Intelligent design my ass

by Doltologist 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How about box jellyfish?

They have 64 anuses and yet they crap out of their mouth!

They have 24 eyes, yet their vision is still blurry....

Pretty intelligent design...?

• Doltologist
    Doltologist
    stuckinarut212 minutes ago

How about box jellyfish?

They have 64 anuses and yet they crap out of their mouth!

Aren't you mixing up a Jovie with a box jellyfish?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The Universe shows order and disorder but not intelligence.

Why would an intelligent God create galaxies and then smash them together?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Good points poster, Ebola and all the other plagues. When you pin down a Christian they'll mention earth being changed after Adam sinned, yes God cursed man and the earth, such a loving God.
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Crazyguy

Such a loving god indeed because if I don't worship him, he'll cast me into hell and damnation forever. Hallelujah, praise de lard!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love the way god's love and wisdom is reflected in her creations

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

xxxxxxxxx God made this:

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Village Idiot: The Universe shows order and disorder but not intelligence.

Why would an intelligent God create galaxies and then smash them together?

Great question! An intelligent mind appreciates order, we ourselves use order in just about everything. But an intelligent mind also appreciates randomness. Disorder in the right place and circumstance can be extremely interesting. An unchanging universe would not be as exciting and interesting to the human mind as one which is both orderly and disorderly as the universe is.

The random luck of the draw in card playing adds to the intelligent mind's interest in the game. We can see this play out in the universe and in the natural world where both have an order and a seeming disorder to them, a randomness. It all adds to the mystery, the beauty, the enjoyment of life.

Also, we cannot dismiss the possibility that colliding galaxies serve a purpose unknowable at this time. Perhaps a seeding of sorts, who can know.

Frank

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Yep. there is quite a bit of assumptions being made here (in my opinion) and I don't side with any particular idea. I prefer to try to gap both. Off course, from limited knowledge and unlimited ignorance. We can seat here all day and argue over DNA, but none of us (or at least most of us) are bio engineers here, so lets face it. We don't know for sure.

Just because we hear in the news that a new gene responsible for cancer has been found, it doesn't mean God is at fault. I am not defending God here, I am just pointing out the obvious. Whatever origin you believe on, the truth is that we've been on earth for a very very long time. Whomever designed us, is far separated from the current state of affairs. The question would be, as an organism, are we getting better (naturally speaking) or are we deteriorating as a result of the environment we created around us. Science is beginning to realize that DNA is not absolute. That the sole presence of a gene is not deterministic and that such gene has be allowed to express its information in order for that cancer to begin. That's most likely why no DNA test will ever "assure you" of your chances of getting cancer, they only give a percentage.

One thing I argue with JWs when it comes to the subject of "intelligent design" is their stand on the matter. Unless I misunderstood, they believe that Jehovah is in control of the universe always making sure everything is in the right place. Evolution is no-no because God created us at his image. My question would be... who is more powerful and wise? Someone who creates a machine that needs constant watching and adjusting, or someone who creates a machine that can manage and control itself? Does God need to be constantly adjusting and watching the universe? or would it make more sense to think that an all knowing all powerful God, created a universe and then set laws into place so that the universe will work by itself? In a nutshell, they seem to think that an appearance of God being able to do so much at once is a show of power, when in reality is the other way around. This is a perfect example of mankind trying to adjust their environment to fit their belief. No science is free of this problem. We all know that and many fence-seating JWs have come here to point that out. Difference is that science is no dogma.

Like someone else pointed, the universe if full of "Faults", but as a race we have learned that those faults have given way to the universe as we know it today. The human body is no exception. Wether those faults are causing us to live less, or they show that God does not exist, well you are free to conclude. What I think we can conclude for sure is that, wether God or evolution are the catalyst for the creation of man, the location of your butt-hole is not definite evidence of either one and neither is DNA.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

HMTM

Galaxies crashing into one another may be fine just as long as no life exists in any of them. If life does exist then that's just tough because god wants to see what happens when galaxies do collide. But, as you quite rightly point out, who can know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit