Another day in Israel

by Yerusalyim 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Another day in Israel, another Terrorist bombing kills 16 innocent civilians on their way to work. Another day where the critics of Israel are silent in the face of the violence and hatred of the Arabs. Another day when Amnesty International and all the other left wingers ignore the fact that innocent Israelis are dying. They must deserve it huh?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'm really stunned Yerusalyim - about the whole thing!!

When the US suffered the 9/11 attacks, noone really questiond us retaliating to protect ourselves.

Why does the US now not respond to support Israel? They're under attack!! It's beyond me. It makes me sad - such loss.

• JanH
    JanH

....not to mention all those innocent Germans and Japanese bombed to bits by allied planes during WWII.

Don't get me wrong, i think targetting civilians deliberately is wrong. As far as the Palestinians go, if they target Israeli military, police or political leadership, well, they are fair game. They are occupants, and people have the right to fight them. Americans (and Brits) have never experienced occupation. If they had, perhaps they would understand.

If the Israelis insist the occupied territories are theirs, they should give everybody who lives there citizenship and the right to vote. Otherwise, they should get the fuck back to the 1948 borders, and we can take the conflict from there.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

JanH,

It should be remembered, the whole reason the Israelis took the land that they did in 1967 was because the Arabs kept launching attacks against the Israelis INSIDE the 1948 borders.

YERUSALYIM

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Exactly. So now we have to insist that Norway give back all teh land that it won in wars. Hey.. wait a minute... :)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Too funny Naeb. Or it would be if people weren't dying.

YERUSALYIM

• Dawn
    Dawn

point well taken JanH - I always appreciate your perspective on things.

• Panda
    Panda

janh,
    Never been occupied? You haven't "remember[ed]the Alamo" have you?
    Mexican forces occupied Texas. Also after the US Revolutionary war the Brits did come back and burned the US capitol while they occupied Washington DC.

The Muslims could not be Israeli citizens:
    In order to have the rights of citizenship in any country you wouldneed to show support for that country. Those who are not born US citizens must take an oath to protect and support our nation. If you don't want to take that oath you aren't a citizen, so you should not expect the benefits of that citizenship.

I remind you that the Muslim population doesnot recognise the existence of Israel as a nation so obviously you can't have citizenship in that which you don't recognize as a nation...kind of spooky if you think that's possible.

After WWII the US occupied Japan (you know the country the US brutally bombed in order to stop the atrocities the Japanese were perpetrating on POW's and the Chinese people). Read the new history book of WWII Phillipines POW camps "Ghost Soldiers" and also "the Nanjing Massacre" ... But under US occupation the average Japanese not only developed into a middleclass but also thrived.
    Puerto Rican citizens have many of the rights as American citizens, without paying the same taxes!
    The people on Guam ditto.

In a sense women have always been occupied territory (no pun intended)
    As US citizens we owned no property and couldn't vote. Because of the freedom to decent publicly (albeit unpopularly)Even women of abusive powerful husbands are able to become Senators with a voice. Hate her or love her, Senator Clinton is a force.

I like to think of that widow in the Bible who kept reminding the judge of her suffering injustices. She didn't teach her family to become human bombs to force the judge to give her justice.

2 weeks ago, within a 7 day period there were 4 murder bombers in Israel. OK so you tell us, what is the answer to world peace... Do you even think the concept of world peace is practicable?

• Panda
    Panda

Yerusalyim, Really good reminder
    the 1967 war and new borders were set because the Muslims were bombing the Israeli's over the initial 1948 borders... what did Santayana say about history?

• JanH
    JanH

Yeru,

It should be remembered, the whole reason the Israelis took the land that they did in 1967 was because the Arabs kept launching attacks against the Israelis INSIDE the 1948 borders.

There is at least some truth in that. But that does not give them the legal right to occupy the land. It's a simple matter of international law. The US insists that all countries abide by UN resolutions, except Israel. How do you think the Arab world reacts to the hypocrisy when the US talks about Iraq having to abide while ignoring that Israel publicly wipes their behinds with UN resolutions. There is one law for Israel, and another for every other country. This hypocrisy is visible to all, apparently except Americans.

I really don't give a damn anymore. Israel had lots of friends in Europe. No more. Sooner or later they will even exhaust the gullibility of Americans. Then they will stand without friends, against the whole Arab world. Israel only need to lose one war. It will not happen in the next ten years, but sooner or later... And good riddance to them.

There should be no room for an apartheid racist state in the world anymore. Jews, Arabs, whatever, should be able to live and thrive in any country. If the Israelis keep up what they do now, they'll bring on another holocaust, somewhere, somehow. And nobody will be there to help them.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit