I am going to pioneer after the holidays!

by snakeface 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

stuckinarut2, that makes me think that someone should set up a cart with all the literature from the Rutherford era and start hawking it like a carnival barker: "Jehovah the Almighty God lives in the Pleiades! Yes, that's right, the constellation! His throne is up there! Come learn more! Did you know that the world will end during World War II? It's true! Read it right here!"

When the Witnesses object, just say loudly in front of everyone that you're trying to help out by offering some of the older literature that they don't carry anymore.

• snakeface
    snakeface

UPDATE!!!!

I have been having a blast! Pretty much every house I've been to so far, the people are happy that I got out of the cult. Because of this "pioneering" I have opportunities to speak at churches about this cult. One pastor urged me to write a book and his church will finance it. I never knew "pioneering" could be so much fun! ha ha ha

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

That's great Snakeface. If you keep this up you might qualify as a special pioneer someday.

• Miles
    Miles
    I see you are still under that horrible spell, it seems you need to get a life. Why waist your time doing what people hated us for in the first place. Go golfing, fishing, something. Don't be bitter, forget about it all.
  • snakeface
    snakeface

ha ha that's funny, Slave4_38y. Maybe eventually I'll be one of the 144,000. ha ha

What will happen now in my former "territory" is, as the JWs go door to door, householders will tell them they met one of their former members who explained to them many WT falsehoods, such as the fact that the "faithful and discreet slave" was only a parable, not a prophecy.

Miles, I do have a life. I do go golfing, fishing, karaoke, flying small planes, shooting firearms, volunteer work....all kinds of things. And now I will start writing a book. As for my door to door work, the fact that I was well received shows that I am not doing "what people hated us for". I am doing what they obviously are happy to hear. They hated JWs for coming to them with WT doctrines, telling them their religions are false, and for waking them up early on Saturday mornings. I have no need to tell others what they should do or should not do - because I have moved on and I focus on what I myself should do or not do.

I am not bitter. My 25 years as a JW were mostly happy years and following that way of life really was a protection for me. Through my late 20's, my 30's and 40's, I did not get involved in immorality, drugs, materialism, drunkenness/partying and the like. The JW life taught me to be considerate of others, to be honest, and to live a clean life. In my book I will mention that I am actually grateful for how those 25 years shaped me. In the big picture, it was good for me. The problem was the false doctrines, and I left when I realized the governing body set themselves up as a mediator between Christ and man, which of course is wrong.

• Perry
    Perry
    I left when I realized the governing body set themselves up as a mediator between Christ and man, which of course is wrong.

Bravo!!

• snakeface
    snakeface

Yes Perry, that was really why I left. Like the girl in the country song "she left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hanging out on the line," once I had this realization, I was gone!

Sort of like that scene in the Wizard of Oz when everyone is before the wizard, trembling before the great and powerful oz....their destiny is in his hands....until Toto pulls back the curtain and INSTANTLY everyone sees it has been a sham all along.

I had no real complaints about the elders or the circuit overseers or even the meetings. And I did not realize the teachings were wrong until years after I left. It was this one thing that woke me up. Jesus said "where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, I am there." So who are these men in Brooklyn who claim to be the ones through whom Jesus deals with the very ones He died for?

There are many Bible accounts of persons (including non-Jews) coming directly to Jesus to for healing. He dealt with them directly. He did not send any of them to the apostles. God dealt with many persons directly, not through an organization. Job, Abraham, Samuel, Moses, Noah, the apostle Paul...even Cain! Cain did not have to go to a judicial committee. Neither did Ananias and Sapphira. I could go on and on.

The truth is, most JWs are good, sincere people who are mislead. But they are mislead because they are spiritually lazy, content with blindly following rather than being like the Berean Jews who "examined the scriptures daily" to make sure these things are so. The first century Christians used ONLY the Bible (scrolls). They did not use other 'publications" to explain the scrolls.

• clarity
    clarity

Snakeface .......go with your heart.

After waking-up I had the feeling that I needed to apologize to a lot of people who had followed my "preaching" and got involved to one extent or another. So I can see how you are feeling.

Congratulations for going ahead with your plan & very good wishes are sent your way. Glad you are having fun with it.

clarity

• Giordano
    Giordano

From your comments you seem to be getting a good reaction from your old service neighborhood and invitations to speak at church's.......... so your private ministry is being well received.

You'll probably meet up with a few JW's one of these days.

On my street we have fairly regular visits from Mormon's and of course the JW's.

So one day they met face to face on the same sidewalk. The JW said "We don't step aside for apostates!"

The Mormon's stepped aside and said "We do!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit