A LETTER FROM MY MOTHER...since learning TTATT

by Blackfalcon98 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

So Ive recently: joined the forum, read CofC, began reading Combating Cult Mind Control.....and today I gotta letter from my mother. I thought I'd share it with others so that I can gain some hidden insight, and perhaps just to encourage someone else here who has relatives who are still mentally locked in. So here it is:

DEAR BLACKFALCON98

I love you very much. I'm sorry for the added pain I must be causing you. Please forgive me. I will step back and see how the end turns out. I am a little disappointed with your outspokenness and strongwilled attititude that is not to your advantage in this case or any like it where you are not the authority or holding the controling factor. I see trouble you don't or don't care about or don't believe exist. Nonetheless, it's your life and you are relieved to live it your way. [END OF LETTER]

I particapated in "No shave November". I grew a goat-tee, and the hounders refused to grant me back 'priviledges' because I didn't shave for a month.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sadly we can never reason with dubs. I believe that the root of every JWs problem is this:

Even IF...IF the Bible was inspired of GOD, JWs cannot distinguish between what GOD says and what humans say the he says. Since JWs are the poorest of all Bible students, they defer to "authorities" like the GB. YOU rebelled against these so-called authorities when you refused to shave.

You cannot win against religious authority. They are the boss of you.

DD

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Better be careful about wearing colorful socks. It's prohibited according to the Bible. Aren't all JW rules Bible-based????

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

What's wrong with that letter? She doesn't agree with what you are doing, but agrees you have the right to live life your way. She makes an interesting point about not having the power in the situation -- indicates to me that she has a little bit of reality in her brain. No mention of god, or the bible, which is interesting. She apologizes for giving you pain -- most Jdubs would accuse you of causing THEM pain.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It never ceases to amaze me why the Borg is so paranoid about beards or goatees , the whole bible , that they claim to base their beleifs on is so pro-beard , so long as it is neat and trimmed .

All the prophets , all the preists , all the men , they all had beards at Jehovahs command.So whats the problem ?

Oh thats right jehovahs witnesses are a man made religion of the 19th century , a cult.

smiddy

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Interesting that they took offense to a short term beard for charity. Says a lot to their petty mindedness and lack of care for society in general.

i did Movember. Wish we had No Shave November in Australia instead as the Moustache looked very creepy on me.

Be careful with your mother. Mine said the same, but still shunned me when I got disfellowshipped.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah yes....you acted very "rebelliously" by showing support for a worldly charity!

You should have just pioneered for the month telling people everywhere that all problems will be solved by a giant sky being....

Hang in there mate! Just keep your dignity through all of this...be polite and respectful...then they will have nothing to condemn you for.

(Hey, jwfacts....I agree, us aussies need to change the "movember" thing!. There have indeed been some creepy looking mos going around this month!)

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wait, this letter was all caused because of no-shave Movember? WTF?????

What a CULT. If crap like this doesn't prove it's a high-control group and uncaring CULT, I don't know what does.

Can't even support a different charity for a month? What a bunch of money-grubbing morons. I still can't get over some of shallow-mindedness I/we were all subjected to.

Let's review: It's a CULT!

- Wing Commander

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Let's face it though, this isn't about a little facial hair, it's about your attitude. I'm sure your mother has observed that you do not have respect for the religion like you used to, if you would give up privileges in order to observe Movember. You can't blame her for extrapolating from that and becoming upset because she sees you going astray.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

She sees him as going astray because he does not recognize human authority. She doesn't know the difference between what the BIBLE says and what people claim it says. That's is the root of JWisms issues.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit