I am BAAAAACCCCK!

by Wendy 106 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Mommers, is that you?

ashi

• Wendy
    Wendy

Awww thanks allRiley is doing fine, he is such a cutie lol I will post some pics when I can find a place to host them. As for his trouble things are better now, and he tested negative for Hirschsprung's disease so we were very thankful for that. I want to take a more conservative approach now, and see if perhaps he will grow out of it, the Dr's agree so we are just keeping an eye on him.

This morning we went and picked up a new member of our family, a gorgeous little kitty, Squeaky. Miranda turned 8 and this was her one wish. I am still VERY nervous about it, cats and babies usually don't mix. I couldn't deny her this though, she bought all her supplies with her birthday money, and even included a few toys for him(yes him, I don't want a houseful of them)

Simon, don't bother carrying over my posts, but thanks for offering.

As for old business, fighting, etc, that is why I left to begin with. I turned my back on many good kind friends I have met here because of a handful of ones I did not care for. I refuse to get into debates with those ones, there is no sense in it. I am much happier to just forget all of it and call it a learning experience. I don't have much time now, staying extremely busy here haha. I hope to drop in every now and then and chat with you all though
    wendy

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

When in 1904 the British army marched into the "Forbidden City' in Tibet they found that most of its residents had fled to the protection of the surrounding mountains.

The few hundred Tibetans left in the city formed two lines between which the victorious army marched and began to clap loudly. Of course the Brits were heartened to see the reaction of these people welcoming their military efforts and continued with increased confidence.

It transpired later that clapping hands was the traditional Tibetan way of frightening away evil spirits.

It becomes so easy to misunderstand posters and their posts when we have no human contact with them apart from keyboard buttons and a trigger finger. I feel sure that the most bitter enemies on this Board would quickly become friends if they could sit down together with a bottle of wine and exchange their life experiences, hopes and fears.

Can we not just learn to give each other the benefit of the doubt when upsets occur and allow things that might disturb us to flow under the bridge and out of sight. Are we, or indeed our opinions on *anything* that important? In 600 months time, most of us will be dead and nobody will remember *anything* that we ever said.

As Spencer once noted, "Lovely concord and most sacred peace doth nourish virtue, and fast friendship breed'.

A very warm welcome back to you Wendy.

Best regards - HS

• wasasister
    wasasister

<sigh>...here we go again...

Wendy: hope you and yours are well. You've shown restraint in not reciprocating in kind to the unkindness. I hope you continue to do so.

There will always be people we disagree with strongly. Most mature adults have developed the ability to stay away from needlessly confrontational discussions. I think I owe my healthy heart, low blood pressure, and natural hair color to keeping the peace for the most part. (Teejay, I can still tweak your movie reviews, OK Hon?)

Wasasister <sigh, again>

• larc
    larc

Hillary,

I agree with you almost all of the time, but no, I will not let this go. When a woman, Tina, claims to be a mental health professional, when she is a CMA, certified medical assistant. When she uses diagnostic terms to hurt others along with real foul language, then I conclude that this woman is unethical. I have called her professional association in Chicago, and I will provide them with evidence of her unethical behavior, if she ever writes any more essays and dialogues that are simply wrong.

Hey Tina, and I know you are out there, you said I was stalking you on Kent's strategy board. You have no idea as what I can find out and do if I want to.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi Larc,

What can I say? I am not taking sides but certainly agree that some very unkind insinuations have been made about you. I also despise the way that younger persons on this board make disparaging remarks about your age and mental state. It is quite disgraceful.

Some of us Lark know you a little better than others, you are a big-hearted person and many of us do not question your credentials as we do not judge people by intellect and achievement anyway, but by the things that really matter, kindness, virtue and mercy.

In the interests of peace, be the bigger person and walk away from this one...It is going no-where but painful.

Kindest regards - HS

• Simon
    Simon

There have been many unpleasant things said and done and if anyone imagines they can just pick up from where they left off with no hard feeling or ill-will then I think they would be deluding themselves. It is a shame that the topic posted was more of a 'ta-da triumphal return announcement' rather than an attempt at bridge building and reconciliation.

I'm all for burying the hatchet and giving people a fresh start but it's a two way thing. I will be watching what people post very closely to make sure things don't start to flair up again and I'm sure people will be aware of this and take into consideration the hurt feelings of others.

Perhaps if everyone helps by not fanning the flames we might all get back to where we were?

Also, I agree with HS - no one has the right to question people's credentials or mental state and this is an unnecessary 'cheap-shot' - an attempt to slur someone's reputation and, as a personal attack, is liable to lead to deactivation.

BTW: I too have been branded 'mad' and I know how annoying it can be for someone who values their intelligence.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    Hey Tina, and I know you are out there, you said I was stalking you on Kent's strategy board. You have no idea as what I can find out and do if I want to.

hey Carl, this is *wendy's* welcome back thread!! if you want to be a badass and sling around empty threats then email tina, okies?!

• larc
    larc

hey bitter,

can't do that she told me not email, cant' write wendy, told not to by julie, so don't tell what to do with the fragile ladies, who declare victory in a debate when they leave.

are you as dumb as they are????

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

carl, why am i dumb? i'm not defending anyone here, i just think it's rude to hijack someone's welcome back thread with meaningless threats and harsh comments.. *i'm* not even that immature! enough with this dragging on old fights, i want to see NEW chaos and destruction !!
    now, it's a beautiful saturday afternoon, go outside and play!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit