farkel

Amnesian,

: In future, I would kindly request you situate a health advisory in advance of such "reenactments."

Uh, sorry. But you know that is EXACTLY how they do it!

Farkel

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Doug,

I have been meaning to say this for some time.

That Mad Magazine face on that body just kills me laughing - god, that is way way way too funny.

Every time now I am starting to read a serious post of yours, I look to the left and just burst out laughing.

hawk

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Hey perspicacia2,

I started a new thread to continue our discussion as you asked..

I'm awaiting your reply to my questions..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=30474&site=3

Again, thanks in advance for responding..

• TheContagion
    TheContagion

AlanF,

Is my hero.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I hope you're a girl, Contagion.

AlanF

• Lieu
    Lieu

perspicacia2 is counting the time incorrectly....... If you add 70 years to 537, you don't get 607. Why? Because time counts DOWN not UP. The correct thing to do would be to SUBTRACT 70 years. Time (as counted by Western standards) goes 606, 537, 482, 1 BC...AFTER the birth of Christ, 1 AD, 537, 607, etc. The years before Christs birth are counting down to zero. (by Western standards, and whos to say Western standards are correct)

Fact is, no specific years are mentioned in the Bible because YEARS aren't important. Counting time as specific years is something that man has recently made up ...but it isn't God's way. The Bible tells us to pay attention to the signs, times, and seasons...not to any specific year date.

I for one am sick and tired of MAN trying to guess when God's day is supposed to happen. It isn't for anyone to know; therefor anyone who claims to know when it is, is an outright liar and a blasphemer. Stop being like Adam and Eve, stealing and eating something that doesn't belong to you....Can't God just have his one tree? ... His one secret day?

Like God has to do things when WE say so. Unbelievable!

The Gentile times haven't ended yet...their kings (rulers) are STILL having their day!!!! Next thing you know, somebody will be saying they know what year Adam was created. NOT!!!

Truth is, we don't even know what year this truly is from the beginning of man's creation. Is it really 2002? How do we know? We don't know. ( We made it up!! ) The reason we don't know is because its not important. I hope your entire faith isn't based on a Year date. If so, your faith is in vain.

Edited by - Lieu on 19 June 2002 3:43:57

Edited by - Lieu on 19 June 2002 3:46:1

• TheContagion
    TheContagion

Lieu

70 years after 537 is 607. The "western standard" or i think it is called the Gregorian calendar is not the correct way. There is no correct way. You could measure the distance between two points in centimeters or inches. Neither is any more correct than the other.

Is it really 2002?

Lieu, i don't know how to say this without sounding harsh. That question is so stupid it's embarrassing.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

AlanF - How in the world you can teach from the bible when you don't accept it as being God's word?

Hawkaw - Don't tell me that you are hiding pedolphiles?

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Oh AlanF,

Contagion is a male. Tinkle Tinkle!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit