Another day in Israel

by Yerusalyim 30 Replies latest jw friends

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Ahhhh poo. Why don't they just bomb England? After all, this is all their fault. They decided to give Palestine to the Jewish people because they didn't want anymore in their country. And, with America in bed with them, they take on the American foreign policy of take what you want when you want it and kill who's in the way. Yes, Israel should withdraw to pre-1967 borders and immediately dismantel the settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Will this really help? Who cares! Quit sending Israel 20 million a year and fu**ing give us healthcare!

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

dear Noam

Quit sending Israel 20 million a year and fu**ing give us healthcare!
    As far as I know, Noam isN'T against US funding of Israel. He Believes the US should still fund them.

Do agree with you that Israel should withdraw to 1967 lines...and get rid of settlements in return for Palestinian aknowledgement of Israel and peace. The palestinians are going to have to give up 'the right of return' too. They have a good argument for the right of return to Israel proper, but it just aint going to happen, lets be honest.

big compromise on both sides needed. I predict the cycle of violence will continue. Lucky I live in Australia...

• fodeja
    fodeja

So, Yeru, what's your point? Do you believe that Israel's current strategy of military retaliation - which you apparently support - works? Do you see a decrease of terrorist attacks, or any hope for it?

Note that I'm not asking whether it's morally acceptable or not, or who's really responsible for the current mess. I'm just wondering why doing something that has not had ANY success for months or years should suddenly help the situation? Israel's only *real* successes against Palestinian terrorist leaders have been accomplished by cooperating with Palestinian authorities (as dubious as some of them may be), not by destroying them. Yet, that's what Israel is doing, and what the US is supporting.

"More of the same" is rarely a useful strategy.

f.

• YERU2
    YERU2

I think Sharon is kicking himself for NOT snatching Arafat and tossing him into exile right now. Fod, apparently appeasement didn't work either. Before September of 2000 the Israelis were playing nice. Arafat was getting EXACTLY what he wanted and choose Terror and "Intifada" as his weapon to acheive his goals IN SPITE OF the Israelis playing nice. I was there when it happened. UNPROVOKED violence on the part of the Palistinians launched the new violence (and REALLY screwed up my visit to the middle east). Cooperation with the PA? They're the ones funding some of the Terrorist groups.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I don't understand how that bombing was terrorist? 11 of the dead were soldiers, it was targeted at the israeli military. There werre some civillian casualties. How is this terrorism, yet the US lobbing a bomb that kills 20 taliban and 2 innocent arabs not?

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

When they target soldiers I don't have a problem with their guerilla tactics. When they target a disco full of teenagers, no Israeli atrocities in the world will put me on the Palestinians side. If only they weren't too stupid to understand what that meant.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I agree with Naeb. If they kill soldiers, fair game.

Why kill civilians?

If someone blew up my ass while I was dancing in a club, I'd hope for a little retribution.

ashi

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

They targeted civilians, they just happened to get a bus that was full of soldiers returning from a weekend THANG. It was the FOURTH attack the CIVILIAN Driver had been through.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    thats too easy tally - The Australian aborgines.

GWEEDO,

I'm not knocking the Aborigines. Great people. Natural, kind, gentle.
    And a WONDERFUL ORAL Tradition... and they got a raw deal.

but would that hold up in court of law?
    And that's what I had in mind- like HOW would you Prove - TODAY -
    a claim on a piece of real estate?

With a WRITTEN LAND DEED, a Written Record of the Titled Land,
    by a highly structured, civilized people with a complex language...
    or by a native people with little more than an oral tradition
    and maybe a few cave drawings, which were probably inspired
    by powerful hallucinogens?

LOve, Tallyman

...a WRITTEN RECORD, a WRITTEN LAND DEED [...] just to VIEW the Bible as a WRITTEN TITLE DEED to the Land that the
    Jews have been "occupying" for over 3000 years - closer to 4000-
    if you just look at the Bible in THAT way...
    - just the Longevity of that WRITTEN DEED =
    just looking at things THAT Way...
    it
    damn
    sure
    gives
    the
    Jews
    a MUCH MORE Legitimate Right to their National Homeland
    that ANY OTHER FREEKIN' NATION on EARTH!

I challenge anyone to come up with another nation that can lay
    a MORE legitimate claim to a piece of real estate than the Jews do
    with their Land of Israel.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Isaiah60:10"Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you.
    Though in anger I struck you,
    in favor I will show you compassion.
    11 Your gates will always stand open,
    they will never be shut, day or night,
    so that men may bring you the wealth of the nations-
    their kings led in triumphal procession.
    12 For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish;
    it will be utterly ruined.
    Zechariah 14 16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord [1] will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

Any country that doesn't pay them taxes will starve to nothing. I suppose you look forward to the day when jews from jerusalem rule the whole world, eh?

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 10 June 2002 2:5:33

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit