Talking to the dead

by Kep 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Kep
    Kep

As the borg hammered us into thinking that anyone who had contact with the dead were in fact speaking to the demons, however, now we know that a lot of their teachings are full of sh*t.
    I lost my Dad at the start of this year. A couple of months later I bump into a close friend who has known Dad for many years.
    This guy was stoked that he was getting married and mentioned how it was a shame Dad wasn't around for the wedding.
    Yesterday I called in to see him and he told me something that had happened to him.
    He was talking to his sister, who lives in another town, and she is active in some spiritual group. She said she had never met Jack, my Dad, but that she has been talking to him and that he had a message he wanted given to this friend, her brother.
    Dad wanted him to get out of this relationship fast.
    He never took it seriously and carried on as usual.
    Not long after that, this fiancee of his smashed up his 4x4, was on a restricted drivers licence and spent the money he gave her for his hire purchases.
    So, his truck is wrecked, he can't claim insurance to get it repaired, he still has to pay it off, a lot of his possessions have been repo-ed and that basically he is in sh*t street without a shovel.
    Do you think it was a message from my Dad ??
    I have had other unusual coincidences happen since his death, but after yesterday just thought I would ask what others think.
    Kep

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think it is absolutely possible. I had an experience about a month ago, while I was missing my late cousin, very much. I said out loud "Sharon, why don't you ever try to contact me?" About 5 minutes later some books and magazines landed on the floor in my living room, topped by a book given to me, by Sharon's husband, after her death last September. They were on a LOW shelf, but suddenly were on the floor. Now, how did that happen? I believe she was trying to communicate.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• willy_think
    willy_think

Kep,
    I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think it was your dad or a demon or anything but the imagination of someone who wants very badly to speak to the dead.

People looking for the lockness monster see it. People looking for spaceships find them. People hunting Bigfoot catch sight of it. the mind is a powerful thing it can give you what you think you need.

Mulan,

Now, how did that happen?
    gravity, the rest you read into it.

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • Quotes
    Quotes

I lost a close friend to CF almost one year ago.

She hasn't tried to contact me.

I've been listening. I've been waiting. I've been thinking about her (not in that way, she was my best friend's wife!). She was the nicest person in the world.

If she could send me a sign, she would. If she could send her husband a sign, she would.

Still waiting...

(A____, if you have internet access, wherever you are, respond to this! We all miss your wit, your laugh, your smile, baby, Yeah!)

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Mulan
    Mulan

Gravity? It was 2 inches off the floor. Not precariously positioned, and no wind. They just whammed onto the floor, so loudly, I had to come look.

Quotes: A friend of mine believes you have to ask them to talk to you. Just a thought........I had nothing until I asked.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Unlike JW's I believe "death" is but a doorway into another realm, we do not just "sleep" (one of the stupidest things I've ever heard...why would God do that..zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Years after the death of my father, my mother causually tells me about two experiences she had regarding him contacting her, once, a week after his passing and another time a few years later. My mom's very straight forward, not a nut and was born in Missouri (the Show Me state, where everything has to be proved). I asked her why she hadn't told us before and she just shrugged it off as "too special and personal" - she and my dad were very close.

I also know another lady, who has no religious beliefs, but had a similar experience after the passing of her husband. She was overcome with grief so bad that after the 'experience' she was able to pull herself together and go on.

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Kep,
    A few months ago I would have said "absolutly not".I quit believing in spirits and Satan and God for that matter. In my mind if I believed in one I would have to accept the others.
    I have since found out there are many all down through history that believed in spirits but not in Satan.Anyway this is a whole different subject,I just wanted to give some background.

I have had a couple of very moving experiences recently and I will share one with you now.
    I had a good JW friend,Now when I walked out of the organization she was very angry with me.It really hurt that I was judged as an Apostate and I could do nothing to change her mind.It was a painful loss.
    About a year later I find out she had died! I was shocked and upset about this.I couldn't get her out of my mind and I started thinking,"Well,If there is an afterlife she knows the truth now" I thought this off and on for days I just kept thinking about her and kept feeling like we had unfinished business.

I was talking to a friend on the phone who is involved in lots of spiritistic things and at the begaining of the conversation I mentioned that I had lost a friend in death recently. We quickly moved to other subjects and spoke for about an hour.

I told my friend that I had to get off the phone and get something to eat.We were in the middle of saying our goodbys and all the sudden she says "wait!She's here!" I said who is there and she said It's your friend and she wants me to tell you something.I was sceptical and and thought she was a nut.But she went on and described her looks to a tee.Then she delivered the message.
    The person who I was talking to had never seen her before and we had never discussed her either.

She starts out by saying that she feels she should not have to aplolgize to me because we both know what happened and neither of us was at fault.(I got chills from head to toe)She went ahead and apoligized anyway for being so angry at me and my husband and said she understands everything now.She said she backs us 100%.
    She went on to say that Watchtower's Walls would crumble but they would not completly dissapear.She said to keep fighting for what is right. She then said that we would be shocked if we really knew how much backing we had in the spirit world.She said that is all she had to say and that she was leaving.

My friend and I were both in shock, we told one another bye right then and there.I couldn't get those chills to go away!

I realized that I had not responded in any way so I went to my room and called for my dead friend ,I then delivered my message to her and my chills went away.
    I don't care what anyone says or thinks this was a very real experience.

ChiChi

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

ChiChi-

I totally believe you. Thanks for sharing. I know some people who have had experiences, but will not share because they are too personal or they fear being ridiculed.

By the way...everytime I see the picture of your "puppy" I just crack up...soooo cute.

• Kep
    Kep

Thanks for your thoughts.
    After years of borg mentality it has been difficult to open my mind to such a conflicting idea.
    Mulan, for something to happen our of the blue at the same time you called out to her is uncanny, as as it's personal to you, it means something. I feel the same with other things that have happened.
    willy, I dunno about that, this woman had never met Dad, nvere knew he was a friend of her brothers, yet she mentioned Dad's name, how does that work ??
    Quotes, I'm with Mulan on that one, I was told also that if I wanted to see Dad to ask and he will appear in my sleep.
    DoubleE, I can relate to how your Mom felt that what she was picking up from your Dad was special and personal. I mean, I don't actively talk about my Dad has been or visited, but when things happen, I just smile and feel deep down inside he is checking on me.
    Chichi, that is so touching.
    Thanks all of you.
    Kep

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Double Edge,

Your right but if I am ridiculed it is okay.I probably deserve it because I went through a spell of doing that to others.I am sorry now that I doubted them so strongly.
    I remember telling them that I had done everything possible bring out spirits and there was nothing.To me this was proof to me that they don't exist.

I also have to admit that I did not believe because of fear of the unknown.I no longer am.
    I believe there are good and bad spirits just like there good and bad humans.

I do not understand how this all works but I do feel it has something to do with being open and in the right frame of mind.

I have had a couple of other profound experiences but like you said they are very personal and not to be shared with everyone.
    The thing is, I don't care what others believe and I have no desire to try to prove anything to anyone.

ChiChi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit