Talking to the dead

by Kep 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Kep

Thanks for sharing your story with us...I think the old JW way of thinking regarding death and spirits can cloud our views on experiences such as yours. I don't know what to make of it...have you thought about contacting your friend's sister to ask her if there was a message for you? I guess if there is no message...that could be a good thing...as it may mean no bad fortune is coming your way.

ChiChi...that was a moving experience...thanks for sharing that with us...I haven't had any experiences like these...but I enjoy reading everyone elses...and I got those same chills ChiChi.

Beck

• Kep
    Kep

Beck,
    At the moment I don't think Dad has a message for me. I keep him alive in my mind and heart all the time.
    I think if he were to contact me he would know how to do it as over the past months I have had people comment to me that they sense he is with me.
    There was nothing left unsaid between Dad and I, he knew how much I loved and cared for him and likewise.
    Being with him during his final hours, and singing him to sleep has shown how we felt about each other.
    I miss him dearly and at times have a few tears well up, but I know he is in a much better place.
    Kep

• i8emallup
    i8emallup

Here's what really happened. Gremlins were eavesdropping on your telephone call. When they heard your friend spouting wacky nonsense, they told their friends in omaha to mess up the brakes on your friend's 4x4... you can figure the rest out for yourself.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Interesting Kep. I am trying to be opened minded myself on this.
    I was raised JW, taught dead are dead, ghost are demons. Now I have
    no idea what to beleive. My mom 99%in my mind did commit suicide.
    But there are questions about her death no one knows, just physical evidence. Even the police admitted some things didnt add up, her hub of only 4 months story for one. But she did drown. But the question that will never be answered for me, is for sure did she do it on her own , or did someone eles have something to do with it. I even wondered if her hub at the time at least saw her do it ????
    I have prayed for Jehovah to tell me what happened or give me peace on it... that was 16 yrs ago... I have never felt like he gave me any answers. I still try to watch for signs,,,, so far the only thing I can almost wonder about is in my dreams. Many of my dreams are conversations and comfort from her,,, but not really any answers
    to how she died. I wonder if she is trying to tell me something,,,but because of my lack of faith in God and any beleif
    that is why I dont see it. Just a thought. I would love to think shewas in heaven , happy but I still have trouble beleiving that is where we go when we die. When she died I very much beleived the JW way and was very active. Three days after she died, i dreamed she came to me,, I could smell her perfume and final net hairspray. She told me she would stay with me for a couple of days until I could handle what had happened. And she just held me and didnt say much after that. I woke up so , so sad,, I wanted her back. But in the dream she said she couldnt stay very long. This was totally against all I was raised to beleive and thought it was demons playing with my mind. I have never felt her presence like I did at that time. I wonder if she did come to hold my hand afterall. God , I wish she would let me know!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I should open my eyes....

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

For what it is worth to you in your stage of life right now here's what the Bible says about speaking or consulting the dead:

Dueteronomy 18:10-12-- ..Do not let anyone be found among you who...consults the dead...these things are detestable to Yahweh.

Isa.8:19-20-- When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritist...Should not a people inquire of God?...Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? If they do not speak according to this word they have no light of dawn.

I know God is real and he has revealed himself in the Bible. I trust his instruction on this from both experience and knowlege. From what the Bible teaches regarding where people go after death I can say confidently that they would not be roaming around with messages or able to comunicate with us. The Godly are with God and if God has anything to say he will say it for himself, not through dead loved ones. Those that reject God will be in sheol/hell and No where does it say they are allowed to leave it or comminicate with the living.
    Also if you remember that famous jw reference in ecclesiastes about the dead being concious of nothing-- they are part right.
    The full context of that verse says that the dead are concious of nothing going on under the sun.

I do not doubt that people have spiritual experiences but if what the 'spirit' says or does is not in accordance with scripture then it is not of the same source- not of God. And, well, what does that leave? I have had spiritual experiences myself but know which are of God and which are not. I do not consult the dead because God forbids it and I have never even wanted to. God answers my prayers and guides me. I have lost loved ones before too and I am very sorry for your loss. If you need anything let me know I hope you find this informative/helpful and if you want to talk further ya know where to find me Just email I mean.
    God bless you, Angie <><

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

I can't speak for everyone here but I personally do not believe the Bible is inspired by God.
    It is full of contradictions even in the case of spiritism and the condition of the dead.

When reading the Bible you will find that it does indeed condem spiritism and divination.But it is chock full of examples of the dead coming back and visions of the dead,prophetic dreams,visions, fortune tellers,casting lots ect, healing.....All things condemed as spiritism today.I'm talking so called rightious men having a part in these things.

Some justify this saying that these men had gifts but those went away after Jesus death so any thing like that from that point on is from the Devil.

Well,Do you know how they chose a man to fill Judas position?
    They cast Lots.This was after Jesus death That is a form of divination.You can't have it both ways.

Anyway, I don't want to argue. It is pointless since the Bible is just a man made book to me.

ChiChi

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I've had it up to here *gesturing with hand on forehead* with the bible...

• Satanus
    Satanus

I saw my dead brother once or twice. One time, it may have been god, as that's what i was aiming for. It is quite a personal thing.

SS

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

This is actually funny to me that I ran across this thread tonight. I work nights and while sleeping yesterday had a dream about my grandmother on my dad's side. I'm not really one to put a lot of faith in these things, though I do believe in the existence of the afterlife.

Well basically my grandmother died in 1995 basically from old age. At the time I was in the Navy and hadn't seen her since 1993. I was unable to make the funeral and always carried guilt for that to this day. I was very close to her from the time I can remember until she died. Anyway, since she died I haven't gone back to Southern Illinois where she lived and visited my uncles or anything. I always mean to get down there but just haven't done it in all these years. Well the first thing in this dream was seeing her like she was alive and in the dream I hugged her and greeted her. The part though that is strange to me was the fact that I apologized to her because I haven't seen her in all these years (9). I can't remember much of anything she said to that, but it was understanding and comfort as if to tell me it's okay. Then in this same dream suddenly it was like I was sitting out in the yard of her old house with her, and I lit a cigarette. She told me how I know those are bad for me. And as I was getting ready to leave in the dream I left them laying on the ground.

The thing that got me was the parts of telling her I was sorry that I hadn't seen her in so long because I've always felt unsettled because of not making her funeral and not making it back to see her the last 2 years she was alive. This is something that has always bothered me greatly.

The other thing that got me was I have been fighting for a long while with quitting smoking. I have done very well and not smoked a whole bunch least not like I used too, but still do some. My father developed throat cancer last year from years of smoking but so far has managed to be cancer free for a year, but that's another story. Anyway, my grandmother would not in life anyway tell me how bad they are for me and all of that stuff. Then the fact that as I was leaving her house in the dream I left the cigarettes behind, as I have done many times by tossing them out and such in attempts to quit completely.

I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I sure do think somehow and someway she was trying to tell me something. Maybe some closure for the guilt I have always felt about not seeing her enough towards the end, and maybe that I needed to just knock off the smoking the rest of the way even though I have done well, just not completely quit.

Sorry for rambling on and on and on.. But that dream yesterday really got me spinning.. I've never experienced anything like that before. It was more then just a plain dream I think.

Any thoughts???

-Rick
    "Keeping an eye on the Watchtower deviants"

• Panda
    Panda

KEP,
    Are you sure that no one knew anything about the fiance? I mean it's a small world and people hear gossip from everywhere these days. I mean the world is getting smaller with travel, communication and everything.
    Some of my friends have seen or heard things. But I've only suffered from my own hallucinations and painful childhood.
    Dreamtime is an interesting concept. Have you heard much about that? I think you would find it interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit