Talking to the dead

by Kep 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Rick:

But that dream yesterday really got me spinning.. I've never experienced anything like that before. It was more then just a plain dream I think.
    I don't think dreams are all alike and just our 'brain' making up stories....for me, those tend to fade fast - sometimes I dream of something really weird, only to forget most of it an hour after I get up. Then there are dreams that I remember, but usually they're something to do with what's going on in my life...I remember them for a day or two then my brain "deletes" them. Thirdly, the few, most profound ones, I remember to this day, and for the most part are of a spiritual nature.

I think you are right about your experience, it was more than 'just' a dream.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I don't know.....I've had nothing like this happen to me. Not even remotely. I've had several bad experiences with that 'night terrors' thing, but that's when I was a dub. I saw images and heard this classic to the disorder. I haven't had anything happen for years.

I assume that us skeptics just want to see it for ourselves. I'm willing to believe, that is, if it happens to me.

p.s.-seeing what a scaredy cat I am, I don't prefer to EVER see anything weird.

ashi

• Xander
    Xander

Dunno what to say, Ashi. I've certainly never asked for or sought out any of the experiences I've had. And, as a JW at the time, they did terify me. Goose bumps and everything. The image of this giant, venemous, drooling (surely drooling, right?) invisible demon ready to torment us in our sleep because we brought a book in the house was...shall we say...a little unnerving?

And silly, now. 'Babes as to badness', indeed - the WTBTS wants to keep its members' reasoning in every matter infantile at best.

started to whinge a bit

British, ehh? How do you pronounce that word, anyway? I've only started seeing it in use a year or so now.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I think it's very telling that most of these experiences happen when the person is falling asleep or just waking up. This is a simple sleep disorder. can our amazing mystical experiences be explaiend this easily? Yes.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Neb:

I think it's very telling that most of these experiences happen when the person is falling asleep or just waking up. This is a simple sleep disorder. can our amazing mystical experiences be explaiend this easily? Yes.
    It's only "telling" if you've never experienced it, and they don't ALWAYS happen at or during sleep time. However, I do think when one is just about to fall asleep, or during or just about to wake up, I think a person is probably in a more condusive state to pickup that kind of "dream/visit" energy (whatever)....in other words, your more in tuned to receive something.
  • Naeblis
    Naeblis

No. It's a common and well documented sleep disorder. Not some portal to the underworld. *sigh*

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Oh yeah... PROVE IT

aren't you the one always talking about vampires and other mythical beings?

• Kep
    Kep

Thanks everyone for your input.
    Being in the thick of it so to speak, I wanted to throw this out there and see what other ex-borg drones think.
    Having another perspective helps.
    I am firm in what I think and feel, it's just getting over the sh*t still in my head from the borg.
    Thanks to those who shared their experience.
    Kep

• Xander
    Xander
    when the person is falling asleep or just waking up

(Just saw response) Sorry to disappoint, Naebs, but the only experiences I've had where when I was wide awake (IE., several hours before going to sleep). It was night both times, but I'm a night owl by nature, so that's no real big surprise.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Very interesting thread. Thank you to everyone who shared their personal experiences on this subject.

I am still making up my mind on this subject, but I do believe there is a spirit world out there, made up of good and bad spirits. I have had a few minor experiences which I don't want to share just now, but they do make me think that the people we loved who have died do try to keep in contact with us somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit