Intelligent design my ass

by Doltologist 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Splash
    Splash
    Testicles need to swing in the air to keep cool, otherwise the swimmers don't work so well.
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Splash

The way the swimmers evolved, you are correct. Testicles do indeed need to swing to keep the swimmers cool.

However, had they been 'designed' by god, then they could have been engineered not to require cooling and thus stored inside the body alleviating the need for testicles.

Yet another argument to suggest that Man was not designed by god and, if he was, then the sky wizard is a piss-poor designer.

• Stealth
    Stealth

sparrowdown: The location of the anus near the birth canal is more "intelligent" than they once thought.

Yes, when your gal gets to drunk to walk, you can carry her home like a six pack.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Hold Me-Thrill Me:

"Disorder in the right place and circumstance can be extremely interesting. An unchanging universe would not be as exciting and interesting to the human mind as one which is both orderly and disorderly as the universe is."

It's not merely disorder but destructive disorder that kills life.

Doltologist:

HMTM

"Galaxies crashing into one another may be fine just as long as no life exists in any of them. If life does exist then that's just tough because god wants to see what happens when galaxies do collide."

Wouldn't God know what would happen without making a mess? He's supposed to be all knowing.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Village Idiot:

Wouldn't God know what would happen without making a mess? He's supposed to be all knowing.

But does god know that he doesn't exist?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I rather not play football but tongue ball. I'll provide the balls. :)

Call it whatever you want evolution/creation has put things in the right place or is getting them there slowly. Man was not meant to poop seating down. He was meant to poop squatting, which effectively puts everything in the right place so it doesn't get dirty. It also aids the movement of you know what and has been shown to be more sanitary. Our environment today is what we made it to be. We changed it way faster than evolution/adaptation can keep up with. Bacteria and viruses in the other hand have no agenda, no politics, no economy, no human-rights no rush to get no where. That is where they get us in trouble. We can try killing them as much as we want to. There will always be more and better of them. Even if it takes them a million years.

If there is a God, he gave us freedom the develop our life any way we want it. Therefore he is not at fault. Men made God to look bad in their intention to dominate others. Wether these "men" believed in the God they preached is of little relevance. He was just a tool to control people then as much as it is now.

If there is no God, the above still applies.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Sorry... I forgot to include... ALIENS!!!
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

STA

I look forward to reading your posts, they have a certain je ne sais quoi. There again, I don't know.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    LMAO... I am not sure that I know what that means. English is my second language. But yet again that does not look like english
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

ok. I looked it up. LOL

My point is that there is no solid argument for neither theory. If we are going to seat and argue about the "intelligence" or lack thereof that you can see in nature and the universe, then you have to consider every option.

If there is no design... then you can tell, as you have pointed out, how many things are wrong with the universe.

If there is design and if such was carried out by a super powerful all knowing God, then why do we think we can attempt to explain it? Every argument we bring forth can be dismissed, because we can assume that someone so smart can always top whatever we think is better.

If we think it would have been better if our testicles were inside, someone says they need to be outside, but then why did God not come up with a reproductive aparatus that does not require cooling. Someone else may argue that not even that is intelligent enough. Why just not create a being that does not require a reproductive system and just give men the power to reproduce some other how that did not require testicles. Why give men a digestive system that requires to be cleansed and all that. Might as well have made a being made of energy that does not require eating or drinking or anything. Why would a God so smart bother in creating something that can be corrupted to begin with.

I think nature speaks for itself and I think that this division between creationism and evolutionism is at the root of the discord. Simply because for the creationist, nature with its complexity and man's inability to explain it all, is the only recourse they have. This is the only way they can cause a division.

As a race, we would be much more successful at trying to bridge the gap between creation and evolution than trying to prove/disprove either one individually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit