Emblem Takers Mentally Unstable?

by Cold Steel 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

In my old home congregation, brothers and sisters were "quietly" judgemental of a sister who had been " one of the remnant" from the 1930s who kept taking the emblems every year until she died in her late 80s in 1979.

The reason for their judgementalism? In her seventies, she stopped going out in field service and meeting attendance became sporadic. She was a lovely woman and, in retrospect, I think she just became worn out from decades of preaching and meeting attendance with no end in sight but her own death.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Does anyone know of a partaker who does so continuously but has doubts?

I believe there are a group of ex JWs that partake (on their own), and still believe they are of the anointed.

anointedjw.org

Is this the group you're referring to? I've followed it a little out of intellectual curiousity and for observational purposes only, but I am personally aware of several JWs who have become involved with this group. It includes former overseers at the congregation level and those who have had significant responsibilities in the past in Brooklyn (having been named by others on this forum as having influential roles there back in the 70s-80s).

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

w11 8/15 p. 22 Questions From Readers

"Memorial partakers. This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones."

So from the wtbts' point of view, They do not need to know how many of brothers of Christ, there are on the earth? There is no way to know the exact number of Christ's brothers? They do not need to maintain a global network of Christ's brothers?

WOW! Christ's brothers are less important that how many hours are spent in service, how many magazines are placed, how many rv's are mad, how many bible studies are conducted, how many publishers-pioneers-auxillary pioneers-special pioneers-CO's, congregations, etc. (you get the point).

Why are they less important?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Apognophos - "What, does she think that somehow their holy spirit and prayers flow through the GB like a kind of oil pipeline?"

No; a bit more mundane than that.

She is still of the opinion that whenever the "anointed" out amongst the R&F have a flash of insight, they correspond with the GB using ordinary real-world means, and said insights end up becoming WT doctrine/policy.

• James Brown
    James Brown

In my hall the ones who took the emblems were bat shxt crazy.

One even accidently shot himself in the chest with a gun.

And drove around in a car that had yhwh written all over it and

he had yhwh signs in front of his house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit