How many guys here wash the dishes?

by ashitaka 61 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Well, if you live alone you have no choice, unless you eat take-aways all the time!

I 100% cook, shop, wash up etc even though I'm married. The ONLY job I don't do is the ironing.

But then my wife works full time and I'm a mere student.

I wonder what will happen when I start working full time too?

Hmmmm.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

so which one of you guys is coming over to do my dishes?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This thread has all the nuances of chauvenism and male/female stereotypes, doesn't it?

For the record: Ozzie washes the dishes and does the laundry ALWAYS.

Why? Because Mrs Ozzie has a very busy life in her business and when I was busier (on the farm?) i would never do those things. Now it's my turn. Nothing to do with role playing.

Cheers, Ozzie (of the "freedom for all" class)

Edited by - ozziepost on 14 June 2002 10:19:3

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Harmony, I'll wash your dishes any day!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Becoming single after being married for awhile forced me to learn some new tricks such as...washing my smaller clothing items with the dishes in the dishwasher. Now my underwear smell lemony-fresh.

-BONEZZ

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

BONEZZ said:

washing my smaller clothing items with the dishes in the dishwasher. Now my underwear smell lemony-fresh.

You wash your UNDERWEAR in the same load you wash your EATING UTENSILS?

That is DISGUSTING!

Note: This edit feature can be tricky sometimes.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 14 June 2002 12:27:56

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Maybe...but all da ladies say my underwear are clean enough to eat off of.

-BONEZZ

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Since I'm doing the "stay home dad" thing while I go to school I'm the one who does the dishes 90% of the time. My mother always taught me not to rely on women to do your work for you. Which is why I do laundry, iron, and yes I know how to sew. I'll make someone a good wife someday, blah! I think every guy should be totally self reliant. You never know when your woman might decide to flake out.

gsx1138

• saltiest
    saltiest
    A Cook that doesn't clean up is not appreciated as one that does the whole job. Only cooking is not the same as washing dishes therefore it doesn't count as a cleaning chore

I'd have to disagree Imbue. At least in my situation. I hate cooking, and when my man cooks (every day) I appreciate it more than anything. We actually have the arrangement where if one cooks, the other cleans. And since he usually cooks, I end up putting the dishes in the dishwasher. Works for me. The kitchen turns into chaos if I attempt to cook.

He has a pretty laborous job so I don't expect him to do much when he comes home regarding house work. After I give him a little time to relax then he's more than willing to help with our daughter. I discovered it is much easier to clean our place than try to get him to do it because even if he does help he doesn't do it the way I like it and I end up redoing it again.

Alicia

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

BONEZZ - you ruined my lunch...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit