OMG! The world is worse than ever! This system can't last! Violence is increasing! Wait, what's that you say?

by sir82 39 Replies latest jw friends

• SingleCell
    SingleCell

No, that isn't true cofty.

Daniel 2, 7 and 8 coupled with Revelation 13 explicitly show that the post-Roman system would collapse and usher in a one world system.

Certainly, you can dismiss that and call it fairy tales, that is your choice.

But there is mountain of meta-data to support the claim that the Bible is more than 'failed ramblings' against the light of history.

What about the world is getting better? Easier lives for 1/7 of the population due to technology? Sure.

ALL of the core problems with mankind remain however. And given my last post about finite resources tied to the population ... well.

• Mum
    Mum

The difference between the violence of the past and the present is that the people of the past only knew what happened in their village, but the people of the present have 24-hour access to information about everything everywhere. In fact, I have read that the New York Times Sunday edition has more information than an individual of the 14th century took in in his/her lifetime.

Those who don't learn history, who don't read anything but WT publications, have no idea about the past or how good they have it now.

Grateful to be living now,

Mum

• cofty
    cofty

Daniel 2, 7 and 8 coupled with Revelation 13 explicitly show that the post-Roman system would collapse and usher in a one world system.

As I said you can cherry-pick snippets of nonsense from the bible and stitch them together thousands of years latter to try to make it sound profound.

Revelation is just one more piece of 1st century apocalyptic literature.

Read some actual history.

the post-Roman system

What is that exactly? The Romans left here 2000 years ago.

• SingleCell
    SingleCell

Sounds good cofty, dismiss it!

The Roman system permuted itself into the European nation-state system primarily through the auspices of the Catholic church.

Coupled with the establishment of Brittania [and it's eventual breakaway] by the Romans, the 'iron mixed with the clay' to produce the Magna-Carta and other systems that delivered the shell of Roman Republican system to our time.

This is the subject of Daniel 2, 7, 8 and Revelation 13. It's clear in the light of history... I'm not sure your description is accurate. These aren't ramblings.

The end of the Persian and Greek system is also described in adequate detail, verifying the content of Daniel. God authenticating his word.

• cofty
    cofty

This is the subject of Daniel 2, 7, 8 and Revelation 13. It's clear in the light of history...

I rejected that sort of dishonest venture 20 years ago.

• SingleCell
    SingleCell

Fair enough, I understand! I think you're wrong, you think I'm wrong ... c'est la vie mon frer.

History and the Bible run in parralel. There are evidences everywhere, the most striking is the rise of Christianity.

• cofty
    cofty

I don't think you do.

• Simon
    Simon

How about this 'temporal statistic' dumbass ...

How about this forum rule dumbass: don't call people names !

• DJS
    DJS

Dumbass,

Parting is such sweet sorrow. But you and I had a good run, didn’t we. I will remember the good times. Like when you made me feel intellectually superior. You were always there for me. Or when I needed emotional relief and no other word would quite do. You never failed me.

I tried chimp, but it was too cute and just didn't have the needed edge. Neanderthal failed me; the intelligence level of the posters is such that no one ‘got it’.

But dumbass, you never failed me. You were like my best friend. An old, warm, somewhat frayed but treasured sweater on a cold winter’s night.

LisaRose kindly tried to warn me. I listened to her for a while, but you were my siren’s song, and I was unshackled to the mast. You were there for the taking, always happy to see me, like a crazed, dopey golden retriever.

I will never forget how hard I worked to gain exclusive rights to you for this site. That is, except for AndDontCallMeShirley. He and I spent months working on a terms of use agreement that allowed him to use you. It cost me a first round draft pick and some serious cash, but Shirley did you proud.

But Simon has (finally) spoken.

Au revoir my friend.

• SingleCell
    SingleCell

I love spirited conversation, no offense taken. Call me whatever you would like :)

Obviously, as I've developed the argument (or is that the Pinker thread?), today is a great time to be alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit