Dinosaurs~tell me more

by sOOner 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sOOner
    sOOner

Dinosaurs have always fasinated me.When I was a member of JW's they could NEVER explain anything about there existence to me.I have never seen mention of them in the bible.History and fossil remains prove that they did exist.What destroyed them really?Was it the flood??A meteor???How long ago?How old are they?

Scientists that always claimed our earth to be billions and billions of years old are now saying that in actuality it is closer to the mark of 6-7,ooo years.This of course is what JW's have always said.Put a tally on there sheet.

So much is left to "In jehovah's due time...left in the hands of jehovah.If they are the faithful and discreet slave with a direct tower to there jehovah~why is so much knowledge hidden from them?

In turn ,what they do know for fact is hidden from the organization in general.They are informed to not inquire,do not ask too many questions,Letters are written for the brothers to read at the meetings.These letters pacify ones that have no will to investigate on there own.They have there excuses for the UN scandal,the blood issues,the silent lambs...always to there advantage.The world is against us.They will do anything to tear us down.The bible says we will be persecuted.

OMG,these things are sickening to me.

it all comes down to Simon says...

and a good many are starting to ask questions and inquiring minds do want to know...

JW Motto~

Be meek and humble.

Believe what we tell you

Do not question~

Be our Puppet

Donations kindly accepted

AMEN

(Ascend~

Multidimensional~

Evolve~

Naturally~

sOOner

• Celia
    Celia

Scientists that always claimed our earth to be billions and billions of years old are now saying that in actuality it is closer to the mark of 6-7,ooo years.

never heard that one. Who are the scientists who say that the earth is only 6 or 7000 years old ?

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Scientists that always claimed our earth to be billions and billions of years old are now saying that in actuality it is closer to the mark of 6-7,ooo years.This of course is what JW's have always said.Put a tally on there sheet.

Yeah, please link us to an article in a scientific journal that shows scientists demonstrating evidence that the earth is only a few thousand years old. That is a wild claim, please back it up.

• gumby
    gumby

While you are doing a dinosaur search.......see if you can find out about the T-rex.....you know.....why he was built to eat meat......not plant life. Everything was at peace until A&E ruined it......right?

• Valis
    Valis

Does anyone remember if the borg assumed the last of the dinos were eradicated in their flood myth? Along with the unicorn, griffins, elves, faeries, water nymphs, harpies, trolls...ooops, no they must have learned to swim...and the apollogists don't believe in evolution...

Sincerely.

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 15 June 2002 20:54:1

• sOOner
    sOOner

This is so interesting to make a statement and to get back reply's in varying degrees of in layman's terms prove your point.I watch many programs on TLC,Discovery.This subject of how old is the earth really has come up quite often of late.
    I can link you to several sites that discuss this point.It does not mean that it is fact.I made a statement,a opinion.It was thoughts I gathered from others findings.

http://www.wsmcafe.com/temp/12060635sqh/page9.html

It's A Young World After All
    Paul D. Ackerman
    Baker Book House, 1986
    Paperback, 131 pages

A summary of the dating methods that suggest a young age for the earth. Lots of subjective commentary, very selective about which dating methods to present, doesn't document the assumptions, but interesting and informative reading anyway.

http://www.nwcreation.net/young.html

records of evidence of a young earth

http://www.megabaud.fi/~lampola/english/17evidences.html#1
    Meteoritic dust falls on earth continously,adding up to thousands if not millions,of tons of dust per year.Realizing this ,and knowing that the moon also had meteoritic dust piling up for what they THOUGHT was millions of years,N.A.S.A.scientists were worried that the first lunar ship that landed would sink into the many feet of dust which should have accumulated.

However only one-eight of an inch of dust was found,indicating a young moon

Meteoritic material contributes nickel to the oceans. Taking the amount of nickel in the oceans and the supply from meteoritic dust yields an age figure for the earth of just several thousand years, not the millions (or billions) expressed by evolutionists. This, and the lack of meteoritic dust piles on the earth, lend to the belief in a young earth.

MAGNETIC FIELD
    The earth's magnetic field is decaying rapidly, at a constant (if not decreasing) rate. At this rate, 8000 years ago the earth's magnetism would have equaled that of a magnetic star, a highly unlikely occurrence. Also, if electric currents in the earth's core are responsible for the earth's magnetism, the heat generated by these currents 20,000 years ago would have dissolved the earth.

at any rate,I just happened by this interesting question by asking about dinosaurs.It is not by any means a new thought or one that hasn't been investigated on the different channels of exploring our vast universe.

DINOSAURS
    Evolutionists insist that dinosaurs died out millions of years before man appeared. However, there are many reasons to disbelieve this. There are the stories of animals much like dinosaurs in the legends of many lands. These creatures were called dragons.
    Many times in the recent past, explorers have recorded sightings of flying reptiles much like the pterodactyl. Human footprints were found along with those of a dinosaur in limestone near the Paluxy River in Texas.

Also not to be tossed aside is the possibility of dinosaurs living today. Consider the stories such as the Loch Ness monster (of which many convincing photographs have been taken). Some have claimed to see dinosaur-like creatures in isolated areas of the world.

Recently, a Japanese fishing boat pulled up a carcass of a huge animal that intensely resembled a dinosaur. A group of scientists on an expedition into a jungle looking for dinosaur evidence claims that they witnessed one, but their camera was damaged.

However, they tape recorded the roar of the beast. This recording was checked. The voice patterns on it did not resemble those of any other roaring. You decide. At any rate, the evidence that man and dinosaur did live together at one time poses another problem for the evolutionists.

"But if the dinosaurs lived at the same time as man, they would have had to have been on the Ark, and that's impossible!" Is it? The ark was about one and one-half football fields long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet tall. It had a cubic footage of 1,518,750.

There would have been plenty of room on the Ark for the dinosaurs (especially considering that only a few were of the enormous size of Tyrannosaurus or "Brontosaurus.") Also, the Bible states that Noah was to take two of every kind onto the Ark. Many dinosaurs and reptiles were of the same kind, but much smaller. Dinosaurs pose no problem for creation science.

SUN'S DIAMETER
    The sun's diameter is shrinking at the rate of five feet per hour. At this rate, life could not have existed on the earth 100,000 years ago.

http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-143.htm
    Helium Escape Problem~
    Supposedly, these processes occurred over a period of 4.5 billion years. Many problems have been encountered, however, when attempting to reconcile the composition and processes in today's atmosphere with basic tenets of this model.
    One of the most intriguing problems with the evolutionary model has been the attempt to explain why there isn't more helium in today's atmosphere, if the earth has existed for 4.5 billion years. This article will explore this problem and suggest an alternative to the evolutionary model.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c009.html

Progressive Creationists

NOT A JW viewpoint but christian in origin.

No~ I did not imagine this or dream it up.I hope these views enable a better understanding of the possibility of a young earth.

I am that I am and that is enough for me.

AMEN

(Ascend~

Multidimensional~

Evolve~

Naturally~

• AlanF
    AlanF

Good Lord! You're buying into this Young-Earth Creationist nonsense? Out of the JW frying pan and into the fire of YEC Fundamentalism. Have you no sense at all?

AlanF

• sOOner
    sOOner

Hello Alan~

Just a remark to you on my not having any sense at all.I have not jumped from the JW frying pan into the fundamentalism fire.I am open to acquiring knowledge.Making statements concerning my senseability intriques me.It makes me wonder if you have the sense of compassion and wisdom to know the difference.

Take it gently

• Mackin
    Mackin

When have JW's ever said the earth is only 6-7K yrs old? They have alway said MANKIND is only that old (load of crap of course) but they have in the past claimed that the EARTH was somewhere in the vicinity of 40-50K years old (7 creative days x 7,000 yrs each, also a load of crap).

The YEC reasoning is "dodgy science made to sound good." A pitiful attempt to put scientific face on a mythical religious fable - Creation.

• Salud
    Salud

FYI,

JW's don't teach earth is 40-50K years old. They claim that creation within earth is that old (statements that have not been revisited in any recent publications). When I was a JW I always taught that the earth could be billions of years old.

As for the earth being only 6 - 7K yrs. old that is a creationist point of view. Perhaps the earth may not be as old as one thought but certainly not that young either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit