so, what ARE society 'approved' jobs anyway?

by sowhatnow 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

obviously they feel a window washer job is a job anyone can do anywhere in he world . and makes great money, yea right.

so what are all those 'approved jobs?'

add to the list of ANY AND ALL building skills, cleaning type jobs

after all there needs to be a list, they cant have jws making thier own career choices and

then feeling guilty they have a better job than the next person

,lol.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Pioneering is the preferred career but bethelite is also acceptable.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

1) Window Washer

2) Carpenter (if that profession still exists)

3) Electrician

4) Any semi-skilled trade that requires little education

• bigmac
    bigmac

back in my day--late 60's---lots of bros in the UK were insurance agents. this mainly involved going to peoples homes regularly--weekly often--and collecting small amounts of premiums. also writing new business and paying out small claims and bonuses.

i did it for a few years--easy money--short hours. i made a good living working barely 20 hours a week. times have long since changed---that type of insurance--called " industrial life " has largely disappeared.

rather like industry in the UK.

• coalize
    coalize

Removal man, but dress in polo shirt, trousers with pants and loafer

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

i sense a lot of disdain for labor intensive jobs on this site, which I can understand because there are so many here that regret not getting a college education.

With that said a skilled carpenter, electrician, or any other skilled tradesman can make a good living and support a family. I wish I would have gone to college, but that was not an option for me, fortuantely I was able to find work in a unique field, unfortunately it is labor intensive. We really should not be knocking these trades jobs, we need to respect all people that work hard for a living.

• coalize
    coalize

i sense a lot of disdain for labor intensive jobs on this site

I don't think someone here have disdain for these jobs. But have a disdain for the WT-view on these jobs like the only one WT-approved..

• blondie
    blondie

Add farming; it is not a case of a personal garden in the backyard. It is knowing how to raise and treat animals, what crops to plant, when to harvest and sell, when to sell then based on the market, keeping books on computer for tax and investment purposes, taking care of equipment.

I worked for various government jobs in law enforcement, legal services, social security benefits, all trained on the job and sent to school at the employer's expense, doing purchasing for a department/business with 5,000 employees.

jws have been real estate agents, insurance salesmen, trucking broker, tile designer for a large company, bank executive, credit union manager,

• Divergent
    Divergent

The smart & enterprising ones start their own business & hire other JW's

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the enterprising ones quickly find out what bad employees jws make.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit