The Poor JW Children

by larc 65 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Andee,

Welcome to the board. The Witnesses believe thay you will die like everyone else does, and then you be nonexistent an is "asleep in death". If however, Armageddon comes before your natural death, then you will be smashed to bits, probably lots of fire, no ice.

• Andee
    Andee

Larc,

Thank you for your kind welcome and answering my question. I have no idea WHERE she got the ice thing from. To me, they both sounded SLOW and PAINFUL, and quite frankly I wanted no part of neither!

On the other hand, I wasn't so sure I wanted to live forever with a bunch of JWs either.[8>]

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I love the comparison of JWdom and hippo families... in a hippo hierarchy the pecking order is ironclad. The leader stands furthest upstream in the river, and the others range out behind him according to status. The weak and the littlest ones get to be furthest downstream.
    When hippos poop in the water, their flat tails spin and churn up the turds into small bits that fill the surrounding water, and it's all washed downstream behind them. So the least hippos eat the most shit.

The only way to quit eating shit is to grow up so big and mean and strong that you can replace someone further upstream. This means females and babies eat a lot more shit than big strong males who are permitted to fight for higher postitions.

This is analogous to JW life in every salient detail.

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

larc, thank you for this thread. I've read it in its entirety - difficult for me having so little time -(it's difficult to keep up with all of the new thread post topics, much less read what is inside them!!!) Mommy Dark's post cracked me up and then I started feeling very...... well........ FURIOUS....

I am remembering an event that happened last summer. I was always a kind of "weirdo" in the congregation. (Many reasons for this but the germane one here is that I ACTUALLY ALLOWED MY NON-JW EX-HUSBAND TO BE THE CUSTODIAL PARENT! Many had warned me of my kids' certain spiritual demise, their inevitable downhill spiral into the murky quicksand of the "world", and that I should spare no expense to fight for custody and keep them "safe" in the confines of the "organization".) I was as active as possible in meetings and FS etc. but had absolutely no status in the congregation. I didn't care, really; I SWEAR!!!!! [Nevertheless, I was "comforted" by other single sisters who assurred me that since I was attractive, I had a great chance to snare someday a good elder or MS husband!!!! Then I could "REALLY" serve Jehovah!!!!!!]

OK, what am I blathering about? Oh yeah. One day my kids were visiting and came to a school/service meeting with me. For some inexplicable reason, they behaved like totally perfect jw kids. They raised their hands repeatedly and answered the questions correctly. (They didn't have little suits on but they did wear shirts that weren't ripped up and we managed to scrape most of the bleck out of their hair.....)

After the meeting, my "spirituality" quotient shot up significantly. People who had never even spoken to me in the 1 1/2 years I'd been a member honored me with their hellos and compliments. It was WEIRD. I was moved up the river a few meters and it was kind of nice to have less shit to eat. It was exhilarating to feel more respect and/or recognition from these people who were supposed to be my "family".

My cynicism kicked in right away thank goodness. I got a good taste of how the borg mind-control works.... if your kids display conformity and compliance with all of the behavioral standards as promulgated by the society, you get moved up the river and get to be an important hippo. Most parents will feel that this particular end is to be attained by any means whatsoever... child abuse, denial, threats, outright lies, fear tactics, ABUSE....

What confounds me the most is this: the hippos at the head of the line are the ones who eat the MOST shit.... the ones from the really really huge dinosaurs at the very start of the water flow.

Have a great day, everybody......

lauralisa, who has eliminated shit entirely from her diet

The point is this... the better

• larc
    larc

Folks,

I brought this back up for new posters. The subjec of children is being discussed on another thread, and I thought this could add some ideas. Also, the problems with the SYSTEM mentioned on several threads fits with these ideas.

Please note that Lurkers posts were deleted. He seemed to have been benefiting from being here, but I think he had a mental break because he suddenly became very abusive.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey larc good thread I haven`t read this one before...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit