Bush Opens Mouth, But Only To Change Feet

by SYN 34 Replies latest social current

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Not really SYN..

Send an absentee ballot to Florida, they'll count it for ya...

Laughing and crying at the same time.. <sigh>...

Isn't THAT the truth.

Considering the mere coincidence that his BROTHER Jeb Bush is Governor of Florida, and out of ALL 50 states, that was where the disputed ballots occurred...

HMM. Makes one wonder.

Then consider that the Judges on the Supreme Court who found in favor of Bush in the trial:

Gore v Bush

over the disputed ballot scandal were appointed by his DADDY.

HMM. Still a coincidence? But theres more.

Then when you consider the Electoral College system was implemented over 200 YEARS AGO and is obsolete (like most Republican ideologies, but that is my opinion) and that over 1 MILLION MORE AMERICANS voted FOR Al Gore... and all along they preach "Your Vote Counts.."

Hogwash. Those 1,000,000+ voices who voted MORE for Al Gore didnt mean diddly squat.

Its who Bush knows, and who his Daddy was. So is the world of politics.

Not to mention the fact Dubya was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru says

we could help Israel more

Here are some costs of US aide to israel in 1997.

In the 1997 fiscal year, for example, Israel received $3 billion from the foreign aid budget, at least $525 million from other U.S. budgets, and $2 billion in federal loan guarantees. So the 1997 total of U.S. grants and loan guarantees to Israel was $5.5 billion. That's $15,068,493 per day, 365 days a year!
    If you add its foreign aid grants and loans, plus the approximate totals of grants to Israel from other parts of the U.S. federal budget, Israel has received since 1949 a grand total of $84.8 billion, excluding the $10 billion in U.S. government loan guarantees it has drawn to date.
    And if you calculate what the U.S. has had to pay in interest to borrow this money to give to Israel, the cost of Israel to U.S. taxpayers rises to $134.8 billion, not adjusted for inflation.
    Put another way, the nearly $14,630 every one of 5.8 million Israelis had received from the U.S. government by October 31, 1997, cost American taxpayers $23,241 per Israeli. That's $116,205 for every Israeli family of five.

Read more at http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/1297/9712043.html

SS

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

In the world of politics-

If the US spent more time giving financial aid to it's own underpriviledged citizens instead of playing peacekeeper and supercop for the rest of the world and to their governments, then we might actually have something to be joyful about.

• SYN
    SYN

Well, sometimes I'd love to visit America (and all the l33t Apostates), but other times I'm glad I don't live there! Although my country isn't much better! Hey, at least I get to live a few hundred kilometers away from Robert Mugabe as a consolation prize!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Reborn,

You said,

In the world of politics-
    If the US spent more time giving financial aid to it's own underpriviledged citizens instead of playing peacekeeper and supercop for the rest of the world and to their governments, then we might actually have something to be joyful about.
    You mean even though it's been proven that instead of giving the poor more money if we require them to work our poverty level drops?

St Satan,
    Not all aid is financial, Sharon should have had Bush's FULL backing in his attack on the terrorist structure put in place and/or allowed to thrive under Arafat. Why aren't you crying about Arafat using the millions in aid money he's recieving to fund terrorism?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Why aren't you crying about Arafat using the millions in aid money he's recieving to fund terrorism?

Here are some quotes from reporter israel shamir, in israel.

In the real world, Violence is not like the weather. Somebody does it, and we can usually identify the patch of clouds responsible for the rain. So it was, that when the 'Mitchell' process was invoked and the daily quota of killed slowly crawled down, the Jewish supremacists replayed the provocative visit of Sharon to the Haram a-Sharif by laying the cornerstone of the Third Temple.

Immediately after the cornerstone provocation, Israel followed up with a wave of assassinations in Nablus, Ramallah and elsewhere, trying to get Palestinians to respond in kind. It seems to be a pattern. Last September, after Sharon's visit to Haram a-Sharif, Israeli Border Police murdered seven worshippers in the Jerusalem mosque and ushered in the second Intifada. Sharon's assassins did not stop murders until a suicide bomber obliged by responding.

It is no coincidence. Israel wants the Palestinian uprising to go on. Israel wants not peace, but low intensity conflict. A war with Palestinians allows the Israeli leaders to keep their heterogeneous communities together, away from each other's throat. What is more important, the war allows the Jewish leaders over the world to continue their arduous task of reviving World Jewry, a medieval run-down construct. That is why it makes no sense to speak against 'Violence' and for 'Peace'. As long as the supremacist Jewish state exists, it will ensure violence and avoid peace.

The recent assassinations also had the intent of covering up the cornerstone provocation under a heap of corpses. The meaning of this obscure ceremony was further obscured by the mainstream media, and all references to it mysteriously vaporized. For instance, Reuters reported on August 3, 2001: 'Israeli police stormed the Temple Mount, revered by Muslims as al-Haram al-Sharif, after Palestinians threw stones at Jews worshipping at the Western Wall below'.

Why, all of a sudden, did Palestinians begin to stone Jews? The cornerstone story was omitted, and the average American or European was left with the impression that the 'wild' Muslims attacked peaceful worshipping Jews just out of spite. On this count, the unanimity of the English-language media was horrifying. The BBC, once more objective than American networks, closed the gap. They also reported of 'Israeli soldiers who entered the mosques responding to the Muslim stone throwers', moving a reference to the cornerstone to the end of the item. It now appears that the airing of the BBC documentary on Sharon was a singular act of courage that will not soon be repeated.
    ------------------

When a single Jewish terrorist shot a German diplomat in Paris in 1938, the Nazi government replied with the Kristallhacht, a massive pogrom that carried away one hundred lives. When a single pro-Iraqi terrorist shot an Israeli diplomat in London in 1982, Israeli government unleashed the invasion of Lebanon and killed forty thousand people. Maybe it was the thing to do in the days of Genghis Khan, but not any more.

This from cornerstone http://www.israelshamir.net/cornerstone.htm and
    doubt http://www.israelshamir.net/doubt_english.htm.

SS

• Panda
    Panda

SYN , Sorry to harass you for not voting. I thought you were a US citizen. Now knowing that you are living in what was one of the last bastions of hegemonic
    empires in Africa (and is still in teacher/ little brown savage mode)I realize you might like some America loving input.

You don't know much except opposition hype about Pres.George Bush.
    He is not trying to finish his fathers war. Who was it OH YES Pres Clinton who refused the offer of arresting OsamaBenLaden from the Sudanese..BECAUSE HE (BENLADEN)WAS TOO DANGEROUS!!!!! Hmmmm so is Pres Bush trying to bandage his predecessors gaping lack of bad judgements? Rather than following in his daddys footsteps, Pres Bush
    has not followed the stepping stones other Presidential sons would have. He is, as most boomers, a child of booms and busts. He seems more, to most Texans as "in his mothers image" than anything else. And BTW Americans adore Barbara Bush.

I don't recall the US as starting this whole ugly mess. We didn't bomb skyscrapers because we don't like someones religion.

Hey look, North Korea is not worried one bit about US as an aggressor. Why because our nation is working towards peace and economic growth for Asia as well as America. Sec of State Colin Powell has proved his propencity for peace. Since you are fond of "stealing from REuters" try news about this favorite American son. BTW any well educated black generals in South Africa? Good grief having lived in Asia I will tell you that even the supposed conflicts between China and the US political ideals does not make the Chinese people hate us.

WAR: As with patriarchal systems from time immemorial there will be good and evil. I have just finished reading the engineering report on the 9/11 WTC. If you don't find the murder of thousands of non-military personel in a "peacetime" situation as evil then I must ask you what is evil or wrong.
    How do you explain the mal-treatment of one group of individuals by a solely claiming upper-hegemonic group?
    Should the US support or continue to support Israel? Since my vote will help to decide this issue I say damn straight! My family and I won't forget the holocaust and the reason for the formation of Israel.
    No one in Israel is trying to force religion and its ugly customs down anyones throat. There are many Hasidim and non-Hasidim in Israel.As bad as any orthodoxy is,you must admit that Islam has even gotten the Inquisition beat for evil deeds. Islamic women have no rights, not even for their children. In Judaism, you are not Jewish by birth unless your mother is Jewish. At least we get a nod to this new century from Judaism..not so from Islam (okay or the US Christian Right). How do you feel about the population of so many lands wishing you were dead..you infidel. As exjws haven't we seen enough borgisationism?

Why does the US "feel" the need to police the world? Excuse me but exactly what are you talking about? Do you mean when a nation asks us for support to maintain stability or lives that we should say "nope, we aren't the police of the world"?
    Americans send aid everywhere on the globe. Because we are considered to have deep pockets we're asked to take care of most catstrophes whether human or geophysical. You are aware that it was an American (and an Atheist) Ted Turner who has given 1 billion dollars to the UN to support UN non-military actions. How many Islamic billionaires even help to house or feed other muslims, whom they consider to be their "brothers"? Americans like Pres Jimmy Carter are working to house every homeless family in America. He has helped start similar projects in other countries as well (gee, wasn't it US food aid which necessitated military support in Somalia because the Muslim extremests were against US food aid?) Go figure.

No nation has had as many good men for leaders as the US For a nation which everyone loves to hate we take a lot of negativism. Americans care deeply about the state of the world...even the state of South Africa (remember the boycotts of the 1970's?)

The US does not claim to have the answers to terrorism. Do you?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Panda

How do you explain the mal-treatment of one group of individuals by a solely claiming upper-hegemonic group?
    Should the US support or continue to support Israel? Since my vote will help to decide this issue I say damn straight! My family and I won't forget the holocaust and the reason for the formation of Israel.
    No one in Israel is trying to force religion and its ugly customs down anyones throat. There are many Hasidim and non-Hasidim in Israel.As bad as any orthodoxy is,you must admit that Islam has even gotten the Inquisition beat for evil deeds.
    First of all, i'm not defending evil done by islam fanatics. Now for the discussion. It's funny you would juxtapose sa (south africa) against israel. In apartheid, the govt never used helicopter gunships to massacre civilians and didn't bulldose refugee camps. Otherwise, there are many similarities between sa apartheid and the repression of palistinians since 1948. Here are short excerpts from a report from an israeli mag. It is about a tour of hebron with raymond louw, former editor of the Rand daily mail, the newspaper that was at the forefront of the struggle against apartheid.
    No other place in the occupied territories can better illustrate the brutal essence of the Israeli occupation and the local version of apartheid. In Hebron, a tiny minority of about 400 people cruelly controls a huge majority of 140,000 residents, about 30,000 of whom live under direct Israeli military rule; tens of thousands of Palestinians are subjected to curfews and closures due to a holiday or demonstration or any other whim of the Jewish minority; there are roads for Jews only; stores are burned down and market stalls are overturned; acts of violence occur almost daily; the security forces stationed there do not lift a finger when the violence is perpetrated by the ruling minority, but respond severely when the violence comes from the subjugated majority

How symbolic: Apartheid began in South Africa in 1948. It lasted for 42 years, with five million whites controlling 35 million blacks, "until we came to the conclusion that we couldn't go on this way. Luckily, we managed to reach a solution before we destroyed ourselves. We were on the verge of a civil war. It simply wasn't right. There's no way you can keep on preventing most of the residents from living their lives."

Raymond Louw's initial impression: "It's depressing. This is a city under military occupation without any rights for the occupied. There was never a situation like this with apartheid. The control in the black areas was not so forceful. I don't think you can compare the two situations. Under apartheid, there was a recognition that the blacks would continue to live in their areas. Here the impression is that the objective is to push the Palestinians out.

See the rest @ http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/7891/levy_hbrn_safrica.html
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

St Satan,

You keep quoting from these UNDOCUMENTED sources the "horrors" of the Israeli "occupation". Perhaps the reason the Arabs in Hebron are so "oppressed" is because of all the attacks they had directed towards the Jews who wanted to live in one of their ancestral towns.

"Cornerstone Provocation" why aren't you talking about the Palestinian efforts to dig up and dump in land fills all Jewish archeological finds on the temple mount. When did Sharon try to lay the cornerstone for the third temple? He visited the Temple Mount, which ALL JEWS should be allowed to do, but which they weren't when the Arabs controled Jerusalem's old city after the War of Independence.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Panda
    Panda

SS
    You're kidding, right?
    First the SA's didn't need to use helicopter gunships (which even the US military didn't have until the Vietnam war)because they already used truck loads of black hating soldiers to do drive by shootings on unarmed "colored" civilians.Who conveniently lived in shoddy shanty ghettos which were overcrowded ineven the socalled best situations. They were no more than underpaid uneducated slave labor for their white bosses.

Israeli's didn't just drop into Jerusalem brandishing bomb strapped chldren and saying MOVE or else. I know you will recall that it was the British who occupied Palestine and had been fighting with the locals. When the Brits left,everyone at the UN expected the Jews to lose against the arabs, because the arabs were bent on expelling those newly settled non-believers. Remember that they didn't want those shipments of holocaust survivors from post war Europe?

For the idea of peaceful resettlement of the newcomers was never actually settled because the arab nations surrounding Israel refused to acknowledge the existence of the Jews as a nation with any rights to Jerusalem. And they still don't recognise them.

Move over and let the refugees in? Not if they are a different religion. Israel was supposed to represent a haven for Jews but not only Jews. There are Christians in Jerusalem too. Why is it that there isn't a Christian / Jewish war over this land?

Refugee camps: Should they even have to exist? Until recently Jews and Muslims worked, ate and shopped in the same areas. They used to ride the same buses on the same roads. HHMMM why did this arrangement not work out? You know.
    Why didn't the Arab nations offer aid to the refugees? Their brothers right? But No food or sanitation or new settlement came... oh but terrorist training they could offer that couldn't they. Strap a bomb on your kids and send them off to heaven. It makes me sick to see what religious fanatics can convince their neophytes to do.

The Muslims initially fought the Jews because they were sure they would win after a very short war. Amazing what a few sickly concentration camp refugees would be capable of in order to find safe haven for their families.

The West Bank settlements: bad idea.
    When the offer was made to Arafat to reinstate pre 1967 borders he said no. 2 mos ago he said maybe. Now he says maybe not..who doesn't want peace?

Listen to Colin Powell. Here is a man of great integrity whom our Pres Bush gets regular counsel from on international affairs.
    Basically, you don't want such a nice guy who is not a Rhodes scholar to attain such an influential position in world politics.
    I'm not calling you a liberal snob (unless you wanna be one ;-)
    It is the likes and dislike s of Pres Bush which gave him support of American voters (those who knew how to mark a ballot). It is men like the whiny AlGore, who BTW had been groomed for the presidency from birth by his dishonest powerhungry daddy, and al's old buddy Pres Clinton the follower of polls to such an extent that his presidency rose and fell with poll tides, who supported wealthy muslims and lax security of visa'd foreign students and workers... you know the rest of the story.

Why are we discussing this? Because we have the freedom to condemn the politics of leaders in the free world if we want to. In Israel we can read opposition in the newspapers or hear it on the news. This doesn't happen in Muslim nations where I would not even be allowed to speak to you. Or to vote. Or to count my children as my own. Or to change my religion..Or to opt for no religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit