Talking to the dead

by Kep 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

The time the books flew off the shelf, I was in the kitchen, cooking dinner. Not even a little bit sleepy.

• Mackin
    Mackin

I don't know the answer here either, but I do have a question:

Why is it that so often the "spirits" seem to contact someone they never knew when they were alive? For example, why would Kep's dad contact his friends sister, whom he had never met, and not contact his friend directly, or Kep for that matter?

This seems to happen in a lot of "spirit contact" situations I have heard of.

I remember one case, a woman in a cong. I was in had a relative she absolutely hated, they never spoke to each other. Yet when she died she evidently contacted this hated relative to ask how her daughters were getting along. Why didn't she just contact her daughter directly, or another relative? Why the one she hated so much while she was alive?

Just wondering.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Mackin:

I remember one case, a woman in a cong. I was in had a relative she absolutely hated, they never spoke to each other. Yet when she died she evidently contacted this hated relative to ask how her daughters were getting along. Why didn't she just contact her daughter directly, or another relative? Why the one she hated so much while she was alive?

Was that a JW congregation? Didn't that freak her out considering JW's believe those that die just "sleep" and do not have spirits?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit