DINOSAURS - What do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe?

by Bloody Hotdogs! 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

It looks like a dinosaur. They did not have pictures 800 years ago.

It looks like modern representations of dinosaurs. You've never seen one so you really can't say it looks like a dinosaur. Also, what makes you think that particular carving is 800 years old?

There is a lot of evidence that man existed with dinosaurs.

They did not use the word dinosaur until recently.

They used to be called dragons for one.

In what way is that evidence?

It is very possible that a small part of biology is wrong and parts of all the other unscientific sciences are wrong.

The parts that are unscientific could be wrong and the parts that are scientific and follow the scientific method are right.

Which parts are you suggesting are unscientific and wrong? Be specific as to why.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Which parts are you suggesting are unscientific and wrong? Be specific as to why.

The parts that are untestable or unprovable.

Any part that does not follow science and the scientific method specifically,

All forms of pseudo science.

What they used to call theoretical.

I thought the carvig was from an 800 year old Buddist temple.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Here is a video about dinosaurs existing with men.

And it shows the 800 year old Budist temple in Cambodia with a stegasauris carved in stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHesNW9WnDM

• Viviane
    Viviane

The parts that are untestable or unprovable.

Which parts do you think are untestable and unproveable? Be specific as to why.

Any part that does not follow science and the scientific method specifically,

All forms of pseudo science.

Please, be specific. I can't read your mind as to what you think is psuedo science or what parts of science aren't following the scientific method.

What they used to call theoretical.

What does that even mean?

thought the carvig was from an 800 year old Buddist temple.

It may well be.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Here is a video about dinosaurs existing with men.

And it shows the 800 year old Budist temple in Cambodia with a stegasauris carved in stone.

It shows a carving of unknown age and origin that you are interpreting to be a stegosaurus.

• Simon
    Simon

Usually when I try to draw a horse it looks like a dinosaur. I hope no one ever uses my drawings of proof that they roamed the earth in the 2000's.

Maybe it was some buddhist-stone-mason-apprentice that was goofing around and made something that happens to look like what we know is a stegosaurus.

People create fantasy creatures today - if a skeleton of something that appears similar to somoene's invention is found, it doesn't follow that the artist ever saw them.

The other alternative is that maybe a skeleton was found / exposed / recorded earlier and it's based on that.

• Terry
    Terry

By this reasoning, Jesus and his apostles had glowing rings (nimbus) floating above their heads, too!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ James Brown...

If you're so convinced that dinos and humans were contemporaries, put your money where your mouth is.

Organize an expidition to the Congo, and go look for evidence of Mokele-mbembe.

• Onager
    Onager

Re: The dinosaur carving, here's an article:

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/stegosaur-claim.htm

For my money it's not a dinosaur. If it isn't meant to represent a real animal maybe a rhino, like the bird carving also on the pillar, then it's some kind of fantasy beast like the toothy monkey wearing a wig which is also carved on the same pillar. :)

• Twitch
    Twitch

The other alternative is that maybe a skeleton was found / exposed / recorded earlier and it's based on that.

I think such is the basis for many legends about dragons and "monsters" in cultural folklore, embellished with word of mouth storytelling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit