Dateline Aftermath

by silentlambs 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

A bad combination of a meeting night and a crucial hockey game kept most Witnesses and likely most of the public in the dark here unfortunately.

The reaction I noticed from those who already had doubts was one of disgust toward the organization, whereas those who still are loyal simply brushed it off in typical braindead fashion.

I also want to say that although we haven't had the most pleasant of exchanges, we are on the same side and your efforts have been appreciated and I wish you further success in your endeavors.

As for the future, I see the Society needing a handful of these men to man an "example of". I can see them taking a stronger stance against these crimes but also a stronger stance against dissent. I see the need for more people to come forward and file charges against their molesters and for more lawsuits to be filed and won against the WTS to give more weight to your arguments.

As for your judicial committee games, I think time is running out. Likely they will cast aside any concern over giving the appearance of a fair trial and just disfellowship you because of constant delays. They might claim your "witnesses" can submit a written testimony, but I don't believe they are too interested in letting these people testify. I realize all of these games are played over matters of principle, but in the end it doesn't make much sense to endlessly fight to be in their club that is about everything we stand against.

I look forward to a 'round two' for Dateline.

Thanks for your efforts.

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

That was in Canada Path.

Dateline won its slot with a 9.2 rating and a 16% share of all TVs in the USA. You can't ask for anything better.

With respect to Canada and the USA - there is more to come.

hawk

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

"It's certainly an admission of screwing up. What do you think, was it Jehovah's spirit that removed the elders, or Dateline???"

Oooh, that's gonna leave a mark... :-)

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Bill,

Thank you for all your hard work! Be sure to let us know when that next Judicial committee meeting is going to be held....we will be there!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

hmmm ..... The elders got kicked out in the Beliz case .....

Wait a second.

The elders were just following their marching orders from the legal and service departments.

Why should they get the boot by themselves? Should it not be the higher ups who covered the whole thing up as well? And of course Beliz is still a JW in good standing.

Unbelievable. This is another story that can keep the whole issue going forward. The press should do a follow up on this story.

hawk

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Bill, You have indeed helped so many in their battle against the WTBS for justice. I do strongly believe you and the silentlambs are now victorious. The evidence speaks volumes.
    I would have loved to been in that KH in Florida where that brother gave his student talk and then gave his brave statement of never setting foot back in the Kingdom Hall until the governing body changes their policy. Well between all of us we know that will never happen. The avalanche of letters from concerned people and other lambs are an indication that there is still much work to do in helping these dear lambs get there justice. I can visualize the legal department of the WTBS right now, they must be going crazy. As for the persons who have attacked you, don't despair Bill, they know that your message to the Jehovahs witnesses is strong and solid and they don't like having their feathers ruffled. Stand firm Bill and all you beautiful silentlambs, we love you all dearly.
    Orangefatcat.

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Hi Bill,

They're shaking in their boots. Kudos to you and all who helped with the exposure!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hawk,

The elders were just following their marching orders from the legal and service departments. Why should they get the boot by themselves? Should it not be the higher ups who covered the whole thing up as well? And of course Beliz is still a JW in good standing.

You have hit on an important issue, one which the WTS is well aware of.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the elders are once again being set up as 'soft targets' over this issue. I have spoken recently to a number of elders who are aware that this is going to be the WTS strategy in dealing with this problem within, and are taking steps to protect themselves.

A number of years ago an elder I knew was sued on the basis of 'mental cruelty' by a person whom he had taken part in disfellowshipping a few years previously. The WTS refused to get Legal involved, although they did bankroll the defense.

At least five years ago I tried to inform another elder of this situation, but he refused to believe that the WTS would take such a view. This same elder telephoned me secretly after the Dateline program. He was shaken at what he had seen, and was now willing to accept the reality, which is that the WTS has for some while been working an agenda that will make elders individually responsible to 'Caesar' for their actions.

I served as an elder for twenty-two years, I dealt with a number of child-abuse cases, including a beautiful young girl raped and impregnated by her own brother *or* father ( who had a position of responsibility in the Congregation )and then forced to have an abortion. She eventually killed herself in the early hours of a gray London morning, after telephoning me in an desperate and tearful telephone call to say ‘goodbye’. I failed to reach her in time. In my experience the elders *because* of the very nature of these cases have always striven to follow *exactly* instructions from above.

The "it is not us - it is the elders who have failed" mentality, will no doubt lead to a WT article, probably a study article that will stress the elders need to follow the WTS dictates to the letter at all times. This will plant the thought in the mind of the average JW that the WTS is still squeaky clean, but it does have some incompetent elders, and the article will also serve to act as a legal basis for exempting the WTS from liability in cases where elders err.

These people have cunning to burn. They have killed to defend their 'Organization', and they will kill again if they have to.

Best regards - HS

• sf
    sf

"These people have cunning to burn. They have killed to defend their 'Organization', and they will kill again if they have to."

Yes!

Along with all the good and positive you are Doing Bill, please, please, watch your back. Literally.

Stay Alert! to your surroundings. Not to be paranoid, just cautious and Aware!

Love and {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}sKally

Too many 'lambs'!

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I will verify if the statement regarding the deleting of
    the Elders in the M. Beliz case is true. I still have family in that
    cong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit