How many of you think.......

by punkofnice 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I think they are probably sincere. I don't know any of them. Anointed witnesses that I knew always seemed sincere.
  • fulano
    fulano

The ones who think they do it for money, sorry but that says it all about your upbringing or breed or no breed. What money do they earn? Do you really think they follow this all, waking up at 6:00 am, working all day at those ages, just to be driven to the airport in a lousy Chevrolet to go to give another talk anywere in the US or where ever? And that at the age were other people are retired?

No they are obsessed by there belief, organizacion. It's a psychological disorder. It might even be an american thing. No offense but I don't think that if the HQ would have been in Europe they would have been able to expand at this volume. Religion is an issue in the US but no longer here.

• Ding
    Ding

I think they really believe they are the Wizards of Oz.

But who knows for sure?

• Magnum
    Magnum
    fulano: What money do they earn? Do you really think they follow this all, waking up at 6:00 am, working all day at those ages, just to be driven to the airport in a lousy Chevrolet to go to give another talk anywere in the US or where ever? And that at the age were other people are retired?

I don't think they really work; I think they enjoy what they're doing. It's not like they're getting up at 6:00am to go paint all day. They stay clean all day. They don't come home exhausted and covered with dirt, sweat, and sawdust as I did. They have nice offices. Etc.

I really think that they don't want to retire. They'd hate to lose their present situations. They'd probably go into depression if they were asked to step aside because of age or health reasons. I heard that Ulysses Glass was depressed when he got to the point that he couldn't do much anymore.

And I personally believe that they do get a lot of money when they go out on assignments. All expenses are paid for, so whatever green handshakes they get go right into their pockets. They probably have more free money to play with than do most JWs.

just to be driven to the airport in a lousy Chevrolet to go to give another talk

I think that paints an inaccurate picture. I think they are treated like royalty or rock stars.

I think these guys are drunk on power and they love glory. To JWs, these are the seven most important men on earth. They don't want to retire and give up the limelight.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

They used to be in it for the power and not the money. They were, decades ago, very low key about their finances. Nowadays they're in it for both power and money. I can't believe how much they've changed from years ago.

I think they engage in double-think were they know and pretend not to know what they're doing. They BS and then fool themselves with their BS. No reason to give them the benefit of a doubt, they're as evil as any other dictator whatever it is that they believe.

• fulano
    fulano

No Magnum, it is not that glory you paint. Ok, they are respected, but not treated as you think. I lived there and served as an elder in Brooklyn Heights congregation with several GB members. At least with the Barrs I had a good contact, fine people I must say.

I even would say they get less "tips" than the average CO, most wouldnt even think about giving them Some lousy dollars.

I am just not getting it, that obsession with € or$ and the GB on this board.

Something else: That obsession with the GB is a typical US thing. You ask the average European, African or South-american...who are on the GB, bet they could not give you more than one name. It Is just " the society".

• millie210
    millie210
    fulano: That obsession with the GB is a typical US thing. You ask the average European, African or South-american...who are on the GB, bet they could not give you more than one name. It Is just " the society"

Why do you think that is, fulano?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    If being an elder makes a man feel important, imagine how it feels to believe you are going to heaven, will be a king for eternity and are being "used" to do God's will as his spokesman. I think they believe it completely. Its a place you get in stages and all along the way is reinforced by "divine guidance", obviously. Now that doesn't mean they believe that every pronouncement is from god, they have to see through the BS but "wait on Jehovah" like the rest of us slobs were required to do.
  • talesin
    talesin

And they are just the Board of Directors, so to speak - we don't know 'who' owns the assets.

Hi, you! ((Unky))

• talesin
    talesin

I agree fulano - the USA is culturally obsessed with fame, and I've seen a real trend towards making these individuals 'infamous'. I mean, it's true that the polygamists and moonies, jonestown, etc. gets all the fame - so the exJWs want some. It is carried over from the JW days, when we all oohed and ahhed over 'famous' JWs. Meh.

Which, imho, plays right into their hands - who? WHO are these men? Nobody, that's who. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit