Why were no sea creatures destroyed in the flood?

by smiddy 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Those who wrote the flood story had a completely different mindset back then, same with the Garden of Eden and the snake. They didn't expect that future generations would take every aspect of their great story-telling absolutely literally.

I mean, there were always great stories of Gods and demi-gods that people understood were legends and not literal. Many stories were told/written before the scholars among goat herders wrote this story, and many stories have been written since then. AND PEOPLE WINK BUT KNOW THEY ARE NOT LITERAL.

So why we fell for the literalness of the Jewish books is another story, another debate. But the writers never expected people to try to figure out if the story was practical in real life.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It dosent make sense to flood the earth when you have billions of angels coild have easily handled matters.

It does in the context of the always-angry, hair-trigger tempered god, Jehovah.

Jehovah has always been interested solely in wreaking havoc over the widest swath possible... and not with whether it actually made sense or not.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I get so uncomfortable, so embarrassed when I am around people who believe the Bible's version of Noah and the flood and defend it as if they have video proof of the whole thing. It is so contrary to common sense and scientific evidence.

• pcop
    pcop

We have to exercise common sense with regards the flood of Noah's day:

1. We are not told the the entire earth was flooded. We are told that a "world" was. That world was the world (locale) in which Noah and other on the earth lived.
    2. Keep in mind that God had not confused mankinds languages so there were no people anywhere else on the earth other than the locale (world) in which Noah lived.
    3. Noah did not have the resources or time to travel great distances to gather all of the animals on the earth.
    4. What was flooded was the locale in which Noah and the rest of evil mankind lived in those days. That was the only "world" there was.
    5. Where did all of the water in the earth we see today come from? Genesis 1:2 provides the answer:

"Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God’s active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters."

It was ALREADY there. Before God made dry land appear, the entire "planet" was all water.

More than 90% of the world claiming to profess belief in God and Christ has been misled with regards the flood of Noah's day. Why is that? Because they have chosen to listen to men via their religious organizations rather than to God through Christ.

Religious organization is responsible for this gross misleading and deviation of the truth.

The really sad part is that no matter how one is reasoned with, they will defend the misleaders and their teachings rather than listen to God and the one He told us all to listen to. (Luke 9:35)

"Man does not live on bread alone, but on EVERY WORD that comes out of God's mouth." says Jesus.

Jesus did not say that we live by every word that is contained in a book that men themselves named and made holy and call "the word of God." Jesus did not say that we live by every word that comes out of religious organizations.

But on what comes out of God's mouth. That Jesus [the] Christ is God's Word, we live by every word that comes out of his mouth.

Problem is: Many have been duped to believe that a book and the religious organizations that promote this book (their image) is what Jesus is.

They are mistaken and have really resorted to following men and not Christ; while at the same time claiming that they follow Christ.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

We have to exercise common sense with regards the flood of Noah's day:

Are you talking to us? Or religious people? Because "common sense" holds no sway with the religious.

• We are not told the the entire earth was flooded. We are told that a "world" was. That world was the world (locale) in which Noah and other on the earth lived.
    • Keep in mind that God had not confused mankinds languages so there were no people anywhere else on the earth other than the locale (world) in which Noah lived.
    • Noah did not have the resources or time to travel great distances to gather all of the animals on the earth.
    • What was flooded was the locale in which Noah and the rest of evil mankind lived in those days. That was the only "world" there was.
    • Where did all of the water in the earth we see today come from?

And you know all of this how?

The really sad part is that no matter how one is reasoned with, they will defend the misleaders and their teachings rather than listen to God and the one He told us all to listen to.

The sad part is when people ignore the science and continue to defend a laundry list of impossibles and fanciful stories concocted by illiterate ancient goat herders. BTW- Why believe in god and Jesus, the persons mentioned in the same book that describes the Flood? Nullify one and you nullify the other.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It was ALREADY there. Before God made dry land appear, the entire "planet" was all water.

I would love to see the scientific support for that ludacris statement.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

If the entire earth was not flooded then why bring all the animals in the ark? Why bring the birds in? Couldnt they have just migrated to parts of the earth that were dry? Same with the animals.

According to NIV Gen 6:11 God saw that the "earth was corrupt and full of violence. verse 13: "I will surely destroy both them (people) and the earth."

So PCOP, who's lying you or the bible? Or is it a translation thing?

It seems that no matter how one is reasoned with they will come up with a laundry list of excuses on the absurdity of the bible, even to the point of making stuff up or developing their own personal theories.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Also the "we are not told the entire earth was flooded" is silly, Genesis says the waters covered the highest mountain, even in Noah's locale that would mean a mountain of several thousand feet above sea level, so what contained all this water in the locality for a year ?

If it were a local flood, not all people would be wiped out.

And , as I said above, what was the point ?

Also, no words come out of Jesus' mouth, if such a person existed, none of his words came down to us for sure, and he died 2000 years ago, never to speak again.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I wonder how big the bible would be if they removed all the silly stories (i.e. flood, red sea), miracles, violence, atrocities by God, atrocities commited by God's servants, idiotic finicky rules, prophecies and just left facts and good advice?

Someone should undertake this.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

pcop has sooo much to learn. Enjoy your stay pcop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit