0 to 100 Real Quick? How many meetings can I miss w/o being harassed?

by Yondaime 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Missed two in a row and got no grief. Should I keep the streak going and see what happens?

By the way, I made my college's basketball pratice squad, to help workout the team during scrimmages

Finished w/ a 3.65 gpa for ny first semester.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Quitting abruptly will get you attention that you do not necessarily want. A "fade" is more gradual. Get people used to not seeing you there more often than they are used to seeing you there.

• mikeypants
  • flipper
    flipper

Keep missing meetings, Go live your life. In time elders stop harassing you. Just depends on whether you are perceived as a threat to the congregation. They may ignore you totally. And that's a good thing

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Spot on flipper!

If you are a threat, you will be hounded...if not, you may be left alone

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's impossible for us to say how the people in your cong., or your parents, will react. Just play it by ear. If people start putting pressure on you, you might decide to ease off the pressure by attending a bit more. However, it's ultimately just prolonging the inevitable "breakup" in the relationship, so it's all a matter of how ready you are to cut the cord.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Elder bodies vary on this. But as Flipper already mentioned, go live your life. Why should you let a body of elders have a power over you? If there is a magic number of meetings you can miss in your congregation without getting grief from the elders, it's still not high enough. But I get the idea of the fade. You have to increase the number of missed meetings as time goes on. Just don't do a turtle crawl on this. Sooner or later, they will harass you. That's how you know the number, when you do get harassed.

When you hit that number, go past it and miss even more meetings until you miss them all. And you will find out that you don't "miss" them at all, and the harassing will eventually stop.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Just to add to the already wise words: being an elder is a job. An unpaid job. And the org gets what they pay for :) dont answer the phone and they wont call back often. Too much effort and too many other petty things to keep them busy.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just go for it, stop cold turkey.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

1. Just tell the Elders that you and your mate can't stop having oral sex. Watch the Elders faces (priceless). Not only will most of the Brothers hate you (because they want it/or are doing it themselves). You have so much guilt that you can't attend meetings anymore. You have tried so hard (no pun intended) but just can't give it up (no pun intended). You have prayed, attended more meetings and have incressed your time in field service but you just can't stop. Cry ALOT...it will help. You will never see them again.

2. Tell them you need financial help and you need help from the congregation. You will never see them again.

3. Tell them you are moving and need some help moving all of your stuff. You will never see them again.

SO EASY!!!!

If there is a hell...I'll be there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit