How many of you think.......

by punkofnice 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Punky, you mention one thing which never crosses their cosseted brains, the harm they do and repayment for that harm. Perhaps now is the time to seek redress?

To submit yourself to the org is to be deprived of liberty and be stunted in emotional and intellectual development. What financial compensation can one ask from them for this harm they do?

JW children are deliberately deprived of expanding their understanding of life because the GB wants compliant zombies not thinkers. They say all you must do is ”listen and obey”. This is the talk of tyrants; they must know they are hurting people. Their rationale is “WTS first” because that means continuation of their privilege and its prideful perks.

When I was a Jdub I suffered from a permanent sense of anxiety, I would say I lived a blighted life and it all fell away after I left, what a taste of freedom! Of course many grow away from the cult and leave their soul destroying edicts behind but to be a faithful JW means to live an unfulfilled life, wasted on the undeserving bunch of religious nutters in charge.

• talesin
    talesin

I watched a documentary this week. It was about psychopaths (or, my preferred term "sociopaths").

Scientists figure that about 1 - 2% of our society are sociopaths - that number is double in high-level corporate circles, which is no surprise, as the culture admires "ruthless" business people - after all, they are *successful*, RIGHT?

Perhaps these people, who administrate a large corporation, are sociopaths. They feel NO remorse, they have no concept of EMPATHY, and they are not worthy of our time wasted in discussing them. As well, I feel that they are tools of, for lack of a better term, 'the man behind the curtain'.............

As Oubliette would say, "Let's repeat, IT'S A CULT!"

xo

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There are many former Elders here. As an Elder:

Did you REALLY BELIEVE it was The Truth?

Did you REALLY BELIEVE you were being directed by Holy Spirit in all you did for the Cong?

I did. I admit now that I was gullible. I guess I really wanted to believe it and it took something like a timber across my forehead to awaken me..

I think the GB are the same.

Yet someone at "the top" has to know that they are printing lies and twisting quotes and that they are clearly being deceptive in the financial area of things. But who? IDK

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit