What's the Worst Gossip You Heard About Why You were DF'ed, Faded or Left and Never Came Back? They say "I am gay!"

by PhilsWager2 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lieu
    Lieu

I was told (by several) that I drink like Noah, smoke like a chimney, and screw some short Latino guy. Yet all admit that no one has ever seen these trespasses. (Probably why they still speak)

My reply: Why does my boy toy have to be short???!?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think I'll make something up to give to the jdubs.

I am a trampolining Satanist!

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    My husband believes that anyone leaving does so because they can't live up to it not because they have stopped believing! He knows of course that I don't believe it but he can't come to terms with that. My mum and sisters believe it is because of my husband who has never been a good witness, they think he stumbled me. I don't know what anyone else thinks and don't really care.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

disillusioned 2a minute agoMy husband believes that anyone leaving does so because they can't live up to it not because they have stopped believing! He knows of course that I don't believe it but he can't come to terms with that.

This is how they're programmed. That they think this way, proves the WBT$ has done a bang up job in thought reform or 'mind cleansing'(TM).
    I've been told the same thing about myself. They refuse to get that I no longer believe in their magic man in the sky.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I was never baptized so therefore never DF'ed. From what I read on here, I am so glad I never got baptized. The whole DF'ing process and subsequent shunning is tortuously abusive.

The reason my parents would give their JW cronies for me not becoming a JW was that I went to College.

I'm 100% cool with that. Of course, I had decided well before going to College that this group wasn't for me and that I had doubts about the claims being made about God. But I never voiced any of this to my parents. You learn quickly, as a child, what you can and cannot talk about with your JW parents.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I'm sure no one is talking about me. My fade was baby-butt smooth. Plus, I've always had the ✨power of invisibility✨ (And unlike Jesus, I can make myself visible too👌)

😶😊🌞😜🐸☑

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

disillusioned 2a minute agoMy husband believes that anyone leaving does so because they can't live up to it not because they have stopped believing! He knows of course that I don't believe it but he can't come to terms with that.

Most of the ones I know who stay with it do so not because they really believe it.....

they do so because they think they SHOULD believe it.

• jws
    jws

I have no idea what they said. I hardly ever saw any of them until my dad's funeral. I assume most of them thought I was probably just too worldly to follow their rules. I went to (gasp) rock concerts and lifted weights and drank beer. (See my post about my shunning talk).

My dad thought there was somebody at the hall who offended me. Probably typical JW mindset. Love the man, and he was way nicer than most, but I don't think he fathomed any problems with JW teachings that would make me leave. And since I wasn't DF'ed for wrongdoing, what else could it be? Ah! I had problems with the imperfect people, not the "perfect" religion.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Shit people

I have just read this thread. One reads about this sort of thing happening in loony land and in the way out sects but in 2015 in the JWs?

There ought to be laws against this.

And these people claim to be christian?

Brain washed - yes. christian - no.

It kinda reminds me of a friend of mine, Linda, from way back when. Let's put it this way, she had the most wonderful personality but she was no miss world. I loved spending time with her though. We'd just drink, listen to vinyl and just smoke stuff we shouldna. Hey ho, youth and sadly missed.

I went off to Uni, came back to the village that I was brought up in just long enough to pack a bag, say goodbye to Linda, and off I went in search of the bright lights.

Linda and I stayed in touch. I was over the moon when she wrote that she'd found 'someone'. In an odd kinda way, I was a little jealous too.

Then I got a phone call from her one night. She was in a terrible state. I drove most of the night at crazy speeds but got there in one piece. At least the roads were quiet.

When I saw Linda, I hardly recognised her. She was in a hell of a state.

She'd met this guy and fell in love. The only issue was that he was a very private person. Too private at times for Linda. She thought, at one time, that he was married or had another girlfriend because some nights she just couldn't get hold of him.

Then, one night, he said, 'why don't you come with me?'

They ended up driving to a local wood. To cut a long story short, he was a member of the local witch coven and Linda was on the menu that night. Yes, such things existed then and still do today.

She made a run for it and got in the car and left him.

That was when all the trouble started. They would call her on the phone in the middle of the night - and then hang up. They broke into her house when she was at work. They did't steal anything but they did move things around the house - even the furniture. This went on and on for months. Bit by bit, they broke her down. They took her milk from her doorstep that the milkman had left and then brought it back when it had gone sour. They nailed a chicken to her door one day. Then, her beloved tabby cat, Timmy, got the same treatment. That's when she called me.

I asked Linda to pack a suitcase and we drove back to my place. She stayed for a week or so. It was so sad. The old Linda had been driven away.

The following weekend, a few of us took Linda back and sorted the issue out. They didn't bother her again but she was never the same person.

A couple of years later, Linda was diagnosed with breast cancer. I often wondered just how much that episode in her life had contributed to it.

Five years later, the cancer returned and we lost a very special lady.

I think that if I were an ex-Jovie, I wouldn't care what they did to me because I'd start to circulate a few of my own rumours. In fact, I'd probably enjoy the incident and use it for some much-welcomed sport. However, I also recognise that not everyone is like me and, I guess, that's what Jovies count on. They exploit the emotional weakness in people. Now that is cruel. I can stoop pretty low and, at times in my life, have done. But, never that low. That's below the salt.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Not DF yet, but I guess there are two things they might say about me:

1. If I continue to talk about my findings about TTATT, they'll say I became an apostate

2. If I leave without saying too much, and since I am not married, they will say I found smb in the world - they are obsessed with marriage and see celibacy as some sort of sickness, anyway.

And I suppose there is 3 - both

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit