One of my main problems with the WT: A very irresponsible organization

by Hidden-Window 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Hidden-Window
    Hidden-Window

One of my main problems with the Watch Tower and, more specifically, with the Governing Body is the level of irresponsibility seen when lives of people are involved and their unapologetical attitude when people suffer due to their absurd policies.

How many people were imprisoned or killed for refusing to perform civil service in exchange for military service?

We do not know, but it does not matter, because the society does not even apologize for the harm their blinking light caused.

How many people died or contracted illnesses due to the prohibition of vaccines?

We might never know, but an apology is not on the menu.

How many people died for refusing (or disfellowshipped for accepting) fractions of blood when it was against the rules?

We have no idea, but who cares, since Witnesses do not deserve an apology.

And this list could go on and on...

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

A cult like this is high-control and must always keep up appearances like they know exactly what they are doing and never backtrack or apologize. That would show weakness. After all, they are speaking for God by means of his holy spirit. "Apologies? We don't need no stinking apologies!"

• Inkvoid
    Inkvoid

We made a video on much the same topic, prompted by WTS also calling themselves the 'Spiritual Mother' of JWs.

They take no responsibility at all. But the 'blood guilt' (to use their term) builds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3kriMOUaV0

• kaik
    kaik

Someone posted here on the board, that JW policy on blood and vaccination caused death of 250,000 JWs, more than any combined oppressions from Hitler, Stalin, and other dictators. JWs are the worst enemies for themselves, but what to expect from suicidal cult that wants its member sacrifice for their publishing house.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Keeping up an image of absolute power via god has been a very important aspect to this organization , in essence its a alluring part

of the self purposed marketing to the public of which the WTS. is trying to establish around itself.

Death and destruction be dammed.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Any idea how this 250,000 figure was derived? Would really like to know

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yeah, 250,000 is definitely bogus. There was a huge thread on this a while back and lots of people disagreed with that estimate. Just ask yourself how, with an organization that only now numbers 7 million members, a quarter million people could (a) be badly injured and need blood, and (b) die from not receiving it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

250,000 was guess work....however it may not be bogus.

The complexities date back to 1945 and the state of medicine ever since. Operations that can be preformed today without blood had to be preformed with blood transfusions back in the day from the 1940's through the 1980's......... blood often made the difference.

Today blood is still a necessary part of treatment for traumatic injuries, birthing issues, blood issues, cancer treatment and a whole slew of additional treatments and conditions that we either don't realize or understand.

Here's just one case in point my sister went into surgery for ovarian cancer. Under the knife the surgeons ran out of time removing the cancer because she at that point needed to be transfused or she would have died on the table. She passed away two years later after chemo and other treatments. No one in the congregation remembered that first operation and the possibility that the no blood belief may have contributed to her death. How many times does that happen?

Third world countries where the JW's are getting new members often are at much higher risk medically speaking.

I usually point out that Jonestown caused the murder/suicide of close to 1000 believers. I wouldn't doubt that JW believers easily lose that many every year starting back in 1945. whether it's 70,000 or 250,000 it is still a shocking number to be associated with a misinterpretation of a bible law.

The Society was the only group that could have provided the information but for obvious reasons

that was the last thing they wanted to know.

I would also add that they are not only reckless with the health of their followers but also with the education and ability to provide a comfortable life for one's family.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Giordano:

I gather you originally posted what kalk reposted:

Someone posted here on the board, that JW policy on blood and vaccination caused death of 250,000 JWs, more than any combined oppressions from Hitler, Stalin, and other dictators. JWs are the worst enemies for themselves, but what to expect from suicidal cult that wants its member sacrifice for their publishing house.

I don't understand the portion highlighted. In reference to JWs, does this mean percentage-wise, based on number of deaths against membership? Those dictators murdered millions of people.

Thanks.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit