Window-washer is the cover of Feb 2015 WT, "How to enjoy your work!" Hahaha!!

by EndofMysteries 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I don't think it is a nod to apostates, menial work and poor wage has become a normality for JW's, this is how far from reality the org and it's members have become.

Ambition and career aspiration are actually dirty words to JW's. So, so, so, so brainwashed! In reality, this kind of image and article is an indicator for how irrelevant and harmful the bible and religions are to society, nothing to be celebrated. Knowing this, the org brainwashes further by cheering on poverty and menial work.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Funny, none of the jobs they portrayed show people performing vital things that keep the JW's alive and their internet religion going such as:

• Bloodless surgery
    • Inventing/manufacturing tablets to view JW videos
    • Programming and graphic design for the JW.org website
    • CG Animation for Caleb videos
    • Architecting, and interpreting blueprints
    • Building a new space telescope for space pictures and awake farticles.
    • etc.

Who will keep it all running after the smart people leave or die? The new and improved 2.0 JW religion was built from a corner stone of hypocrisy.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When I saw this picture, I wasn't thinking of these people as being secular employees on the job. The first thing that came to mind was that they were volunteer workers at the Assembly Hall, Kingdom Hall or at Bethel. Maybe they are priming everyone to volunteer during a big campaign they might have planned for fixing up Watchtower properties so they can be sold.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

What would make it even funnier is it's probably one of the GB's suites. Where else would they take that photo? So not only is this spiritual food for the R@F but also for those in Bethel to have a big smile on their face while moving in nice furniture, washing windows, doing gardening for the GB.

The Judge would be proud!

With his entourage of "full-time servants" at Beth Sarim.

I have a "cough, cough" health condition, and need to winter in Cali.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I just loathe the leering smile of the window washer in the Caleb pic.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"I have a "cough, cough" health condition, and need to winter in Cali." - What? Are you implying when Rutherford had the mansion built for the princes that would be resurrected in 1925 to lead the Lords work all the way in beautiful California on the other side of the country from where the Lord's headquarters were located that he was anything but sincere in that and never intended to live there himself?

• Heaven
    Heaven

"How to enjoy your work?"

My advice: Do something you love. For you will be doing it for a very long time.

• blondie
    blondie

EOM, his wife only lived a few miles away from him in California but she did not move in with him.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

My observation is that these are not older people. Flash forward 30 years or so and see if you're happy or even able to do menial labor. I suspect not. But I forgot that the new system will be here by then and you won't have to worry about your future.

For those of us who've been around a while this is the core of disillusionment with false teachings.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is fine being young and doing what it takes to earn a little money, but if that is your life's expectation - what a waste of the human experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit