Funeral for an atheist

by Stealth 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You know, Viviane, I like your style.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Thanks! Once I'm dead, my body is no more me than an empty house is the lives it contained. I'd rather anyone who chooses to remember me do it with a party and tell silly stories than mourn.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I will donate my corpse to science. I had a cousin who was an oncologist who convinced me of this.

Then I hope my family and friends have a party with my favorite food and they laugh and tell lots of stories.

• Mum
    Mum

Donate my body to science. Give my assets (if I have any) to my descendants and donate anything they don't want to charity. Instead of flowers, donate to Shriners' Hospitals for Children, who gave me gazillions of dollars worth of free medical treatment and many positive experiences in my childhood. Invite people to come by and say a few words if they wish to, with no expectations or judgments about whether they do or not. Otherwise, my family is instructed to do what they think best.

At least in death, I may have something to give back to the world.

• kaik
    kaik

I do not much care about it. I am thinking either get cremated and have my ashes scattered at my camellia garden, or buried at the same plot where my ancestors are in past six seven generations, or if possible donate my bones to the Church of the bones like here in Brno.

Church of the bones

Church of the bones

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've put it in my will that I want a secular ceremony with readings and music. There are tons of nice things that could be done that do not involve the stink of religion. I want none of that on me in death--not that I will be aware of it.

• Viviane
    Viviane

if possible donate my bones to the Church of the bones like here in Brno.

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

That is pretty cool. I suddenly have a new plan....

• kaik
    kaik

In Czech Republic there are dozens of churches called Church of the Bones or Ossuary. Until 1781 when they were outlawed, there were at least 75 of them in Bohemia and Moravia alone. Similar churches are in Poland, Austria, but also in Milano and Portugal. Church of the Innocents in Paris before Revolution supposed to be the biggest bone church in history with almost 1 million skeletons.

Church of the bones: Zehun

Church of the bones:Nizkov

Church of the bones: Kolin

Church of the bones: Zdislavice

• kaik
    kaik

Chruch of the Bones in Sedlec is probably the most known in central Europe:

http://www.michalkrajicek.cz/kostnice-kutna-hora-sedlec/

Highly recommend to visit on Heloween, it has mass every November 1.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I haven't planned anything out. I'm dead, who cares?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit