Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT a Cult......so they say.

by Tenacious 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and approach. BoC and Marvin's approach are good ideas and can certainly get the conversation started.

At the moment I'm reading Hassan's Combatting Cult Mind Control. I've ordered a few more and am studying psychology topics directly dealing with indoctrination.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Russian official is unnamed by the quote. It's made-up nonsense. If it were for his protection to keep him anonymous, why name the city so his superior can figure it out. WTS adds nonessential distractors in the mix by mentioning ritualistic or secretive meetings.

• Spectre
    Spectre

So they say they aren't a cult, eh?

Interesting that one of the defining characteristics of a cult is they start defining words how they see fit.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Spectre - "...that one of the defining characteristics of a cult is they start defining words how they see fit."

For example, the word 'cult'.

x

Oh, that's good.

"One of the defining characteristics of a cult is that they redefine the word 'cult'."

• Raymond
    Raymond

Shunning family members makes JW a dangerous cult. This is mental torture. Young teens are baptised and when they later do not follow the JW way, they are shunned by their JW parents because of a promise made at age 14. This is a violation of basic human rights.

I believe it is best to think of the JWs as a gang of bullies. They have no power over you!

• label licker
    label licker

And when you find out they are a cult and stop going to the meetings, they are guilty of this http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cp-pc/crimhar-eng.htm(hope I pasted this right)

I sent this today to one of our exelders who keeps going to others bringing up our names. ( according to the RCMP website on stalking, just mentioning our names to others is called indirectly stalking)This time they are telling some that they are sorry what happened to us but it needs not to be anyone's concern. I told the person if they were sorry, then they should come and say that to our faces. They will never do that. But stalking they are pros at.

I googled: is stalking illegal in Canada and the RCMP web site came up. It explained the jw's dead on. So I emailed the RCMP website. Told them how we were stalked all summer by an elder on roller blades and caught him at the end of our lane a couple of times but he wouldn't come in and  then these goons who sat outside our property for almost four hours the one Sat morning until they got my husband and df'd him at the end of our lane. The RCMP emailed us back and told us that we need to seek a lawyer.

It made me wonder after reading the RCMP site if you tell someone to stop calling on you and they still persist, that would be stalking as well. Especially when you are writing everything down about them trying to trap them into another conversation for the next visit. A visit they don't want.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

When I was a dub I accepted the term cult because the bible says the early christianity was labelled as a cult. 

And in my mind I thought a cult was an unregistered religion or illegal. I knew in some countries they were truly illegal so I thought that was the cause of the cult status in people's mind.

And I accepted the fact the JW must be persecuted and ridiculed. The old persecution card...

But I wonder how could be my reaction if I  was told about the mechanisms of thought control in my uber dub days...

• Doltologist
    Doltologist
    Oh, CULT. Thought that you typed something else.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    The following unedited information was sourced from their February 15, 1994 Watchtower p. 5-7. I've highlighted some sentences that we all know are lies and a distortion of the reality of their community:

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses a Cult?

What would be the point of writing an article like that?..

It would be because so many people are identifying the WBT$ JWs as a Cult..

It`s becoming a Problem for the WBT$..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit