I am BAAAAACCCCK!

by Wendy 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Wendy, wendy, wendy,

You say things in a PUBLIC forum, and expect those things will be accepted as truth, and then you are proved wrong, yet you won't apologise, and you don't want certain people to address you or the things you say, because YOU say so?????

LOLOLOLOLOLOL........... what planet are you on girl?

Get real.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

*sigh*

• peaceloveharmony
  • ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

*burp*

um, excuse me.

• Wendy
    Wendy

<---catches up to Dana and jumps in suitcase!

Shauna

wendy

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Is it too late to prevent another flame war here?

Hello Larc and everyone else,

I seldom post here anymore, mostly from the fact that my life is too busy and the fact that I actually have a life lol . This thread did interest me though for a few reasons. Some of you may remember that one of the reasons I originally went to Kent's site was to get a bit of peace from the numerous flame wars that were happening here back then.

Before long, I found myself personally embroiled in a short flame war involving Wendy, Tina, and Julie and for reasons similar to what Wendy mentioned earlier in this thread, I really had little incentive to engage in public debate over my personal affairs, especially when the parties involved had the opportunity to discuss things privately but for reasons of their own wanted to make public deflamatory remarks, stating their opinion that not only was I personally of questionable character but that I was engaged in criminal activity, trying to scam people, that I was a fraud, and on top of that a coward for not debating my private business public.

I came very close to taking both Wendy and Julie to court and suing for libel and slander. In deciding to do this however (after I had cooled down) I came to realize a few things that may be of value here in preventing another flame war.

1. No matter who you are, there is going to be someone who for one reason or another doesn't like you or doesn't get along with you...regardless of how nice a person you see yourself.

2. Regardless of any evidence to the contrary, a person still has the right to have any opinion they want about you. They can tell anyone that they personally think you are an asshole, child molester, criminal, fraud, or anything else you can think of as long as it is their opinion.

3. If they go beyond stating this and claim they have information or present false information (libel or slander) then you can bring the courts into play and even if you didn't win the lawsuit, you would still have won in the respect that they would be out a lot of money for attorney fee's, travel expenses, etc. in defending themselves in court. My attorney told me that I could have filed a lawsuit and it would easily have cost each person involved over $20,000 for legal fees etc. My own costs would have to be considered but then that wasn't the major concern.

4. What was more important to me in proceeding or not proceeding with a lawsuit was did they deserve this? Could there have been some misunderstanding involved or could a person have been easily influenced by another trusted friend? Do the people involved have a compulsion to follow their own line of reasoning, no matter what the facts say?

5. Is it worth even worrying about? Who's reputation got really smeared?

So, I appeal to Larc, Simon, Prisca and others here to just let this go. I personally don't feel Wendy is an evil person, in fact I think she is a good person who believes in defending her friends but at the same time she can make character and logical judgments that are not correct. After all, wasn't she a Witness before? lol...we were we not all Witnesses before?

Larc and Simon, obviously Wendy believes her views of you, incorrect as they may be, and a few days of insults back and forth between you and her won't change anything. Larc, If you want to change HER opinion, you are going to have to give up any shread of privacy you have here (not a good idea in my view) and publicly tell everyone where you went to school, where you worked, how long, names, phone numbers, etc. etc. She would be forced then to give you an apology but at the same time, that information would be public and someone else might use it against you for other reasons (everything from identity theft to someone just trying to make trouble for you.) Considering that one individual in the ex-JW community has been sending private emails about you claiming you are a evil and dangerous man (I'm not kidding, and no this wasn't Wendy) I personally wouldn't post the information as I think there is few if anyone here except perhaps Wendy, that believes you are not who you say you are. As I valued my privacy more than trying to prove something to Wendy, Tina, and Julie I just dropped the issue then and have no desire to debate things myself with Wendy.

Finally, I think all of us get caught up from time to time in this virtual world and take things way too seriously. Just as Farkel said, things would be likely be quite different if we were to meet in person but at least online, the test of time shows who you are. IMHO guys, getting involved with a flame war with Wendy, especially when she said she doesn't want to debate things, is a step in the wrong direction and won't do anything for you personally but make you look bad. Regardless, Wendy should be allowed to post here, just as anyone else who is on the road to recovery from the mind fuck we got from the Borg. It would be a great day when we can stop fighting among ourselves and work together to fight against the monster that made us this way.

Kind Regards to all of you,

Skipper

Edited by - mindchild on 11 June 2002 13:45:9

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Lisa,

I'm assuming your singing about this thread? Why? No flamewars, no cursing, and some good points made by a lot of posters.

I've had a cut & paste done to me and I didn't even think about having another person put up the whole conversation. I've been terribly edgy about e-mailing anyone since Wendy & others said they don't see anything wrong with cut & pasting another's private emails for their own benefit. What Simon said made sense. New Light, eh? (at least to me.)

And I'm glad Skipper posted, aren't you? The man's usually shows great clarity when he posts. I wish he'd posted sooner.

You've been on threads much longer than this - why stop a discussion? It's not even a bonifide arguement.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit