Have any "HALL CLEANING" funny stories??

by BONEZZ 19 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

This is a great thread! When I first clicked on it..who knew I would have tears streaming down my face.

OrangeFatCat, that was a truly beautiful post. Made me cry. There are things like that, that I think some of us have tucked away in our hearts..never shared them with anyone. Thanks for letting us peek in. It was touching.

Mike, your story, too, touched me. I knew some of those, not hypocritical, not harsh, just loving people who loved Jehovah and did it pureheartedly. I do miss those people. That post really touched me.

Makes me chuckle, the Kingdom Hall cleaning stories. What, the backs of the chairs werent supposed to be wiped down every week? *blushes innocently* Yep, I was one of those who tried to look busy...wiping armchairs and the backs of seats.

I have memories of standing on the platform, giving a talk. As a young girl, I knew I would never be able to address the congregation. I had always wanted to give a talk, not some recited drivel, but something sincere and moving for people. I would stand there, pretend to look at my notes and look at the empty seats. I would ask people to turn to John so and so, pretend to read a scripture and continue preaching to the attentive audience. Inside I knew I would never get to realize my dream there... make-believe was all it was ever going to be.

Edited by - terafera on 13 June 2002 1:4:34

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Thanks to all who made me feel good about my post. I really didn't think much of it after I posted it. I remembered something after mouthy made a comment on toilet cleaning. Before the assembly in 1976 at the Big O we had to do a major cleaning of the dome. Anyway the sisters were assigned to washing the seats in the stadium and brothers were given toilet duty. I really didn't want to wash the seats as I much preferred the washing of toilets with the brothers as there was some real cute brothers that came for cleaning. So I asked the brother in charge if I could clean bathrooms with the brothers instead of the seats in the stadium. He looked at me strange like and smiled and said sure if you want to go ahead. And then he chuckled. It was a great evening of cavorting with the brothers and I had a great time and yes we did clean those filthy washroom toilets and stalls.

Mouthy this is for you dear. Andre Aveline's wife was Merle. They were very good and close friends of mine I would spend some weekends with them at their place in Lachine.

PS. Loved your toilet storry...I can see that happening to you!!

Edited by - orangefatcat on 13 June 2002 10:22:56

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

GREAT THREAD!

Mouthy; I had to grin when I read your post! The first time I had to clean the Men's room at the KH, (I was a mother of five , thought I was pretty "with it"), but just stood and STARED at the urinals as I walked in, and didn't know WHAT the h*** they WERE!!

I had never BEEN in the "Men's" before, and it was so hard to picture the "BROTHERS" using these contraptions!!!!

Two other thoughts that come to mind right now......one was also a "pre-Memorial-thorough-cleaning-effort", when I had gone into the "cleaning supplies" storage room, and grabbed a bottle of "Brass Cleaner" to polish two handrails that flanked both sides of the two stairs that went across the front of the Hall, leading up to the stage and podium.

As I headed with bottle and soft rags, a brother caught up to me and asked what I was going to "do". I said I thought I'd polish the brass handrails; only to be informed that "only Brothers do that", due to the delicate balance of chemicals used in the "care & keeping" of those brass handrails, blah-blah-blah. I did th customary "bow & scrape" routine as expected, bu could NOT for the life of me, figure out how they figured I would screw up on the "label directions" to "apply-let dry-wipe with soft dry cloth" and bring HARM to the KH Brass! SHEESH!

I also recalled the time that our BS was cleaning on a Sunday morning after our meeting was over and before the other congregation that we shared the Hall with, began. A MS from F***** came in and began to place "RESERVED" signs on the seats in the last four rows. The sister I was with and I both wondered what THAT was all about, and asked him WHO they were reserved FOR! He said that they like to encourage the "Friends" to sit closer to the front, and put these signs up for "latecomers" so they don't disrupt the meeting by coming in late and trying to find seats! The other sister and I just looked at each other........

Hugs,

Annie

UADNA-NY Upstate Division

(What happened to my graphic & sig?)

Wondering if I'll EVER get the "hang" of this.......

Edited by - SUNSPOT on 14 June 2002 1:16:57

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Three things I remember about "cleanup parties":

Our Kingdom Hall had wall-to-wall cheap-ass carpeting on both floors. Our KH was also full of little kids...So, you know there were spills galore. My dad and some other brothers would steam clean the carpets.

Two, brothers tended to avoid toilet duty. I had an excuse: I'm asthmatic, so chemicals and I don't mixed, especially in the men's room which didn't have a window and poor ventilation.
    But one time, when I was around 9, I had to go really bad, and so after I went back out this older sister said to me, "Hey, I just cleaned that." She was one those really prissy types who thinks her shit doesn't stink. It always bothered her to do housework at home (My sister knew her daughter.). I thought it was great to piss her off.

Three: I posted this before in another thread, but I got in deep doo-doo for doing "the hustle" dance at a KH clean up party back in the late 70s. At home I used to do it to "Car Wash"...my mom thought it was cute. (I was 6,7, or 8?) So, this one teenaged brother brought a radio to the party and the station was playing "Car Wash" and I couldn't resist. An elder caught me, let me and my butt know it was wrong to do "disco" and then my parents let my butt know more about it after we got home after the elder chewed on them for a while.
    Oh well, I attracted a small audience....hmm, i guess I'm an exhibitionist!

the dustrabbit

• teejay
    teejay

Dust,

You got me crackin' up!

Glad you're here.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

well teejay,
    i guess i'm good for something....but i don't do windows

• Knotty_boy
    Knotty_boy

Well, it's good to hear all of these urinal stories, I always thought, that only females in my family, had no clue what they are!! At the time, I was 10, and my sister was 4.. My job was to refill the toilet paper dispenser. ( you know.. using a key, and inserting a roll of Charmin into the thing, so that it dispenses properly, was too sophisticated for an adult!!) Anyways, I was inside the partitions, doing this, and applying Tidybowl, to soak, while my sister was at the sink, supposedly refilling the soap pump.. At this time, we had just watched "Crocodile Dundee" a week or two prior.. In this movie they showed a Bidet.. (butt washer) and after explaing to my sis, what this did, she was a bit wiser.. Not so!! I heard all kinds of comotion, going on, on the other side of the divider, I step out, and find her w/ her little pink sweat pants, in the Bill Clinton position.. sitting in the wall mounted urinal!!!! Her feet dangled about 3 feet above the floor, she was freaking out, shouting "the water is freezing" ""get me out of this!!!!"" I was horrified!! I mean my god.. my sister is sitting in a pisser!!!! I almost wet myself, laughing.. And I should have helped her get out of it... However.. being the older brother that I am... rather go round up some spectators, to witness this hilarious mess, she got her self into!! She is now 20, and to this day, has not lived this down!!!!!!!

I always seemed to get in trouble, when it was our turn to clean the Hall.. I insisted that when all the fraidy old ladies, were out of sight, downstairs, or cleaning the second school, in the back of the bldg.. was a great opportunity, for me to entertain the youngsters w/ my ability to play "Chopstix" on the Hall's piano, up on the platform.. Well this one night, one of the sisters I thought was cool, and wouldnt tell my mom, ratted me out, upon my moms return! The bitch will pay!!!! and she did! Several years later I got my revenge on this slut!! I told her husband what she was doing to the meat cutter down at the local Piggly Wiggly!!! My real mothers (not a JW) friend... the wife of the meat cutter.. out of shear madness, mentioned the name of the woman her husband was cheating on her, with!!! Boy did I have some inside information!!!!.. Now this woman was so mad at being busted.. that she wouldn't even give the chairs back, owned by the KH.. that she had at her house for the bookstudy!!!! Enjoy your Pork Chops bitch!!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Nothing funny to report from my KH cleaning days, of which there were many. All i remember in anger, is the fatso wives just standing their scratching their big fat asses. In attempts to "look busy". Lazy ass sows. Grrrrrrrrr

• frogit
    frogit

I was a Book study Conductor but only a MS, so I was not allowed a key for the K/D Hall.

You know a control thing from the elders, our group arranged the best time for the cleaning, but because the elder did not allow me a lowly MS to have a key, and because I had set the time with my group, the elders would change all the arrangements. An elder with key would have to come down to K/H and open the doors.

This was so difficult, I would have then telephone all those in my group and re-arrange the cleaning time!

This just one of the moments I had with the elders, they were so up themselves with power, and control.

I will tell about the contribution box key another time!

frogit

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Frogit,

What a bunch of, yes I have to say it. Fucking Assholes. Those fuckheads should be made to vacuum the hall with a soda straw!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit