Respect Your Elders!

by comforter 78 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

There is a time to be ossified and a time not to be ossified in one's thinking. When one stands for what is right, one should remain ossified in thinking.

Fraudbacker brings up the molestation issue again. That is his bread and butter nowadays. If that is what makes him happy . . .

But let's consider the papacy for a moment, mr fraud. Look at what the vatican has permitted for years when it comes to molestation. They moved men from parish to parish, a digusting practice, that did not have one thing to do with age. A young bishop or pope would have done the same thing. Yet, even thought I can castigate the pope and his posse without talking about the gas that comes out his bottom, you cannot do the same for the governing body. Why is that? Cause you are a disrespectful and malevolent ageist.

Later, mr fraud.

• avengers
    avengers

I respected my old man till he died, and I still respect my mother whom is in the eighties.

But I DO NOT respect those old farts up there in the ol' Watchtower tower.

Sorry. Aged farts. No disrespect. yeah right.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Respect has two faces (aspects). One is negative and the other is positive.

No it doesn't you twit. Respect has only ONE face: respect, and that's positive.

Disrespect has only one face: disrespect, and that's negative.

Even an idiot can see that. Too bad you can't.

Farkel

• AlanF
    AlanF

Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps Comforter is really You Know. Same twisting of arguments, same method of lying about the opponent's words, same ad hominems, same overall MO.

Whatever.

Simon, do your duty with this lying, disgusting troll that has reappeared.

AlanF

• comforter
    comforter

???No it doesn't you twit. Respect has only ONE face: respect, and that's positive.??

That is your assertion. I know better. If one refuses to do his neighbor any harm, refrains from speaking ill of him, and never wishes any evil to come upon him--he is negatively respecting his neighbor. It is like when you show love to someone by not doing anything harmful to them. One could call that type of love, negative love, in that the love shown involves a privation of that which is evil.

???Disrespect has only one face: disrespect, and that's negative.???

Disrepect can also be positive in that it involves actions fomented toward an other. It is only negative in its orientation toward an other. It may also be negative in that one witholds things from another out of disrepect for the other.

???Even an idiot can see that. Too bad you can't.???

Maybe that is because I am not an idiot.

• comforter
    comforter

???Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps Comforter is really You Know. Same twisting of arguments, same method of lying about the opponent's words, same ad hominems, same overall MO.???

I have already told Step that I do not post under any other names in this place. I told truth. Believe what you want.

???Whatever.

Simon, do your duty with this lying, disgusting troll that has reappeared.???

Who are you to make judgments about who is a troll? You just do not like to be comforted through discomfort. What I am now doing that breaks the forum's guidelines? You guys are pathetic.

• Farkel
    Farkel

No, comforter, you are DEFINITELY an idiot. Every time you try your excusogetics on your bullshit statements that are challenged, you confirm it.

: That is your assertion. I know better. If one refuses to do his neighbor any harm, refrains from speaking ill of him, and never wishes any evil to come upon him--he is negatively respecting his neighbor.

Person A to person B: "I respect you."

Person B to person A: "Is that negative or positive respect?"

Person A to person B: I take it all back. You are an idiot.

Farkel

• avengers
    avengers

I don't know what's more pathetic then to freely as a child give yourself to Jehovah and His Organisation only to be raped and molested.

You trust in Jehovah with all your heart and your reward is rape and molestation.

That's pathetic.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Comforter,

Yet, even thought I can castigate the pope and his posse without talking about the gas that comes out his bottom, you cannot do the same for the governing body.

Yes, I agree, it is far more important to 'castigate' them for the 'gas' that comes out of their visible mouths.

Now, come clean....who have you posted as before on this forum. You denied earlier that you had. If we ask Simon to check will we be needing to call you a liar?

HS

• comforter
    comforter

I see that comforter is gonna have to break it down for Fark.

???No, comforter, you are DEFINITELY an idiot. Every time you try your excusogetics on your bullshit statements that are challenged, you confirm it.???

Let us see who the idiot is in this place. The word "negative" has different meaning in different context.

I am using it in this place to mean "consisting of a negation." just as the catholic church defines evil as a negative or privation. So one can negatively respect somone in that there is a negation of harmful actions or speech towards the other.

???: That is your assertion. I know better. If one refuses to do his neighbor any harm, refrains from speaking ill of him, and never wishes any evil to come upon him--he is negatively respecting his neighbor.

Person A to person B: "I respect you."

Person B to person A: "Is that negative or positive respect?"

Person A to person B: I take it all back. You are an idiot.???

I hope you now understand why you wrong.

Your criticism does not apply to the majority of Witnesses. Maybe I should do like Bill Bowen and say that over 90 % of Witnesses are not child molesters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit